Batman 1966 TV Show

true , but mine are FREE...this isn't about oneupmanship my friend, or a pissing match. Anything copied from Tv will stink. I only downloaded from one place where there are numerous to d/l from .

I wasnt even going to go down the road of oneupmanship. This coming weekend i am going to try an experiment and copy the dvds to see if there is any quality loss. If the results go well i am thinking of doing a free distribution, just cost for the blank media, and packaging.

But about what you just said quoted above- WB released the '66 movie? How come the dvd case has Fox logos plastered all over it and the 20 Century Fox logo during the opening credits?

Is it a case of WB "allowing" Fox to released the film?

Kevin
D'oh! When you're right, you're right. I just looked at my copy, and it has Fox's logo on it. I was going from memory in my previous post, and recalled the author of the online article I'd read stating Warner Brothers owned the rights to all of the Batman theatrical films, including Batman: The Movie. That said, I don't have an answer for you. Apparently, either Fox still owns the rights to the film and the author was wrong, or Fox came to an agreement with Warner Brothers.

We'll not likely get the six million dollar man either.
Actually...

The Six Million Dollar Man DVD news: DVD Plans for The Six Million Dollar Man | TVShowsOnDVD.com

We'll not likely get the six million dollar man either.

I gave up a couple of years ago and bought some bootlegs. The UK has them, or at least some of the seasons.
Hopefully tetsu's offer pans out for Batman, as I have also given up hope with that series.

I just looked at my copy, and it has Fox's logo on it. I was going from memory in my previous post, and recalled the author of the online article I'd read stating Warner Brothers owned the rights to all of the Batman theatrical films, including Batman: The Movie. That said, I don't have an answer for you. Apparently, either Fox still owns the rights to the film and the author was wrong, or Fox came to an agreement with Warner Brothers.

It's cool. I could have sworn I knew the answer at one time.

What is even more ironic is that there was a made for tv reunion film in 2003 called "Return to the Batcave: the Misadventures of Adam and Burt"-

So in the film (which is a loose documentary of how Adam West and Burt Ward were cast for the series), the only actual original footage is from the '66 movie and not the series itself.

Even though Julie Newmar herself starred in the reunion film (along with Frank Gorshin), original footage of Catwoman was not of Julie Newmar, but was of Lee Meriwether who played Catwoman in the film. :wacko

I actually have about 30 episodes on vhs that I taped off the tv when a local station was running a marathon in the 90s; I'm watching it right now! :D :thumbsup

Kevin

I wasnt even going to go down the road of oneupmanship. This coming weekend i am going to try an experiment and copy the dvds to see if there is any quality loss. If the results go well i am thinking of doing a free distribution, just cost for the blank media, and packaging.

Interested :D:thumbsup

anyway.. beyond what tetsuyacasshern is offering to do , if anyone has rapidshare , I can email you the code to download them for yourself. tetsuyacasshern is a good deal , better than paying 50.00 for a set...

I hate to admit this but i do the rapidshare thing for alot of movies that are out of print. I used to go through veoh.com but they cant get the site to work right since they got bought out.

Last edited:
I hate to admit this but i do the rapidshare thing for alot of movies that are out of print. I used to go through veoh.com but they cant get the site to work right since they got bought out.

Don't hate it , this whole site is dedicated to the reproduction of copyrighted materials. I do it all the time , but mainly for seasons of TV shows. Like you can do all the family guy seasons etc. just downloaded first and second season of Bionic woman

( Mine is for personal use only , I don't sell )

It sounds like the parties involved will be issuing the merchandise to see how much interest there is in the series; i.e., if the merchandise sells well they'll consider releasing the series on dvd.

I've been taping the good episodes. The show comes on every night Monday - Thursday. They are almost finished with the 3rd season with Batgirl. I guess they will restart again afterwards.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Metaluna-5-Media/169657579716029
From the Metaluna 5 Media FB page.

Coming Soon!!! The 1966 Batman The Movie theatrical poster!!! Now featuring the classic shark scene and all the original movie credits - size 27" X 40"

Batman_66_poster.jpg

SACRILEGE!

That movie wasn't a bomb! :angry

Maybe it was "Da Bomb"... but 1997 called and asked that I don't say "Da Bomb" anymore.

Just funning with you Bro. ;)

agf7-adam_west_batman_bomb.gif

Easily one of the best comedic moments on screen!

Kevin

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back