ANH Hero DL-44 Discussion - Three ANH Greeblies Found

Thanks for the image MastaBlast...

it looks more like the ANH version than ESB or ROTJ but seems to have a few extra doohickeys and gizmos and a few missing widgets and thing- a- ma- jigs.

Just my observations...

i have a bad feeling about this...

Over in another thread it's been stated that it is indeed an M712 airsoft, with set screws holding the bull barrel and flash hider on.

Definitely based on the ANH version. I wonder if they bought a few kits from DEC...

If that's the case I guess an airsoft M712 will be a bit easier for blaster folks to get their hands on than an MGC ... but in my opinion that's part of the fun in replicating props! I wonder if this is in fact the Hero blaster ... If so, it feels a little lame that it's an airsoft base. After using that live-fire hand canon in the OT that thing must feel pretty dinky to Harrison Ford ...

Yep, that confirms my suspicions..they used an MR LE mount, scope, and possibly grill for the new filming blaster...:facepalm
That coupled with the airsoft m712 makes this the cheapest quality Han blaster yet!..:unsure

P.S. I too hope this is not the Hero version of the blaster.

-Carson

Last edited:
Hello all! As a rookie to the forum, I've recently come across this thread in my venture in creating a replica ANH DL44. Thankfully I found this thread! That being said, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping some of the experienced people here could answer for me. First off, what is the most accurate replica C96 available that I can hunt down as a base for building my ANH replica? I'm leaning away from the Denix for numerous reasons and the MGCs appear to be non-existent at the moment. Also, I see the DLC kit available and it looks amazing, however, is the fact that it is alloy and aluminum going to make a big difference to the overall authentic feel when it comes to the weight of the gun, as it seems steel/brass would be heavier and make it feel like a more solid weapon. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Last edited:
Here's my post over on the Han TFA blaster thread ... I think they may have used an HFC airsoft Mauser, as it's the oly one I've been able to find that has a short mag available that has both the correct sized (and placed) fill hole in the bottom AND the notch on the right side ...

Here's a short mag from the HFC:
http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=2495&cateId=726

Notice these details:

Han Blaster TFA Poster.jpg

Han TFA Poster.jpg

*EDIT: Looks like it could also be a "Bell"
http://airsoftgogo.com/en/product/product/1287

Last edited:
Hello all! As a rookie to the forum, I've recently come across this thread in my venture in creating a replica ANH DL44. Thankfully I found this thread! That being said, I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping some of the experienced people here could answer for me. First off, what is the most accurate replica C96 available that I can hunt down as a base for building my ANH replica? I'm leaning away from the Denix for numerous reasons and the MGCs appear to be non-existent at the moment. Also, I see the DLC kit available and it looks amazing, however, is the fact that it is alloy and aluminum going to make a big difference to the overall authentic feel when it comes to the weight of the gun, as it seems steel/brass would be heavier and make it feel like a more solid weapon. Maybe I'm overthinking it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

MGCs ARE hard to find, but they're the best an only option aside from a denix.

Actually the DEC cast run is heavier than steel... well, the cast parts are. I thought he was doing some steel parts for it too though... check. There's another option too on the horizon that offers steel.

sure does look like the airsoft. either one. if you look close you can see the split nut in that bottom hole.

BOY! JJ went the cheap rout this time.!

Maybe DEC Dave will make a kit to fit this model down the road.

Too bad we wont be seeing Ford jump and get all gun shy and shoot the ceiling in this one. !

Carrying it will be easier on his fragile hips too !

IMG_3939.JPG

Last edited:
I do make/have some steel parts, but the mounts are brutal!
It takes a long time to make them, just to surface the large radius takes over 150,000 lines of CNC code, and it eats up tools.
The cast mounts are very strong and easier for the builder to finish, and like Scott said they weigh at least as much as steel.
For live fire builds I recommend the dovetail mount.

On the picture andyroo posted #3059 I see something where the "Mystery Disk" on Hans blaster is missing. Maybe it was taken off on purpose?

EDIT Wait didn't they use a different frame then that one because the scope mount was on the other side?

Last edited:
Here's my post over on the Han TFA blaster thread ... I think they may have used an HFC airsoft Mauser, as it's the oly one I've been able to find that has a short mag available that has both the correct sized (and placed) fill hole in the bottom AND the notch on the right side ...

Here's a short mag from the HFC:
http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId=1&currencyId=1&manufacturerId=10&prodId=2495&cateId=726

Notice these details:

View attachment 551086

View attachment 551087

*EDIT: Looks like it could also be a "Bell"
http://airsoftgogo.com/en/product/product/1287

The only thing I can see different comparing my HFC and the Bell is my HFC has Hop Up adjustment.

