Ultimate Captain America Costume build

OmanTortuga

Hey all!

I have been designing and researching my Ultimate Captain America costume that I will be wearing to the NYC Comic Con this October. I finially started buying and prepairing pieces of my costume and will be posing pics starting this weekend and giving constant updates.

600374-captain_america_large.jpg

So far I have the following:
Cherry red combat boots
ww2 style leather belth with ammo pouches
metal 30" ultimate style cap shield
navy blue baseball pants
ultimate style cowl (thanks to Fettster)
top (thanks to Spidey4Fun)
Cherry red aviator gauntlet gloves (dying to match boots and top)

I am in the process of weathering the boots, I was lucky to get a great deal on a pair of Dr. Martens 1914 14-eye boots. For the gloves I am still deciding wether or not to add pouches, seeing that sometime he has them and some times he does not. My cowl is coming straight from Fettster, I can't say enough amazing things about his work and how amazing his Cap masks look!!! My top is being created by Spidey4Fun, who's work is incredible!!!! Huge thanks to both Fettster and Spidey4Fun!!!

2011-02-03-17-07-49-735.jpg
2011-02-03-17-06-12-788.jpg

2011-02-04-23-55-45-449.jpg
2011-02-04-23-56-32-683.jpg

2011-02-15-18-13-52-025.jpg
2011-02-15-18-14-20-027.jpg

2011-02-15-18-07-12-485.jpg
2011-02-15-18-03-54-784.jpg

2011-02-19-14-57-01-596.jpg
2011-02-19-14-57-40-351.jpg

1300318618104.jpg
1300318569842-picsay.jpg

1300318514446-picsay.jpg
1300318477279-picsay-1.jpg

DSC01418.jpg
DSC01417.jpg

DSC9323-L.jpg

IMG_0216-1-dragged.jpg
310190_280255941996540_203785522976916_934796_543244228_n.jpg

cnncaptainamerica.jpg

Last edited:
Mike (PunisherNC on various boards-not sure if he's a member here) used a type of baseball pants for his costume below:

76693_877325530468_2732782_48261805_3184036_n.jpg

He got his top from Brad (spidey4fun).

There are metal scales (maybe plastic ones too) that can be found out there.
Or you can cut the scales to the size/shape you prefer out of leather, pleather, or Foamies (which can then be painted with PlastiDip to look like leather).

Either way is going to be time intensive to attach the scales to the shirt.

Thanks for the advice Darius! I thought about using a pair of royal blue baseball pants, but werent sure how they would look, but they look great on his outfit, so that looks like the way to go!

And thanks for the advice on the top, I might hit up spidey4fun and ask him some questions if he has a spare minute or two

I added pics of my shield and of my ww2 style leather belt and ammo pouches. The belt has 2 different style of pouches, I thought it gave the belt a better look over all. I am thinking of doing a leather stain to the belt and pouches to make them all darker. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Pics of my boots and gloves will be up later this week...

I also ordered navy blue baseball pants after the recommendation from Darius and a couple of others, I will post pics of those as well after I receive them.

I'm also trying my hand at a build, I sent spidey a pm also ,maybe it will be worth his time with more interest...
what are you using for gloves?
Thanks for the advice Darius! I thought about using a pair of royal blue baseball pants, but werent sure how they would look, but they look great on his outfit, so that looks like the way to go!

And thanks for the advice on the top, I might hit up spidey4fun and ask him some questions if he has a spare minute or two

I love this thread, captain america is one of my favourite superhero's. I'd love to know how and where the guy in the pic got the pattern sublimated outfit from and i wonder how much the helmet was too!

@OmanTortuga

I'm really looking forward to seeing this build, because if that is you in your Avatar then you will actually resemble the comic book Captain who is built. No offense to other Cosplayers but Captain just doesn't look right when he looks like a skinny rake! It would be like the Hulk looking like PeeWee Herman :p

Good Luck with your build

I actually got an awesome pair of Halcyon cherry red leather motorcycle gauntlet gloves that I am distressing and still debating on if i am gonna put pouches on them or not seeing Ultimate Cap is drawn with and with out them. I will have pics up of them and of the boots by the weekend.

Thanks MykiiAmore!

Yeah, that is me, lol. People where I train and spar joke and call me Captain America cause I show up all the time in my Cap hoodie. He's been my favorite since I was a little boy!

thundrkiss:

Yeah, I am gonna have spidey4fun do the top for me as well, his work is sooo amazing that I couldnt even come close to the quality. He is also going to make a short sleve version of the top for me (just minus the white sleeves) like cap wears in the ultimate books when he is not in his uniform as well.

@OmanTortuga

I'm really looking forward to seeing this build, because if that is you in your Avatar then you will actually resemble the comic book Captain who is built. No offense to other Cosplayers but Captain just doesn't look right when he looks like a skinny rake! It would be like the Hulk looking like PeeWee Herman :p

@OmanTortuga

i second this i think theres a thread somewhere that goes into discussion people choosing characters that suit them haha and have been watching this thread hoping to see some progress its good you have a plan

Mike (PunisherNC on various boards-not sure if he's a member here) used a type of baseball pants for his costume below:

76693_877325530468_2732782_48261805_3184036_n.jpg

He got his top from Brad (spidey4fun).

There are metal scales (maybe plastic ones too) that can be found out there.
Or you can cut the scales to the size/shape you prefer out of leather, pleather, or Foamies (which can then be painted with PlastiDip to look like leather).

Either way is going to be time intensive to attach the scales to the shirt.

Okay...where did this guy get his awesome cowl???

Funky Jedi:

I believe the cowl in the pic was made by Fettster, his work is awesome! He has a string in here with pics, search captain america cowl

Excellent work! I'm a big fan of the Ultimate Cap costume. I even daresay you look more like Cap with your costume rendition than Chris Evans in the upcoming movie's costume. :thumbsup

I might suggest adding a full collar to complete the look, but even without it, it looks spectacular!

Last edited:
Updated:
Added pics of boots
and of me wearing pants, ammo belt, boots
(yes, I am wearing a Puerto Rico Jersey lol)

Pics of gloves coming this week, hopefully will have pics of cowl soon as well, and ordering the top from spidey4fun!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back