Terminator: Genisys

I'm still on the fence after this trailer. The fanboy in me thinks a lot of this looks great, but I'm also wary of it being rehash. I'm not sold on their casting for John Connor or Kyle at all, but I like the T-1000, and think Sarah Connor was well cast.
I'm not expecting a T1 or T2 with this, I think we can rule that out right now. But I think it could be a ton better than the most recent two movies too. Ok, that might not be much of an achievement in itself, but there's nothing so far that makes me think this will be garbage.

Still meh.
I just can't get on board with all this reboot recast crap. Makes me cringe.
I will never get the future war I wanted that is clear.
I'm sure it will be very pretty though.

I liked it all except the bus flipping end over end. Simply impossible without a hell of crapload of torque to do that. School buses have a curb weight of 10,000 lbs to 36,000 lbs. We've never seen a Terminator able to shift 18 TONS like that, so it's just stupid to a bus flip like that.

I liked what I saw. Way better Future War sequences compared to Salvation. I'll remain hopefully optimistic.

This franchise is starting to look like a big joke. Do they keep having to reuse lines from the first two movies?? I watched the trailer a few times now and it feels like a TV movie/show. Why couldn't they just continue the storyline from McG's movie.

After seeing the trailer, I can't be sure if this is going to be good or if its going to suck worse than the last two movies. I guess only time will tell.

Cringe worthy lines, crap CGI, redesigning everything - HK's look nothing like a HK. Now looks like something from the star wars prequels :facepalm

I'll just quote Ian Malcolm to describe the whole thing in sufficient detail:

Miscast cluster frak :facepalm

I actually liked it! I'll definitely check it out.

You like crappy CGI???

Oh, it's gonna be awful. But I'll still see it!

Exactly why Hollywood keeps making utter schite, because of people like this.

Why couldn't they just continue the storyline from McG's movie.

Because that piece of crap shouldn't even exist in the first place?

Using the remains of a Tardis to power the time travel device they have.

Most likely :facepalm

Last edited by a moderator:
We've never seen a Terminator able to shift 18 TONS like that, so it's just stupid to a bus flip like that.

Right? These movies about time-traveling cyborgs are so unrealistic.

I liked what I saw. Way better Future War sequences compared to Salvation. I'll remain hopefully optimistic.

I"ll agree with that to an extent. One thing about the future war scenes from the original... it was always night, or at least dark. Whether it was because the sun was blocked out or because they only fought under the cover of darkness... the one thing that was off about Salvation was there was so much daylight.

This franchise is starting to look like a big joke.

Starting? The joke started with T3.

It does look like the "Returminator" basically throws everything (including the kitchen sink!!!!) into the frying pan with this one!!!! The reason I like the first two so much is the strong character development through the stories. The last two had nothing like this, it was just one set piece after another that just got to feel more ridiculous the longer it went on and more Micheal Bayish. I hope the film is better than the trailer promises, there are some good things here, but seemingly not much in the way of new ideas. The more they muddy up the timelines in the series, the less interested I am.

I"ll agree with that to an extent. One thing about the future war scenes from the original... it was always night, or at least dark. Whether it was because the sun was blocked out or because they only fought under the cover of darkness... the one thing that was off about Salvation was there was so much daylight.

Yeah, the makers of Salvation apparently forgot all about the whole Judgment Day and the nuclear winter.... :facepalm

Starting? The joke started with T3.

Indeed. The spoof entry of the franchise. After T3, the joke of the franchise it evolved into an atrocity with Salvation and now it's evolving into god knows what.

Such a waste.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back