My first build (deago ESB SS Falcon!)

group01.jpg

Looks like there is a notch in the side of the part, they either cut that into this MK part, or this isn't the part. It looks so close though that it's hard to think that it's not..
is this the undercut your talking about on the side?

I think I'll fill that hole with milliput and call it a day! Even if its not the "right" part it looks like it to me so-done! I mean its box with hole in top lol
it has to be though I mean the rounded edges and depth of the recess hole in the top and how it blends into the rounded corners is too perfect, I don't know what this kit part is supposed to be though, maybe its a common structural piece that is on other kits as well.. not sure..Think i'm gonna call i though and move on!

@ Lee, I saw you have a dark grey part on your build that looks like you sanded it down a bit on that top, what is that? maybe you found the right part?
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=259848

Last edited:
Rebuilt all the front mandible details with the P34 parts! Totally worth it, looks much better!

You can see the original DeAgo castings on the left and the updated kit parts on the right!
View attachment 691339

View attachment 691340

View attachment 691341

Wow! That looks incredible! I don't suppose that you mind breaking down the parts and showing how they connect as I know there are a few parts their. Did it/does it take more than one P34 kit to complete the mandible fronts?

Yeah you only get enough in one kit for one side, I have a second P34 that I will use for the other side which is uncut and still fresh, i'll post a pic of how it all fits together this evening.
I think you would need to buy about 5 or so p34 kits ( at least I hanvnt actually counted all the parts used on the SS model yet but its a F@#$TON) lol they use soooooo many of a couple of those parts. I'm actually sending all those p34 parts off to a guy (gluejunky) who does reAAAALLLY good castings to get them cast so I can quit buying this darn thing! As well as the parts from the almost impossible to find OT shinano kit... I'll let you all know when he gets the molds ready.

Here is how it all works out! Pay attention to the parts highlighted in Pink, the parts aren't symmetrical and need to be laid out in this manner to be accurate for the Port side mandible, also parts 1 and 5 are put one the opposite way on the starboard side, so on the starboard side 5 is on top and 1 is on bottom. MAN there is a lot of stuff like that to watch out for on this model haha, so fun to find all that stuff though!

p34MandibleFronts.jpg

Also Im really temped to use part 20 on that Sprue for the quad cannon ends! I compared it and its the right size, if you just cut them down the center on each axis and cut in the grooves I bet they would look great, AND have holes for barrels!

Here is how it all works out! Pay attention to the parts highlighted in Pink, the parts aren't symmetrical and need to be laid out in this manner to be accurate for the Port side mandible, also parts 1 and 5 are put one the opposite way on the starboard side, so on the starboard side 5 is on top and 1 is on bottom. MAN there is a lot of stuff like that to watch out for on this model haha, so fun to find all that stuff though!

View attachment 699400

Thank you so much for the tutorial. Now it all makes sense, but one final question. What did you use as the base to attach all these parts to? Did you sand down the original deago part then attach the P34 parts?

Yeah I used the DeAgo base piece since it houses the LED nicely. If I remember correctly the top and bottom parts just come off and the part across the front with the hole for the LED I just sanded down.

Cool, thanks so much, I assumed that you used the DeAgo piece, just wanted to make sure as I can't wait to make this upgrade myself. I have always preferred the 32" details for the mandible tips over the 5 footer's.

Seeing how some of these kit parts are used on different props like the Millennium Falcon, I am amazed at what they were able to produce with all of the different parts from the many different model kits.

Here is how that bay turned out with Morser Karl piece, used some Milliput to fill it up, feels right to me, happy with how it turned out. It was funny I had decided to scratch the hole piece here and was thinking I would just have to make a box and drill a hole in it because I would NEVER find this part, if it even was a part.. I thought for fun I would just look through my kits to see if I could find anything even close to it.. and like the second one I opened was the Morser, I was like NO WAY hahah I was pretty surprised to find that hanging out in there. Turned out I only had to scratch those 8 Rad chassis looking rails ( which I didnt get 100% right but moving on!) I actually found the square box at the top of that trench they make in a 222 kit, its not the right part I had to lift it a bit with a styrene riser but its was the perfect width so I just went with it.

IMG_0234.JPGIMG_0235.JPGIMG_0236.JPG

Incredible job guys!!!
Nice findings!

It has been done long time ago for the 5 footer.
Good to see that this it will be the same with the 32 incher!

Check out on page 8 where I show this same correction, that was done only a small wood chisel and some 320 sand paper, this plastic is pretty easy to shape and sand.
That's a sweet table router set up you have going on there!

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back