Running a Race as Big Daddy (From Kick Ass)

mpick67

While this is not remotely screen accurate, I made this costume with the intentions of running a 5k obstacle course. I really wanted to add the shoulder armor, but it limited my mobility too much. (I had to climb over walls and maneuver through tight obstacles throughout the race. Unfortunately, this meant that the shoulder armor was not an option.) I really wanted to wear the Big Daddy cowl/mask but it would have been too hot. As it was, I was overheating near the end of the race with the balaclava I was wearing.

I ordered a batman mask from Amazon, and cut off the ears with an X-acto knife. The armor was made from plastic garbage bins. I made cardboard templates from screen captures of Kick Ass 1 and 2. I then transferred the cardboard templates onto the garbage bins and cut them out with a utility knife. I then used a heat gun to form the plastic.

My sister is dressed as Hit Girl.

MASK: Amazon.com : Batman: the Dark Knight Adult Mask : Costume Masks : Toys & Games

SHIRT: Amazon.com: BLACK ARMY COMBAT SHIRT 90010MED, Medium: Sports & Outdoors

PANTS: Amazon.com: 5.11 #74273 Men's TacLite Pro Pant (Black, 34W-34L): Sports & Outdoors

VEST: Amazon.com: VISM by NcStar Molle/Pals Vest/Black (CPV2915B): Sports & Outdoors

CAPE: Amazon.com: 48" Black Cape ~ Halloween Costume Accessory (STC11514): Clothing

BELT: New Trendy Retro 60s 80s Style Faux Leather Stretch Wide Waist Cinch Belt Yellow | eBay

DSCF2596-1200_zps6e7ed8d4.jpg

DSCF2603-1200_zps7c98558b.jpg

DSCF2611-1200_zps49bc74ad.jpg

DSCF2627-1200_zpscd576053.jpg

DSCF2614-1200_zps774904ef.jpg

Spidey
DSCF2624-1200_zps2303c082.jpg

DSCF2638-1200_zpsefa8567b.jpg

After the race in Cracker Barrel. If Hit Girl wasn't there, I think they would have called the cops. ;)
photo4_zps5548e465.jpg

While I didn't win the race, I managed to come in 3rd place. :ninja The two runners that beat me were not in costume. lol :rolleyes

While I'm on the topic of Kick-Ass, I have a short video you guys and gals might like. After watching Kick-Ass 2 and seeing Hit Girl's awesome Ducati with the "HIT-N-RUN" flip plates, I was inspired to make my own.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkFDdoX9Zc&list=UUao3Nt6sXkRZc851f6wHmkg&feature=c4-overview

Press the green button and the plates are "legal"
Press the red button and the plates are "illegal"

NOTE: I know using this device is not legal at all! I just made this for the fun and have since removed it from my motorcycle. :angel

That looks like a fun event, nice to see BD representing!
The plate flipper on your bike....holy ****! That is cool as cool can be :cool:thumbsup

That license plate flipper is so rad!! :cool :thumbsup

Major kudos to running in that BD costume, looks really hot to wear for a race!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back