And I guess I will be reworking my HFC to match Han's new blaster.

Welcome to the RPF and thread by the way!

as below, check out DEC. Dave can hook you up for a very accurate replica.

by the way. I gave Dave my C96 replica hammer that I made up for my ANH build. I made one for the Denix and MGC models. It has the c96-New Safety S on the back and works as original. Makes the whole look of the prop much better and accurate.

the hammer on the Denix is just Soooooo bad and horrible to look at. MGC is not much better. The replacement sits on the frame just like the HERO and real Mausers and functions like the original.

i was asked if I could make my build version available... So I put it in Daves hands.

If if there is enough interest, he can run them for you guys.

simple assembly just like original part.

Im sure he will post an interest thread if you guys are interested. ; )

Last edited:

by the way. I gave Dave my C96 replica hammer that I made up for my ANH build. I made one for the Denix and MGC models. It has the c96-New Safety S on the back and works as original. Makes the whole look of the prop much better and accurate.

the hammer on the Denix is just Soooooo bad and horrible to look at. MGC is not much better. The replacement sits on the frame just like the HERO and real Mausers and functions like the original.

i was asked if I could make my build version available... So I put it in Daves hands.

Hmmm, I very well may be interested in one of these.

I would be very interested in a more accurate dummy hammer and safety. Maybe even a "plug" version of the tail end of the firing mechanism that would fit into a more accurately-cut-out frame. Reworking the butt on my Denix is something I'm not looking forward to if I have to scratch-build all of that...

--Jonah

I would for sure

I would be very interested in a more accurate dummy hammer and safety. Maybe even a "plug" version of the tail end of the firing mechanism that would fit into a more accurately-cut-out frame. Reworking the butt on my Denix is something I'm not looking forward to if I have to scratch-build all of that...

--Jonah

YES!

I would love to be able to have a working safety too on a denix. Some type of "drop in" hammer and safety that utilizes the rear receiver hole after removing the material and the denix's hammer/trigger group.

YES!

I would love to be able to have a working safety too on a denix. Some type of "drop in" hammer and safety that utilizes the rear receiver hole after removing the material and the denix's hammer/trigger group.

I didn't try to remove the safety from my Denix. I only recut the knurled area to resemble the HERO better. A working safety would take a lot of work and since it was always seen in the off/ down position in promo pics, I chose not to mess with it.

I replaced the hammer with a cast metal replica from an original C96 hammer that I recut to fit the holes and notches of the Denix and MGC models. The hammer has what is known as the "new safety" and is marked with an n/S on the rear surface.

The butt of the Denix is actually not too bad and looks way better with correct walnut grips like DEC makes to fit perfectly both the Denix and MGC models. Just needs smoothing and finishing to suit taste.

not sure what Inquisitor means by plug version of the tail. If you mean the fire control box, that would take a lot of work to recut and remove.

I didn't try to remove the safety from my Denix. I only recut the knurled area to resemble the HERO better. A working safety would take a lot of work and since it was always seen in the off/ down position in promo pics, I chose not to mess with it.

I replaced the hammer with a cast metal replica from an original C96 hammer that I recut to fit the holes and notches of the Denix and MGC models. The hammer has what is known as the "new safety" and is marked with an n/S on the rear surface.

The butt of the Denix is actually not too bad and looks way better with correct walnut grips like DEC makes to fit perfectly both the Denix and MGC models. Just needs smoothing and finishing to suit taste.

not sure what Inquisitor means by plug version of the tail. If you mean the fire control box, that would take a lot of work to recut and remove.

I think he was referring to it and if he wasn't, I was. I've actually toyed around with the idea of buying a complete fire control box, (sans firing pin or demilled) and attempting to fit it to a denix. But, then I realize it would probably better/economical/reasonable to just buy a real C96 mauser...

I think he was referring to it and if he wasn't, I was. I've actually toyed around with the idea of buying a complete fire control box, (sans firing pin or demilled) and attempting to fit it to a denix. But, then I realize it would probably better/economical/reasonable to just buy a real C96 mauser...

There's no de-milling of a locking frame and hammer group. The firing pin is in the bolt, so no worries there. The problem would be it staying in place with the force required to pull the hammer back. Those springs are strong, and need the bolt, locking block and other internals to keep it in place. While it Maybe slide into a denix, you'd need to do a lot more to make it stay in place, let a long have a trigger push the sear arm to make the hammer fall.

In an MGC you have a better chance, but even that would need a LOT of work.

You're right... better to just get a real gun. ^_^

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back