Blade Runner SUSHI BAR + SLICE OF LIFE making of

Hey guys, where do I buy my Slice of Life T-Shirts ?

Teespring.com ?

Haha, glad you asked!!!

With many cool articles coming out about our Slice of Life film, we figured we might as well hurry up with the Kickstarter. So now we're figuring out what the perks will be... And I can tell you there's going to be some sweet Slice of Life merch there.. T-shirts, posters, fancy stickers, Slice cigarette packs... And as an avid vinyl lover, my dream is also to release the soundtrack on vinyl...

So if you'd like a t-shirt you might as well buy it through our campaign soon! We'll really, really, really, really, really appreciate it!!!

I'll update you with anything that happens, and in the meantime keep your fingers crossed that this baby becomes a reality: :lol:lol:lol

vinil_zps3da7wnxy.jpg~original.jpg

Last edited:
...there's going to be some sweet Slice of Life merch there.. T-shirts, posters, fancy stickers, Slice cigarette packs...

Oh, man, let me know what you're thinking of for stickers & cigarette packs and such – I'm sure I've got some BR graphics that you might me able to use :)

Dude, the trailer for this film was phenomenal. You need to submit this project to filmmaking sites like NoFilmSchool, FStoppers, StudioDaily, etc... You need to get some more eyes on this thing!

SB

Absolutely amazing. I had to make an account to compliment you.
I found this thread and your trailer on Reddit.
Really outstanding work.

Im more excited to see your final version than the official Blade Runner sequel.
You really have the BR ambiance done perfectly.
The buildings and props are extremely well done.

You've done a man's job, sir.

I'm so amazed by all of this thread, I started reading it last night at around midnight and didn't go to bed until 3:30am and still didn't finish it, that was for today and I've finally gotten to the end and I've got to say this is inspirational!
I can't wait to see the final film. :D

Aww thanks guys!!! I'm really really happy you find our work inspirational! :love

We're still trying to figure out that Kickstarter thing. Each day we're diving more and more into the magical world of taxes and bureaucracy! :lol
We do know a little bit about making films, but we must admit we have no idea when it comes to crowdfunding, haha! The problem is we're in Croatia so we gotta run the campaign through some other country which is eligible for funding, and after all the fees, moving the money to Croatia, paying the taxes, producing the "perks" and shipping them all over the world - you might just end up where you started.
It's interesting though.. We saw a lot of successful campaigns before and it never occurred to us that in the end you can only get a fraction of the total income to actually spend on your project. So you have to be supper careful in designing your campaign, and it takes research and time.

In other news, our composer Tim uploaded the music from the trailer to youtube, so check it out if you'd like:

Thanks again everybody, and talk to you soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool soundtrack so far. Definitely got that Vangelis feel to it. What (I'm assuming software) are you using to compose it all? What software for the final mix down?

Please be very, very careful when estimating your shipping for the Kickstarter perks – underestimating the shipping costs has cost some campaigns dearly.

Additionally, there is also the risk that you may end up with tens or hundreds more supporters than you anticipated, requiring you to scale up the orders or production of the perks considerably.

This guy has covered a couple Kickstarter campaigns that imploded:

http://propnomicon.blogspot.com/search?q=kickstarter+

Wishing you all the best!

-MJ

Hey guys what's up? I hope everybody's doing great!
Getting awfully hot here in Croatia, which probably means "TVcommercial" season is coming to an end, and "filmmaking" summer is starting again, wohooo!

Not really much in terms of an update... We are doing some final touch ups on the Kickstarter campaign at last, should be up soon.

Apart from that I again started to glue and paint some stuff in the happiest place in the world - the workshop. :love
So I got the idea to print lots of ads that I collected around the web. I nicely arranged them in photoshop.

1_zpsde2cehxg.jpg~original.jpg

Then I glued the printed ads to a thin styrene sheet, and when it dried I cut up all the individual ads, and spraypainted the backs grey...

2_zps1uwywjzn.jpg~original.jpg

My main building material: all kinds of barbecue sticks I could find in the store!
I'm gluing them with superglue and even though it has a fast setting time, it can still take some time until the pieces connect.
So, I learned a great trick: sprinkle the glued pieces with baking powder to get instantaneous bond. It's an awesome trick, saves a lot of time!!!

3_zps63pppn3w.jpg~original.jpg

I'm envisioning some kind of beautiful cluster of these ads, stacked one on top of another.. You know what I mean, it's going to be so ugly that it's beautiful.

4_zpsvxhzspl5.jpg~original.jpg

This is just a start, more pics coming soon... I just tested it with a couple of LEDs. It should look good on the top of some building in a city shot.

5_zpszktexqrf.jpg~original.jpg

See yaaaaaaa sooooooon!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
YO!
I'm extremely happy to announce that one little project of mine that was in the making for a loooooong time is finally done - The "Blade Runner Blimp Antenna Etch" !!!

1_zpshqsuqsyd.jpg~original.jpg

So basically it's a replica of the etchings they made for Blade Runner, and to get it made I had to draw the whole thing in Illustrator. naturally, I wanted to make it as accurate as I could but unfortunately there aren't any big resolution photos of the originals on the net. My attempts to contact several people who might have the originals failed so I had to draw it according to just a couple of photos like this:

2_zpsuknby5nq.jpg~original.jpg

After I drew the artwork It was manufactured by a UK company that specializes in photo-etching. Each sheet is 30x16cm, and made from 0.3mm brass. It was rather pricey, but in my opinion they did one helluva job. Just look at that detail!!!

2_zps6ydsf2qy.jpg~original.jpg

4_zpsohm5iu3c.jpg~original.jpg

5_zpswjhyxw9h.jpg~original.jpg

ITS AMAZING! And after you bend the individual parts to give them some dimensionality they really start looking like real antennas.

3_zpscsv6btgp.jpg~original.jpg

I can't wait to glue them to the buildings! They are going to give so much detail to the overall scale of the city.

But actually, the first thing to do was to frame one sheet, and proudly hang it on my living room wall! :lol

6_zps4unmseuq.jpg~original.jpg

Hope you like it! :cheers

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back