John Wick (Post-release)

That was a fun movie. Heck, far better than I expected. Recommend it if you dig 80's action movies especially.

David

Just finished watching it. My biggest question is, how did Iosef not know who John Wick is? Being that he's such a legend and pretty much everybody in the criminal world knew who he was except the one guy who did the one thing that set him off. It's implied that he did work for Viggo and you would think the son of a crime boss trying to follow in his dad's footsteps would know these things. Heck, even the chop shop guy knew whose car it was.

Just finished watching it. My biggest question is, how did Iosef not know who John Wick is? Being that he's such a legend and pretty much everybody in the criminal world knew who he was except the one guy who did the one thing that set him off. It's implied that he did work for Viggo and you would think the son of a crime boss trying to follow in his dad's footsteps would know these things. Heck, even the chop shop guy knew whose car it was.

I didn't get a feel for how long he had been out of the game. Viggo said to him at one point "You got married. I got a kid" or something to that effect. So the son was either not even born when Wick worked for him or was so young he wouldn't have known who he was.

I doubt Viggo kept picture of Wick, so he probably didn't know his face, but if I remember right he knew the name. When Viggo tells him whose car he stole his face went pretty blank.

I didn't get a feel for how long he had been out of the game. Viggo said to him at one point "You got married. I got a kid" or something to that effect. So the son was either not even born when Wick worked for him or was so young he wouldn't have known who he was.

I doubt Viggo kept picture of Wick, so he probably didn't know his face, but if I remember right he knew the name. When Viggo tells him whose car he stole his face went pretty blank.

It was mentioned a few times that Wick was out of the game for 4-5 years. I think it would be safe to assume that Iosef would have been in his late teens when that happened.
I will have to watch it again to see his expression when he finds out whose car he stole.

I will have to watch it again to see his expression when he finds out whose car he stole.

I just watched it again... they don't show his face/expression when he says Wick... I get the impression he doesn't know him. Viggo says he was an associate.
His expression changes when Viggo tells him "He's the man you send to kill the ****ing boogeyman".

I'm probably going to watch it again... I liked it that much.

My DVD copy is in the mail. One of the few recent movies I have wanted to see. Even bought the Pay Day 2 expansion to get John Wick and his weapon set.

Watched it last night. Thought it was really good. I kind of kept hoping we would get some insight as to what exactly he used to be, but even without it I didn't feel let down. Good Flick.

What do you think, was he an ex-secret agent, ex-cop, ex-assassin, ex-hired muscle or what?

Watched it last night. Thought it was really good. I kind of kept hoping we would get some insight as to what exactly he used to be, but even without it I didn't feel let down. Good Flick.

What do you think, was he an ex-secret agent, ex-cop, ex-assassin, ex-hired muscle or what?

Definitely professionally trained and multilingual so I doubt he was some off the street hired gun. Wouldn't say ex-cop or secret agent either. I would guess someone privately trained, like a contractor.

I thought I read somewhere that he was an ex-marine or special forces or something. Maybe it was in a behind the scenes snippet?

Oh here's what I saw, I found it over at IMDB. "The Filmmakers took into account Keanu Reeves' Native Hawaiian ancestry for John Wick's tattoo. "Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat" (Fortune Favors the Bold) is the motto used by 3rd Battalion 3rd Marines based in Marine Corps base Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay. Suggesting that John Wick was once a U.S. Marine in Hawaii."

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back