eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Getting in a heated argument won't change a thing.

EFX I'm sure knows how unhappy everyone is. Their service and poor communication sucks for sure.

They probably got screwed by the manufacturer in China.

You'll get your order.

I like my surprise Vader helmet.

You ever had a premonition that you hoped was untrue? I mean really, really hoped was untrue but deep down you knew you were screwed?

OK, eFX (and let's assume the doomed MR to be created in the near future) is a complete mess and plastic, chip-embedded, 3d printed, x10 the $, medallion encrusted prop replicas is the future... oh, man... :facepalm

Where does that leave us?

Last edited:
Go look at the Anovos page. I just did. Over 40 products that they have taken payment for. They've shipped TWO. EFX has had TWO delays. If there is one legit complaint about EFX, it is their communication with customers. Their products have hit customers in a far more timely fashion than any other replica company that has come before, or since. This new joint, PropShop, will likely beat both.

Edit for the link to the SW items.
http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars

Anovos promptly refunds payments if you would like to cancel.

Hi All!
So between EFX and Prop Shop, we are able to offer a more comprehensive range of products and options for our collectors.

If the Prop Shop is now the license holder for TFA (and presumably Rogue One and every SW movie they work on), where does this leave the future of EFX?

EFX's main draw is their Legend and Studio Scale editions. With how long both of the manufacturing times take they're going to need more than a single Vader PCR edition to keep them afloat between Legend/Studio Scale releases. I wonder if they'll try a PCR version of the Scout and Boba next to keep things going? And whatever happened to all the different lightsaber lines...Stunt (Precision Cast), Reveal and Extreme.

Lately, I've been very disappointed with EFX.
But, I'm willing to forgive them if they make more replica sabers.
Preferably reveal lightsabers because Luke reveal was a top-notch product that surpasses MR's sabers.

I think your count is misleading. You are including variations of the same product such as 3 versions of the Shadow trooper. Many on the list are not late. Quite a few are late, but not 40. People know the products are preorders and shipping will be at least months away. Anyone not comfortable with this should not do a preorder regardless of manufacturer.

Several products offered as a presale through Anovos have been cancelled and refunded because of too few orders. Determining how many of an item to make is a major part of why they do preorders. Many previous companies had to put items on clearance because they made too many for the demand. Most of these companies don't survive for long if they do that.

I have no issue with Anovos or other companies doing preorders before determining how many of the product to make. Lack of communication and responding to refund requests is an issue. Obviously excessive delays are an issue too, but I wouldn't call every delay "lying". There are many factors out of their control such as coordinating multiple suppliers and licensor approvals.

The Vader helmet has been delayed a few times
(though looks like they have production product on display at shows). Sadly I got the pre-pre-order price through a 3rd party so I don't have access to the monthly email but I get the impression Anovos is communicating less and less as the delays get worse.

All conjecture but seems many assume all these projects got bumped to get the TFA stuff out the door for Disney. This makes sense from a business point of view but still sucks from a customer point of view (that spent money before TFA stuff was offered).

Anovos looked to be communicating more often than EFx which was a good thing. Their site is more professional and seems to be updated (which isn't tough to beat EFx's 2 year site update cycle), they give prompt refunds. All of which seem to be improvements in this limited market.

Though you can't ignore that they have put up TONS of stuff as pre-order over the last YEAR AND A HALF+ and delivered few actual products so far. While I personally don't think they are in the dog house yet, the sheer number of products and delays on the first products offered doesn't look to good and common sense would dictate it could only get worse assuming even small delays on each product.

Just found the anovos star wars update page: http://www.anovos.com/pages/star-wars-updates

That is exactly what we want, the wait is livable, updates on progress, issues is great to know. looks like Vader helm is shipping very soon!

Anovos is doing communication and updates right! The only issue I see is they might just be too aggressive with number of products... but who knows maybe they are hiring tons of umpa lumpas.

I think your count is misleading. You are including variations of the same product such as 3 versions of the Shadow trooper. Many on the list are not late. Quite a few are late, but not 40. People know the products are preorders and shipping will be at least months away. Anyone not comfortable with this should not do a preorder regardless of manufacturer.

Several products offered as a presale through Anovos have been cancelled and refunded because of too few orders. Determining how many of an item to make is a major part of why they do preorders. Many previous companies had to put items on clearance because they made too many for the demand. Most of these companies don't survive for long if they do that.

I have no issue with Anovos or other companies doing preorders before determining how many of the product to make. Lack of communication and responding to refund requests is an issue. Obviously excessive delays are an issue too, but I wouldn't call every delay "lying". There are many factors out of their control such as coordinating multiple suppliers and licensor approvals.

