Back to Gus76's photo etched grill/fans.... Here's the semi weathered result....love them... I'm leaving them till all the engine bay parts come together for now! I was worried about matching the coils colour to the engine bay but got a fairly good match. I will do the grills that come with the Deago model when they arrive and show a side by side comparison...
8d9962e3783dbcb50452e60547a81c37_zpsqjje0pbw.jpg

f1d52a29dc91c3b8c64b8f662935add6_zpswssszjf1.jpg

Here's the top mandible in my typical making stage (left to right) ...that completes my parts up to 70....
(Picture 4 shows that adding a touch White Spirit to the rubbing off of the black lightens the base plastic to nicely to
a more studio Falcon kinda shade.....
c8fa61f05fc7b28186b3cba610935d45_zps1re3yztc.jpg

As always more details in weather/markings will be added when l get better studio reference.
8ecf2c50c69d20f7f63dacd1ddca3382_zpsdjmxyhlg.jpg

Last edited:
Your falcon is really coming along beautifully. The paint and weathering is masterful.

I like the vents and photo etched grills but wonder why everyone is jumping on the replacement train without seeing what DeAgostini's will look like (or did I miss that image, lol). I think I will wait and see what they offer before replacing. From what I hear they will be solid or "blind" but maybe the centers can be cut out easily???

Your falcon is really coming along beautifully. The paint and weathering is masterful.

I like the vents and photo etched grills but wonder why everyone is jumping on the replacement train without seeing what DeAgostini's will look like (or did I miss that image, lol). I think I will wait and see what they offer before replacing. From what I hear they will be solid or "blind" but maybe the centers can be cut out easily???
If the deagostini falcons is studio scale then there aren't vents

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

We shall see... Personally l love to see the fans, the details subtle from a distance or side view ... even if they did do them as good as Gus76s, I'll sell one or the other perhaps...
14916117ec8a5df99246d68285cb65ed_zpscemlyltj.jpg

Looking sweet!!!, mate. Couldn't help noticing ( from earlier post ), that you paint over the entire frame piece with the 'oil' paint right?, then rub off til desired effect is achieved ?. So , was just wondering seeings how you guys O/S are so far ahead. How many tubes of paint do you reckon you've gone through and will still need ,to complete this 'GEM'?. Cheers

Hi Gedmac66, yes if it's built up detailed greebies lve been tending to cover the lot & then rub off till the required shade & weather.. I'm still on my 1st tube (issue 70 to date) so it's worked out amazing value...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back