Is the Roman's Empire Darth Maul saber most accurate?

Joker

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm thinking about buying a full length Darth Maul lightsaber but I haven't seen any with an accurate emitter except for the Roman Empire's lightsaber, is his the most accurate one? Thanks.

Anyone have any pix of a Zenkai?

I'm looking for one with an emitter like the one pictured below. Anyone make one like that or very similar to it?

maul-saber1.jpg

Zenkai i believe is his name.. His is the most accurate to date I believe.

Zenkai's would have been, but the machinist/he neglected to mill in the little "pockets" between the red and silver buttons. It was easy for me to fix because I have access to a shop, but left untouched, it's a GLARING error. Go with the RE.

Or you can wait for me to do my run. :D I've got measurements, unpublished archive photos, and am working on blueprints. I'll probably be doing this saber after I'm done with my current Anakin run, unless there's a huge public outcry for a particularly different saber.

Or you can wait for me to do my run. :D I've got measurements, unpublished archive photos, and am working on blueprints. I'll probably be doing this saber after I'm done with my current Anakin run, unless there's a huge public outcry for a particularly different saber.

Dude, if you do the DM, you might as well tweak a few odds and ends and run off a Plo Koon at the same time... :)

We need more affordable, accurate council sabers...just saying.

Oh, I agree completely. I just saw a Larbel council saber on eBay last night with a STARTING bid of $900! Believe me, I plan on having a complete council set for my collection, and I'm sure I'll make them all myself. Korbanth makes some really rockin' sabers too at good prices, but I don't know if he has or is planning any council sabers.

For an accurate lightsaber at a good price I can wait. When you do your run of Darth Maul sabers I wonder if someone will do a run of display cases.

Just curious, is the Master Replicas Darth Maul lightsaber accurate...except for the ends of the emitters?

Just curious, is the Master Replicas Darth Maul lightsaber accurate...except for the ends of the emitters?

Not really. The biggest problems with ALL the Maul saber out there is the silver knurled knob, and the thing that almost looks like a set screw in a washer next to the LEDs. The emitters are another thing as well. At least from what I remember when I was still into SW and Maul.

Also the emitter you see in that pic you posted above was CG'd into the shot. The hero saber does not have that emitter. You can verify this with any photos you can find from either SWC3 or any exhibit where the Maul hero (usually labeled DM-S 001 near the first o-ring on the saber) can be found.

Ryu

Not really. The biggest problems with ALL the Maul saber out there is the silver knurled knob, and the thing that almost looks like a set screw in a washer next to the LEDs. The emitters are another thing as well. At least from what I remember when I was still into SW and Maul.
Ryu

Yeah, the silver knurled knobs should have a radius on them, making it a kind of semi-dome in profile. The greeblie next to the LEDs really is just a domed hex machine screw in a washer. A lot of people don't want to believe that for some reason, but it really is true. I've seen it with my own eyes. And yeah, no one has totally nailed the emitters 100% correctly yet.

Also the emitter you see in that pic you posted above was CG'd into the shot. The hero saber does not have that emitter. You can verify this with any photos you can find from either SWC3 or any exhibit where the Maul hero (usually labeled DM-S 001 near the first o-ring on the saber) can be found.

Ryu

I haven't been able to find any photos of the Darth Maul lightsaber on exhibit, can someone point me in the right direction or maybe post some pix?

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back