Quidditch pads, were they found or custom?

RedTwoX

Sr Member
I know I'm getting to the Harry Potter scene a little late, but at least I've made it :lol I just wrapped up "...Half-blood Prince" and will knock out the last book over Christmas week. I'm also up to date on the films.

So, were the quidditch pads (forearms, knees, shins) found items or something custom made by the wardrobe department? If not found items, are there any found items that are close enough. I ran some Google searches and found instructions for making my own as well as some manufactured sporting goods that weren't too terribly far off.

I'm predominately a prop guy, and my only adventures in costuming consist of Halloween and the local Renaissance Fair. However, I know some folks who go to cons and events in costume, and it looks like it might be fun to join in.

Thanks in advance for any assistance :thumbsup

I know this is an old thread, but just for completeness, I think I can help answer this:

So, were the quidditch pads (forearms, knees, shins) found items or something custom made by the wardrobe department?

I found (what as clamed to be) an original invoice online a few years back for the very 1st quidditch pads. If this invoice is true, they were made by a company called "M.B.A.Costumes" based in London on behalf of another company called "Complete Fabrications Ltd", but sadly neither company seems to be in business anymore (I've checked the companies house website and a few other sources) :-(

Hey! I found some decent ones on eBay! Definitely not close to the originals, but as I was in a rush, I didn't have time to make any :)

IMG_1500.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

I agree with the old style cricket pads thought for the lower legs. The first thing that came to me when I saw a close up of the knee pads was," those look exactly like Polo knee pads." The main difference being that on Polo pads, the padded area over the knee is rounded and seemed to be more of an oval on the quidditch pad. You can find Polo pads easily enough, but they're not cheap.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back