Pee-Wee's Big Adventure Bike

After working all day, I finally got my new springer fork installed:
DSCN0548.JPG

The old one's going to be straightened for another project.

Yeah it is. I have the Proton Pack, MT500 Radio, and a bunch of other memorabilia. My first big project. Months later I came across this old thread again and I started on the bike.

Also, my bike's nowhere near finished. It's just rideable, and painted. I still need a crap-load of stuff. The Tiger Siren was removed for maintenance and I need a new mount for it which I plan on talking to Droidboy about when I have money.

Do you have a link to where you got your springer? I keep putting off buying one, which stinks since it ties so much of the bike together. I bought one that looked good off Amazon, but it turned out it was black and chrome (instead of all chrome) .. so it got returned.

What headset did you use with it too? Did you have to sandblast the chrome before painting the red?

Duckbutt

After working all day, I finally got my new springer fork installed:
View attachment 434977

The old one's going to be straightened for another project.

Do you have a link to where you got your springer? I keep putting off buying one, which stinks since it ties so much of the bike together. I bought one that looked good off Amazon, but it turned out it was black and chrome (instead of all chrome) .. so it got returned.

What headset did you use with it too? Did you have to sandblast the chrome before painting the red?

Duckbutt
I got mine off amazon, and it's the one that's under the Schwinn brand.
http://www.amazon.com/Schwinn-Style...&qid=1423103102&sr=8-4&keywords=springer+fork

I didn't sand blast the chrome, but the paint stuck relatively well, and my headset I got with my original springer fork which was from another schwinn cruiser. Keep in mind you have to cut that steering tube as well. Even with a hacksaw and dremel, it was a hassle to cut, also it's a bit fidgety to install compared to a normal fork. It won't just slide right in since you have to cut the tube. Keep in mind though, that fork may have slightly different measurements that the original since it's probably a reproduction. I did a comparison a bit back just in case you'd like a reference.

Well, I've got a dance coming up and I think I should wear a certain gray suit. Where are the best places to find a similar suit, or are the various costumes any good?

depends on how close you want to get, but Pee wee wears "Glen check" grey plaid, he has all different kinds, but the one he wore in the movie had a blue stripe in the pattern, you can find them in re-sale shops all the time if you have a regular size build, they're on Ebay too, fairly reasonable prices, here is a sample of the pattern:

Attachments

• glen check plaid.jpg
    glen check plaid.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 63
  • glen check plaid.jpg
    glen check plaid.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 61
To make matters even weirder, I've seen early promo pics where Pee Wee has the same Glen plaid pattern but with red accents instead of blue. The suit I ended up finding has the red variation.

JC Penney had one about a year ago that wasnt bad. You should get one thats slightly undersized, as the sleeves and pants should be short and the fit tight.

the suit in the hollywood museum has blue in it.

I'd say no, but if you're happy with it then do what you want. There is at least one real one ebay right now at under 5 bucks with 1 day left on the auction. Fyi.

I'd say no, but if you're happy with it then do what you want. There is at least one real one ebay right now at under 5 bucks with 1 day left on the auction. Fyi.
Yeah I just came across that one yesterday and was saving that amazon one in case I get outbid.
Let's hope the on on ebay isn't in high demand.

Hey... I was going to buy some chain and couldn't remember how much you can fit in a saddle bag. Anybody know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, Ha, I thought you wanted to be screen correct, I have about 25 feet of plastic silver chain,( 1-1/2" links), in mine with a few single broken links that I wrap around it for display.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back