Make-A-Wish Foundation Costume help!

Pawthorne

Hi all,

My name is Steve. I've been a lurker here on theRPF for a while; mostly for tips and inspiration for costumes that I create for my 2 boys.

I was contacted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation this week because they had found one of the costumes I made for my son - a Godzilla suit - from my wife's blog. It turns out there is a little boy named Maddox, age 6, in Chicago who is battling Leukemia and his 'wish' is to become Godzilla for a day. The coordinator, Anne, contacted me about buying/renting/borrowing my son's costume if it was available - but the costume is a few years old, a bit rough ( i.e. torn, etc ), and shipping from San Francisco to Chicago is $$$ for a costume that would need work regardless.

I know it's asking a lot, but I wanted to see if there were any costume-makers, cosplayers, fabricators, whatever, in the Chicago area that would want to volunteer a speed-build of a Godzilla costume for Maddox's wish to come true.

I can provide my costume as a base for anyone that can take on the challenge if needed.

The time is short for Maddox, and the 'filming' of his Godzilla battle is set for July 9th, so please contact me asap and I can put you in touch with Anne.

Here is a facebook page that they have set up for him = https://www.facebook.com/madzillathemovie

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Steve

I tried looking for the Facebook profile of the mother of the little girl that was in the costume in the following video but I couldn't remember her name.
But anyways, this costume was debuted at Anime Central last month which is a Chicago area convention.

Perhaps you can contact the video uploader who I believe is the father or you can go to the two main ACen Facebook community pages: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2395021809/ or https://www.facebook.com/groups/2204750184/ and ask there. I'm positive the mother is a member of both pages.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried looking for the Facebook profile of the mother of the little girl that was in the costume in the following video but I couldn't remember her name.
But anyways, this costume was debuted at Anime Central last month which is a Chicago area convention.

Infymys, Thank you!!! I'll forward this to the coordinator and see if she can find a contact. She tracked me down from my wife's blog to my wife's Facebook, then to mine all in 24 hours... She's like Dog the Bounty Hunter or something!

The request still stands for anyone else that may have time/resources/suggestions to help. Thank you all!

Bumping this for exposure/visibility. I'll stop bumping it on Monday so no one gets upset..but I wanted folks to be able to offer any help if possible.

Thank you!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back