What is of concern to some, is that Anovos is going down the same path as efx did, offering way to many products and delivering few in a reasonable amount of time

So wait a second...I just received a Vader helmet today that I was not expecting nor accepted as a replacement for the Scout Helmet I ordered and paid for. There was no correspondence with the packaging or through email. Is the Scout helmet not happening? Do I not get a refund? Do I not get a Scout helmet? Is this Vader helmet that shows up at my door unexpectedly my "purchase" for the Scout helmet? I am so confused. If I wasn't so confused, I might be disappointed or possibly elated. I don't know how to feel or know what's going on.

Anyone who runs a business like this should expect backlash. Look at it like this:

1) Order BS helmet
2) Ask for updates etc and receive little or nothing
3) Offered free Vader helmet that you can only accept if you waiver the right to cancel 2 year old BS helmet order ( which is worth double the Vader) -very dodgy in itself. Anyone who has waited this long with so few updates and such poor treatment should get this WITHOUT waivering any rights.

If this were a private maker selling in the Junkyard would he be given the same stay of execution? I think not. This fiasco only proves more that you are better buying unlicensed, quality rather than overdue limited numbers from companies who abuse the trust people have put in them.

Anyone who runs a business like this should expect backlash. Look at it like this:

1) Order BS helmet
2) Ask for updates etc and receive little or nothing
3) Offered free Vader helmet that you can only accept if you waiver the right to cancel 2 year old BS helmet order ( which is worth double the Vader) -very dodgy in itself. Anyone who has waited this long with so few updates and such poor treatment should get this WITHOUT waivering any rights.

If this were a private maker selling in the Junkyard would he be given the same stay of execution? I think not. This fiasco only proves more that you are better buying unlicensed, quality rather than overdue limited numbers from companies who abuse the trust people have put in them.

My girl just appeared behind my back and looked at the computer screen where I was reading this thread and this particular post. She then asked me: "What is that bull-**** helmet are you reading about?", I was like: "Whaaaaa?". She replied: "BS helmet" :lol

So wait a second...I just received a Vader helmet today that I was not expecting nor accepted as a replacement for the Scout Helmet I ordered and paid for. There was no correspondence with the packaging or through email. Is the Scout helmet not happening? Do I not get a refund? Do I not get a Scout helmet? Is this Vader helmet that shows up at my door unexpectedly my "purchase" for the Scout helmet? I am so confused. If I wasn't so confused, I might be disappointed or possibly elated. I don't know how to feel or know what's going on.

That's odd because they sent me a tracking email. You should've also gotten a scout helmet update email a few months ago explaining that the Vader helmet is a gift to those of us that have had to wait so long for the scout helmet. It is not a replacement. The scout helmet is still coming.

That's odd because they sent me a tracking email. You should've also gotten a scout helmet update email a few months ago explaining that the Vader helmet is a gift to those of us that have had to wait so long for the scout helmet. It is not a replacement. The scout helmet is still coming.

Oh, great!!! That is awesome news. Now I'm elated. Thanks for the clariication.

Oh, great!!! That is awesome news. Now I'm elated. Thanks for the clariication.

It's not nice, planting false hopes in people's heads... :)

Here is some info for those who did not see my wondercon thread---

Per Gino the delays for the scout trooper were on the manufacturers end

He showed me that they kept screwing up on the visor was it kept being cut wrong and uneven (please see attached photo)

Not only that but they were painting it all wrong, places that need matte white were glossy and vis versa.

I dont remember if they pretty much had to start all over with them but yes there were some pretty nasty delays because of this.

Since you guys paid a good chunk for the scout helmet im sure they wanted to give you guys a well built quality helmet.

SAM_1526_zps4b8f0ben.jpg

Thanks for the post, Cry-Lo Ren. I never did receive an email as others did, but was glad to get a surprise Darth Vader helmet and still getting my Scout helmet! I can't wait for the Scout helmet.

I have the Legend+Pistol on order, fully paid.
Never received the Vader offer email, however did get a tracking notice from UPS last week, with the sender marked as 'eFX'.
Well - Vader helmet showed up today. Looks pretty good, definitely a keeper for me, however, it's not a sufficient substitute for the Scout, in case that was the intent.

Here is some info for those who did not see my wondercon thread---

Per Gino the delays for the scout trooper were on the manufacturers end

He showed me that they kept screwing up on the visor was it kept being cut wrong and uneven (please see attached photo)

Not only that but they were painting it all wrong, places that need matte white were glossy and vis versa.

I dont remember if they pretty much had to start all over with them but yes there were some pretty nasty delays because of this.

Since you guys paid a good chunk for the scout helmet im sure they wanted to give you guys a well built quality helmet.

View attachment 631585

I think the last email update I got, a few months back, also said the original factory making these went under. So on top of the original factory screwing up the helmets in the first place, then they went under. So eFX had to basically start all over, from scratch, with a new factory.
I'm happy Brian popped in to say these are still in production. But I can't wait to receive this - so very long awaited for - helmet, & put this whole fiasco behind me.
This helmet has got to be a huge pain in the ass to build. I've got an RS on order as well, & that's over a year past due as well. & I hear the few that have gone out, from RS, have issues.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back