Rubbertoe Replicas Announces 11th Doctor Sonic Screwdriver Replica!!!

I'm very happy with the sound option I got with mine. It's the same chip from the toy version, but for playability, if you're a cosplayer or just love your props to be more interactive, the sound option is for you!
Maybe with future editions he could install a switch that allows for both sound and no sound?

I am number 60 and mine is expected between the 5th and 12th. Nick told me he is working on numbers 45 to 55 this week and 55 to 65 the week after so you should have yours soon!

O.k. I'm going crazy. My sonic shipped on monday the 1st (FANTASTIC!), traveled half way around the world and arrived in Los Angeles the afternoon of the 2nd (FANTASTIC!).....and has been stuck in customs for 4 DAYS! WTH? Our government/postal system is just horrible. My sonic is less than 30 miles from me since tuesday and Who knows when they'll get off their hands and actually do their job.

The postal service is very efficent (never had any problems local or internationl, it is hard to beat priority mail) customs on the other hand :(

It will be totally worth the wait.

I had something sent from the US to here (Australia) once and after 6 weeks I was curious what had happened to it. The seller checked and it had only just left US customs a couple of days earlier. Unless there is a problem the Customs here tend to clear things coming in pretty quickly I find. (I get lots of stuff from overseas)

O.k. I'm going crazy. My sonic shipped on monday the 1st (FANTASTIC!), traveled half way around the world and arrived in Los Angeles the afternoon of the 2nd (FANTASTIC!).....and has been stuck in customs for 4 DAYS! WTH? Our government/postal system is just horrible. My sonic is less than 30 miles from me since tuesday and Who knows when they'll get off their hands and actually do their job.

The postal service is very efficent (never had any problems local or internationl, it is hard to beat priority mail) customs on the other hand :(

It will be totally worth the wait.

It's been out of customs for four days now, still no sign of it. No help from phone calls to post office's customer service phone line either. I agree with you 100% that the sonic will be FANTASTIC in every way, I respectfully disagree with you about the US Postal service. It's just terrible, and unreliable.

While I can't speak for all the USPS branches right now, my local office is a madhouse. Between the increase seasonal mail volumes, and the budget cuts leading to the office being understaffed, my local office is stretched thin beyond belief.

Well my sonic arrived yesterday afternoon. The Box had been opened, the sonic removed from the cloth sleeve, and the envelope containing the COA torn along with the top edge of the COA. Who ever opened the box gave the contents a real rough handling.

That being said, The Sonic is AMAZING! I have been collecting both original props and replicas since the early 1980's, I have never been so happy with a purchase. Certainly the amount of work Nick and his team have put into these sonics is amazing. I can't believe how low the price is for such quality.

I have to post here about something wonderful that happened today. When the mail arrived there was an envelope from the UK for me. Without asking Nick sent me a replacement COA for my sonic!!! I know he is a very very busy guy these days, and for him to take the time to send the COA.....well that just goes to prove he's is an outstanding gentleman.

Thank you Sir, I truly appreciate it!

Something I have always wanted to make is a modified version of the 11th sonic. So seeing as Im taking a small break for Christmas I am going to make myself one. I spend far too much time running a business these days and really miss messing around in the workshop getting dirty and making cool new stuff. So I asked the CNC machinists to knock me up a set of sonic parts all out of aluminium. I have cast some resin bits up from blue with white and black swirls and also ordered some of the etch marking paint you can use on aluminium on the laser cutter. My plan is to etch some Gallifreyan symbols on the aluminium legs and end cap, I have a few spares so hopefully it should go Ok. I have not used the etch marking paint before so it will be a bit of trial and error. The white handle part I'm thinking of casting out black and the leather handle will remain in black leather. I may mess around with the shape of the beads inside the cage and may add some detail to the extending shaft. One thing I would love to do is add an activation button to extend the sonic and have it extending the full length like the first couple of sonics I made.
Lets see if I get the time to make it, watch this space!
View attachment custom2.pdf

Nice Nick have a ball ! ! !

Hopefully we'll see the 12th Doctor get his own sonic screwdriver next season and it will be one that you can sell replica's of.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back