Galileo Restoration Update

Why not be able to come and see the restoration?
Charge $10.00 a head to help pay for the restoration. I would drive today from Virginia to see this.:facepalm

Curiousity killed the cat, you know. We are talking with several appropriate places now. However, IF you have serious connections with a venue for Galileo please PM me as we'd welcome assistance and fan support.

Curiousity killed the cat, you know. We are talking with several appropriate places now. However, IF you have serious connections with a venue for Galileo please PM me as we'd welcome assistance and fan support.

Well I do not have connections but I'll give it a go and see if it's
something they want to look into further.

I wonder if there'd be room here?

National Air and Space Museum Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center

WEB10979-2008_640.jpg

A local paper, the Two River Times, Monmouth Country NJ, wrote a great story. Enjoy.

News Story Feb 1 2013

"Mikaitis has found that the advantages of doing this type of work is “it doesn’t have to float, it doesn’t have to fly.”

After the resto she flys in our imaginations again.

This is really awesome how finally it's all coming together.

"The Galileo 7" was my father's favorite episode and we enjoyed watching
it together. Spock's first command!

Nice Story . . . and she will be done next month!!!

Can't wait to see her finished and restored to her former glory.

Thx for the updates; keep them coming! :)

EDIT: "The Galileo Seven" is also one of my very favorite episodes!

I heard back from "my" museum.
Sending PM with contact info.

Nice Story . . . and she will be done next month!!!

Can't wait to see her finished and restored to her former glory.

Thx for the updates; keep them coming! :)

EDIT: "The Galileo Seven" is also one of my very favorite episodes!

So awesome.....

[Shuttlecraft]
SPOCK: Galileo to Enterprise. Galileo to Enterprise, come in, please. Galileo to Enterprise. Come in, please.
(He ponders for a moment, then flicks the Fuel Jettison button)
SCOTT: Mister Spock!
(There's a jolt as two long plumes of flame streak out from the nacelles)
MEARS: What happened?
SCOTT: He jettisoned the fuel and ignited it.
BOMA: We need that fuel to maintain orbit. Are you out of your mind?
SPOCK: Perhaps, Mister Boma.
MCCOY: How long have we got now, Scotty?
SCOTT: The orbit'll start decaying as soon as the fuel's exhausted. Say six minutes.

[Bridge]
(The air is full of pointless status reports over the comm. when suddenly)
SULU: Captain, there's something there on screen, at Taurus Two.
(On the viewscreen, a long trail of yellow crosses the green of the planet)
KIRK: Sensors, a meteorite?
SULU: No. It's holding a lateral line. There it is again. Holding steady, Captain.
KIRK: A hundred and eighty degrees about, Mister Sulu. Lieutenant Uhura, contact transporter room. All beams ready. Full normal speed.

[Shuttlecraft] SCOTT: A distress signal? It's like sending up a flare. Mister Spock, that was a good gamble. Perhaps it was worth it.
SPOCK: No one out there to see it.
(The plume of flame fades out)
SCOTT: Orbit decaying, Mister Spock. Ten seconds to atmosphere.
MCCOY: It may be the last action you'll ever take, Mister Spock, but it was all human.
SPOCK: Totally illogical. There was no chance.
MCCOY: That's exactly what I mean.

I found another article (at least I don't think this one's been posted yet): The Fate of Star Trek's Galileo : The New Yorker

I live less than an hour from where the restoration is taking place. Not that I have a lot of money to contribute or anything but I wouldn't think twice about driving over and paying $20 just to say thank you to the men restoring it and shake their hands. Hell, I'll even show up with coffee.

I'm grateful that such an icon from my youth is finally getting the respect she deserves.

I'm only 2 hours away. I would gladly pay for even a few minutes glimpse, and a chance to show my 12 yr old something that I grew up loving.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back