Rare ROTJ bts footage

thd9791 tom, check this out. is that a black control box on lukes saber?!?! i always thought this scene was the V3, and then while luke is walking the cat walk he's holding the un-ignited v2

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you mean at the end? I think this video showed up on another thread - Luke's stunt double is holding the ANH stunt, used frequently as a back-up and training saber, with black gaffer tape on the clamp and emitter (which still are there to this day!)

@thd9791 tom, check this out. is that a black control box on lukes saber?!?! i always thought this scene was the V3, and then while luke is walking the cat walk he's holding the un-ignited v2
Darn you Danny! I was JUST TYPINGS THAT haha. Great minds think alike;)

Guess thd9791 answered both of our questions then:)

Last edited by a moderator:
At 0:37 mark, which saber is Vader holding? I thought it initially looked like a dueling MPP base or Graflex conversion, , but then I talked myself into the Barbicon.

Do you mean at the end? I think this video showed up on another thread - Luke's stunt double is holding the ANH stunt, used frequently as a back-up and training saber, with black gaffer tape on the clamp and emitter (which still are there to this day!)

tom! got any pictures of the gaffers tape stunt?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Darn you Danny! I was JUST TYPINGS THAT haha. Great minds think alike;)

Guess thd9791 answered both of our questions then:)

At 0:37 mark, which saber is Vader holding? I thought it initially looked like a dueling MPP base or Graflex conversion, , but then I talked myself into the Barbicon.

what sucks is i dont have a Facebook account so its just a tiny screen and a damn huge window that pops up blocking it... someone steal this video for me, ill host it on youtube if the video snatcher doesnt have a youtube account

I wish I could get a good screenshot of that saber...... Seems to be too blurry when I try

This is what I believe that is!
Picture 68.pngScreen Shot 2015-04-10 at 4.24.06 PM.pngstar-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back.jpg

currently, it has gaffer tape over the clamp, and the track may have come off in that Death Star duel by the look of it quickly

sorry tom, i got confused i thought it was a obiwan stunt my bad :wacko
noworries!

they also put gaffer tape on the graflexes used for fencing in ESB. Well, at least one, mark has complained into the 2000s that those sabers cut up his hands in more ways than one :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back