Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

A lot of guys make their own, or there are some Schwinn cycle truck advertising panels with the brackets and hardware on Ebay, you could email them and see if they will sell you a set of frame brackets.
That sounds like a great idea, I never would have thought of that. Don't the movie bikes use pipe strap from a roll?

Yeah, at least one of them did, but after all there were multiple bikes and the prop guys were under time and budget constraints, so I'm sure they used anything that was handy, there is a studio production photo that shows the tiger head being held on the siren housing with painted gaffer tape!

Dalek,
I went to ace hardware and found their hobby metals section and found some stainless metal strips, they are easy to bend and use for this application, they also have brass strips if you think it should be stronger, I think got a sheet but used a metal cutter at work to shear it to the thickness, I just measured mine, they are lightly over .75", If you find metal strips, get .875"-1.0"

Went to Ace Hardware today. Found the strips fast and they worked perfectly!
20150410_204542_zpshrt0uxlu.jpg
They look really good when unpainted, shame they have to be painted white..

Nice job. They look a tad long, but thats easily fixed. The brass does look cool, I'm currently building a turn of the century style motorized bike as well, I'm doing brass hanger strips for the gas tank that I'm leaving unpainted for that very reason.

You can also cut the corners then file them for a rounded look, that how the movie bikes have, some radiused corners

I realized afterwards that I had used brass strips that were too skinny, but I did round the corners as Abe suggested, and I felt they looked good enough to leave them as is.
6643563753_6875f0d99c_z.jpg

Also, jeez, a lot has changed since I originally posted this picture back on page 31 in 2012. I don't even live in that house anymore, have I really been doing this for that long?

Well, I am on the home stretch. The tiger siren isnt exactly accurate but eh. Ive been on this project for 2 years and i need to get it down within 3 months since im moving states. In the third picture does anyone know where to get the brackets that are welded where my yellow indicator is in the picture. they sort of look like this -> [ ] and a screw goes in the middle. I think the final parts for to go towards the bike are: to get the medallions for the mudflaps, brass peewee plate, and side skirts.
siren back.jpg
tiger siren(1).jpg
bracket missing part.jpg

Attachments

• siren.jpg
    siren.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 75
hotaspho
for the bracket, I basically cut and bend up some of the same steel the truss bracket is made from and added a screw. when welding it up I would make sure to mark where it should sit on the bike and may tack the pivot locked, as mine moved around a lot.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back