Stargate: Atlantis Tablet PC - Motion Computing M1400

I think you can count me in for one! :) You could try making the medical scanner attachment, too.

And while it goes without saying for anyone trying to figure it out, the ribbon cables are just hacked up IDE ribbon cables from a computer. ;)

Oh, do you think you could model up the other end of the device, ronime? The little plug piece. It looks perfect to house a USB B (like a printer) cable end so that it can be really "plug and play"

When I make these, I'm hoping to find some broken USB cables to use to finish these off. I have one that our kitten so graciously supplied me with, so I will use that for the first one. I even have the tablet (still amused I have the same model just laying around) so I can get some fun pics of it together.

This is the scanner, right? Life_signs_detector.JPG

I think I can put one together. Have to find more pictures of it but should be doable. Still learning 3D, but I can do what I can! Besides, more stuff I can have at my prop/accessory booth in September ;)

Alright, hoping it is the right prop, found some good info on it. I would only be able to make the case for this, but you can still buy the original PDA for this. The one used is a HP iPAQ Pocket PC H5550 H5555 Win 2003 400 MHz.

$T2eC16NHJF4FFksJJyL-BRb9yOlH7!~~60_35.JPG

Here are some pics of the ACTUAL prop from both sides :D The outer shell will be in 2 halves, the front will be painted plastic, maybe vac formed? The back piece will be cut metal and probably have some way to secure them in a way that is easy to remove and put in the PDA. As far as the software for the device itself, we will have to find it. If we can find a good supply of the devices, I could perhaps do a run of them. This will be a fair bit more work than the crystal adapter though, but I will try to keep costs down.

Propworx212.jpg

Propworx196.jpg

Propworx194.jpg

Propworx225.jpg

hehe, that's the 'life signs detector,' actually I meant the medical scanner tablet attachment as used by Dr. Keller in "Tracker," and used by Dr. Beckett on Ronon. Both times it was used to locate the tracking devices implanted in them as runners by the Wraith.

The "Lord Protector's" Royal Genealogist also used a handheld variant which connected with the life signs detector. Just the same, I'd love it if you could make the housing for the life signs detector too, I've been itching to get one.

Lantean medical scanner - Stargate Wiki

Haha, I should be able to get that done. I'm about 1/4 done with the life sign scanner model anyway, so I can finish that up and move on to the other piece. I'll try to find some other pictures of the original prop, should help out a lot. By the time we are done here I might make all the small props from Atlantis :p

By the time we are done here I might make all the small props from Atlantis :p

:thumbsup

Word has it that *MIGHT* be the device, but it doesn't look the same as the one Keller had. I keep meaning to do a bunch of screen grabs from "Tracker" but I keep forgetting.

Alright, so I need to find pictures of this small piece he is using. Right now I am making the PDA section. I have the DVDs of the first couple seasons, but not sure if it is clear enough to get the shots I need. I am going to be browsing through the Stargate auctions to see if it is in any of the listings.

I may have found it.

Ancients Medical Scanner original TV series prop from Stargate Atlantis (TV) (2004)

Also, if you really wanted to, you could make the the body of the adapter out of layers of plastic. Luckley, all the shapes are straight lines, so a steady hand with a razor could do a decent job.

That looks like it! Thanks Crimson13! :) It glows, so there should be room for LEDs and power inside it. ronime, if you do make that, you might want to make a cable adapter built in, but functional with or without.

I may have found it.

Ancients Medical Scanner original TV series prop from Stargate Atlantis (TV) (2004)

Also, if you really wanted to, you could make the the body of the adapter out of layers of plastic. Luckley, all the shapes are straight lines, so a steady hand with a razor could do a decent job.

Thank you for finding it! That should help a lot!

As far as making the PDA section, I found a lot of images of the original cast without the PDA in it, and printing it is probably the best option, lots of little things to try to get in, including the ancient writing which I have almost translated for exact replication. I also have really bad seizures and have to limit use of physical tools (why I use 3D a lot). Still an awesome find, and I can't thank you enough!

Any time! I'm glad my google-fu helped!

Now to see if I can turn an old hp touchpad into something....

Edit: those of you looking for covers, stands, or other stuff for the M1400, theres a decent amount on ebay right now.

That looks like it! Thanks Crimson13! :) It glows, so there should be room for LEDs and power inside it. ronime, if you do make that, you might want to make a cable adapter built in, but functional with or without.

I will make them as a hollow shell with an EL strip in it. I'll probably have it wired in a way where you can just put in a AAA or something with a simple switch. There is no cable running to the PDA so it would probably be the best way for it.

I'm thinking we can go ahead and make a list of all potential props for me to make from the show (All 3 Stargate shows perhaps) and as I have free time just start going down the list for what we all want ;) I mostly do Star Wars stuff right now, but I think Stargate is about to surpass it in prop amounts.

Ok, this is what I have so far. Have to do all the depth stuff and finish getting the ancient text, but still some good progress for a couple hours.

So far I have the text on the top right as WHOAREYOU and the left as MSDI. Having a LOT of trouble with the bottom though.

Click on it for full size.

I will make them as a hollow shell with an EL strip in it. I'll probably have it wired in a way where you can just put in a AAA or something with a simple switch. There is no cable running to the PDA so it would probably be the best way for it.

I'm thinking we can go ahead and make a list of all potential props for me to make from the show (All 3 Stargate shows perhaps) and as I have free time just start going down the list for what we all want ;) I mostly do Star Wars stuff right now, but I think Stargate is about to surpass it in prop amounts.

Which do you mean the hollow shell for? For the medical scanner, it did hook up to the laptops as well. I just pulled some screen shots for you. Can you PM me your e-mail address?

As to the life signs scanner, I wonder, would you be able to make one that's designed to fit the original device so we could do 'live' stuff?

...I just translated the damn text on the PDA section... "Who are you", "You have too much time", and "MSDI" (Medical Scanner Device Interface is my guess)

We just spent 5 hours trying to translate it because no images were clear enough to be sure. DAMN YOU PROP DEPARTMENT. :p

PMing you my e-mail now.

There were tons of in jokes like that. The screens said all sorts of stuff during the various seasons, including making jokes about different members of the staff and such. :D

Ok, I'm done on this model for now :p Here we go, the only fully accurate 3D model made for this prop. Soon to be the only accurate with text replica of it made. I'm exhausted now :p

send me a pm of your email address and I'll send you my link to the stargate files :)
... Ive got one of the screen used tablets, would be nice to know if it was McKays or not :)

Oh nice! I'm working on all the screw holes and the edge details, be so nice to see stuff of the original! I REALLY want to make it as exact as possible.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back