Robine007hawk

Hii everyone.. I have been working on Iron Man mark 6 helmet from quite a long time... Everything is done.. bondo stage i am gonna start from tomorrow. the only problem i am facing is the correct red colour for my helmet.. i searched tons of times on internet but in every pic shade is different.. can anybody help me pleasee??????? i have got some pics.. here are they... 9010901_press02-001.jpg10660236_10153149402784338_305866080136143686_n.jpgAutomotive. Dupli-color 'Dark Cherry' for the red and Dupli-color 'Sun Blast' for the yellow.jpgIron_Man_Mark_VI_6_up_part.jpgiron-man-audi1.jpgvlcsnap-2014-03-16-00h06m22s30.pngvlcsnap-2014-03-18-23h08m33s90.png

Hi

I've gone for a Fiat Racing Red for mine. It's a bit lighter than required, but after weathering with black oil paint, it pops nicely.

I'd recommend trying a few colours and see what you like.

Hi

I've gone for a Fiat Racing Red for mine. It's a bit lighter than required, but after weathering with black oil paint, it pops nicely.

ShaunDark80 can you post the pic please?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

ShaunDark80 can you post the pic please?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the one thing an iron man paint job needs is consistency. if you like the bright gold, go with bright red, which gets a more comic book effect. All the colors in the movies have been richer and deeper to avoid making them look fake. but: making the consistent choices between the red and gold is the most critical. I think you can go with lemon yellow and candy apple red as long as you don't mind looking like the 70's Iron Man.

I think the one thing an iron man paint job needs is consistency. if you like the bright gold, go with bright red, which gets a more comic book effect. All the colors in the movies have been richer and deeper to avoid making them look fake. but: making the consistent choices between the red and gold is the most critical. I think you can go with lemon yellow and candy apple red as long as you don't mind looking like the 70's Iron Man.
Yes you are right TheFrankTurk. this is the most trickiest part

- - - Updated - - -

I found this thread a long time ago before I stopped my Pep build
http://www.therpf.com/f78/iron-man-paint-color-149397/

They never come to a formal conclusion on colors but it might help you make a choice on paint anyway
hope it helps and good luck
yes i have already checked out.. but the thng is those are as per their own view point or availabilty

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't an "off the shelf" exact match. The movie suits were plated, and likely mixed special colors, so you'll just have to find a color you think looks best.

I took a look back through his thread and found this;

The knee joint will work just like the elbow joint. The shin won't actually be attached in any rigid way to the thigh. There will be the small parts below the knee that slip into the thighs, but that will be all. That way the thin will be free to slide up and down if needed when the knee is bent.

Not so much. I've got molds for a pair of slightly-too-small thighs and a prototype for an undersized left hand and an undersized faceplate. I had the whole helmet, but the resin for the 3D printer doesn't have very good memory and it has warped significantly under its own weight.

Alas.

UPDATE:

Late last week I handed off the molds for all of the open parts and the larger parts to a guy I know who lays up fiberglass parts for a living. Last night he stopped by with a box:
8944781921_573377236b_c.jpg

The contents? A whole bunch of gelcoated, lightweight, surprisingly strong pieces of the armor:
8944780789_c4eef4406e_c.jpg

I could've laid up the parts myself, but this guy does a much better job in much less time. Now all I've got to do is trim up the edges, do some quick sanding and touchup, and start shooting paint.

On that subject, I stopped by my local automotive paint supplier last night and had them mix me up some colors. The production suit was supposedly painted with a color called "Nissan Merlot Red." When I talked to the service writer at the local Nissan dealership, he was able to give me the paint code for it. It's "AX5" for those of you following along at home. There's also some discussion that it might have been a color called "Roma Red" or "Red Mica" which were a much lighter shade. The color chips for the Merlot Red showed a very dark, purplish tint. So in the interest of experimentation, I had them mix me up a half pint of each. I'll shoot them both and see which one I like better in various lighting.

The gold was a color called "Pacific Gold" from DuPont's Hot Hues line. Unfortunately, my paint guy says they don't make it anymore. But he did have the book of color chips to compare, so I did some flipping through their yellow-saturated gold metallics and compared them against the Pacific Gold chip. I think I found a pretty good match:
8944782967_686403b972_c.jpg

I'm priming things today, but tomorrow this thread should be much more colorful. Stay tuned...

Maybe that will help?

The colors I used on my completed suit were the gold I mentioned above (I don't have a color code for it any more) and Rustoleum "Colonial Red," which wasn't my first choice, but it looks good after it was weathered:

The Rustoleum paint doesn't have any metallic to it, so the color doesn't shift quite as much as the others would when the lighting changes, but it's still pretty dynamic. Here it is in a well-lit indoor setting:

And outside in the sun:

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back