Gold Leader Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing

Thanks guys!

As far as the yellow stripe, that was something I definitely did not want to look like a separate piece snapped in.

So I had to glue it in (to keep it from moving and cracking any filler) and then filling the gap and sanding it down. I didn't get a prefect transition so some dark colors still pooled where the seam would be, but it is much better than leaving it as it was out of the box

It kind of sucked because that meant I couldn't paint it separately and then assemble it (unlike the L'eggs domes and grey parts on the front of the engine cans)

I used the yellow part as a guide to to create a paint mask before I glued it in and tried to color match the paint as best I could

One thing I would change is the grey part on the rear of the right engine. It came out too dark. it should not be as noticeable

Last edited:
Are there any other recommended changes to the parts for this kit?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

No changes required at all for the replacement guns, they literally just slot in where the old ones go. The fit is good enough you don't even need to glue them in as long as your not going to be zooming it around the room

He has some other upgrade kits like the tiger sprocket for Gold 2 aka Tiger Sprockets and the LEM part for Red Jammer. Those require a little bit of kit modification, but not too bad

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back