Bandai release schedule

Poe's xwing and alternate c3po kit pictured

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=275515

I freakin' love that exploded X-Wing display!
1273.jpg

We might indeed see a B-Wing and a TIE Interceptor soon, it's in line with Bandai's philosophy and marketing strategy regarding their SW kits. After the RotJ starfighters, perhaps they could move on and create proper kits of the vehicles from the prequel trilogy.

We might indeed see a B-Wing and a TIE Interceptor soon, it's in line with Bandai's philosophy and marketing strategy regarding their SW kits. After the RotJ starfighters, perhaps they could move on and create proper kits of the vehicles from the prequel trilogy.

B-Wing, Interceptor, Bomber, then Republic Gunship I would be a happy camper.

Chris

FINALLY! Now I can stop crying every time an RB26 A-wing sells for over $130 on eBay. Please, please bring us a B-wing too!

There's no way they do an A-Wing and not a B-Wing, so yeah for us!

I can soon move my AMT kits in the stash from the "Man, this is going to need a lot of modifications, do I really want to start this" pile to the "never build/kitbashing" pile.

Exactly how large or small were the turbolasers compared to the fighters?

They appear to be quite tiny in this display, However, I'm uncertain whether these towers would be the ones coming together with the A-wing or simply props made exclusively for the show.

I would imagine the "tower" would be a scaled-down version like in that display. A tower in 1/72 would have to be over a foot tall, minimum.

The bases aren't necessarily in scale with their respective kits, so the gun turrets probably aren't either. I assumed they are meant to represent the Death Star surface from a distance.

My only worry about an A-wing this small is the thickness of the bubble canopy. If it's too thick, it could obscure the cockpit and make the model toy-like. And unlike the other fighters or the Falcon, there isn't a "frame only" option.

As far as the other details, I'm looking forward to seeing how Bandai engineers the hull. If they stay true to form, the red and white sections will be separate, eliminating (I hope) that big seam between the top and bottom hull that was on the AMT kit.

Jeez, I hope the turbo laser isn't the size shown in the display (those are all a different color than the tile pieces for some reason--hopefully because they have nothing to do with them). Something that teeny-tiny would be useless to display with any of the 1/72 kits. An in-scale gun tower would be a fantastic addition to this line--I would hope that Bandai would be smart enough to release a bunch of Death Star tiles and elements separately anyway for people who want to build out a larger diorama.

My only worry about an A-wing this small is the thickness of the bubble canopy. If it's too thick, it could obscure the cockpit and make the model toy-like. And unlike the other fighters or the Falcon, there isn't a "frame only" option.

Well, I have Obi-Wan's fighter from Episode II made by FM and the canopy is not a problem at all.

-Kris

The Naboo Starfighter canopy for the 1/72 version is smaller than the canopy on the 1/72 A-wing I have and it has no problems.

Of course both are Fine Molds examples, but demonstrates it can be done

Although, the 1/72 Cosmo Falcon has a pretty good canopy without much distortion and it is a Bandai product
http://i.imgur.com/pVuxApL.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back