My mostly Back to the Future prop collection | Updated 11.14.21

Re: My mostly Back to the Future prop collection

Thanks! They're a mix of things. I've just been trying to match what I've seen from a screen shot. The crummy thing is, the best shot of the tools are out of focus.

Yes the joys of 80's films. Seems like sometimes they just didn't care back then. People saw the film at a cinema and the next time would be on VHS where the image was soft anyway.

Oh, you have a fight club soap!

attachment.php

Woooooow!!!! Looks amazing!!! Looks to be a lovely place that you got here! All of the props are really well displayed! I wish I had more space so I could spread mines a bit haha! It's nice to finally see your collection displayed! Loving it!

Wow. Impressive collection. Nice displays too. Love the idea of the paper props embedded in perspex. Looks great!

Holy smokes! This is STELLAR, Dude! Love the diversity of it all too. And the glass display shelves & cases are especially classy looking! (One of my favorite parts though is your 'BACK TO THE FUTURE II' standee. Top notch!) :thumbsup

WoooW. Very nice collection !!! :thumbsup
It seems I've got a long way to go !!:lol

Do you have the Aiwa P02-MKII or the european version P07 walkman as well ?
That's one of the things I'm currently searching for,
as is the Bulova clock ( but a different brand then, e.g. Kipple, less expensive and 99% the same clock except for the name "Bulova")

Thanks! No walkman for me. I guess there are some props that don't jump out to me. That's one of them.

Woooooow!!!! Looks amazing!!! Looks to be a lovely place that you got here! All of the props are really well displayed! I wish I had more space so I could spread mines a bit haha! It's nice to finally see your collection displayed! Loving it!

Aw thanks! The struggle for me is making sure the display doesn't look too busy. I have a few more things I could add, but then it starts looking cluttered. It's a tough balance!

Your collection is AWESOME, and I can't imagine how even more awesome it will be when you get more space. I'm thinking you need a replica Blast From the Past storefront.

The pictures are working for me today! Love the Bttf collection! I really like the clear hooks u used for the checks

OK great! The rpf image hosting gets finicky sometimes. Those clear hooks are just 3M hooks. If I need to move the check, they'll just slide right off!

Holy smokes! This is STELLAR, Dude! Love the diversity of it all too. And the glass display shelves & cases are especially classy looking! (One of my favorite parts though is your 'BACK TO THE FUTURE II' standee. Top notch!) :thumbsup

Oh rad, glad you like it! I've got some more stuff coming that I can't wait to share.

Those display shelves weren't too expensive. The corner piece was $60 and came assembled from a local place that sells displays for stores. And the wide 3 shelf piece was $120 from allmodern.com. I'm trying to keep everything uniform looking so it doesn't draw your attention away from the props. I've seen some displays on the Facebook page that shows off collections and there are some hideous displays. I don't understand why people spend all this money and energy on their props, but they don't pay any attention to their displays.

And the standee was deadstock, came new in box! I got lucky with that one. It sat in my closet for a year before I had space to put it together. I should probably take a better picture of it and add it into my post.

Great collection, you have got some very nice items, love the way you display all your props on the little acrylic stands really gives your display a more 3D look!
great use of space (I wish I had more space) awesome thanks for showing and will look forward to you adding to this in the future:)

New additions!

I had a Courtesan au Chocolat from the Grand Budapest Hotel made for me (I still need to add a doily):
IMG_2459.JPG

IMG_2460.JPG

IMG_2461.JPG

I picked up an 89 Batman cowl, cast from a screen used one. I'm having a display made, so this is just a temporary place. I also need to add black to the eyes:
IMG_2462.JPG

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2464.JPG

I will also add these 89 boots to the display. I'm slightly obsessed with Nikes that are used in films. The 89 boots were made with Nike Air Trainer IIIs as a base. I picked up a pair of vintage Air Trainers and had a cobbler make the boot part, and I still need to attach the boot spats. The spats are from a screen used mold, made by ReevzFX (thanks to @drftfan for getting me connected).

IMG_2465.JPG

IMG_2469.JPG

Last edited:

Great collection. Thanks for sharing. What a cool room to unwind in.

Also, I really like the drapes. They remind me of the carpet in the Overlook Hotel.

Great collection. Thanks for sharing. What a cool room to unwind in.

Also, I really like the drapes. They remind me of the carpet in the Overlook Hotel.

Thanks, I got really lucky with the place. And because I like to make things difficult I had the drapes made because I didn't like anything I saw off the shelf. I found the fabric at a fabric shop in downtown LA and had a seamstress make them. On the other side is a 200 sq foot patio which I'll eventually make into an outdoor screening area. It'll be the ultimate movie experience!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back