Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Stumbled across these pics online the other day...quite sad really seeing this [emoji26] ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448911630.423001.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1448911650.137128.jpg

Assume these were unused in the movie itself as the Pepsi Perfect logo placing is a lot further down?

Hello,
What I did was take a Dremel and sanded the inside of the The threads down to make them much lower and allow the top to sit down on the bottle lower and to adjust as you like . As you know the threads put a lot of pressure on the outside of the plastic cap and shows through . This is why I wanted to paint it as well as to make it more screen accurate.
You need to sand the entire area to be painted with 2000 grit sandpaper (if it has not been painted already or the old paint will need to be removed with rubbing alcohol or very light sanding . ) after all sanded, wipe down with rubbing alcohol before you paint .
I use a very good modelers paint from Testers which is a lacquer paint and bonds very well ,should hold up over the years. See pic:
I also applied my custom label very close to the bottom of the cap on the bottle which looks more screen accurate and not too low position as Pepsi place there's.
Then I use silver pinstriping from any auto parts store to trim the bottom of the cap.
Hope this helps, Thanks!

View attachment 557990

just had a go at mine with the dremel...took a fair bit of and no improvement

can you confirm you sand down even amounts all over the blue threads ? or maybe a pic if certain areas need more removal?

thanks

The way that bottle is cracked makes me think that is made of acrylic as Gary said about the original bottles (acrylic instead of petg plastic) and how he's making his replica bottles. So maybe we will have a perfect replica in terms of method used in their manufacturing thanks to him :)

just had a go at mine with the dremel...took a fair bit of and no improvement

can you confirm you sand down even amounts all over the blue threads ? or maybe a pic if certain areas need more removal?

thanks

Hi,
Yes you need to keep sanding down the threads until the cap will go all the way down to the bottle. Just sand them as even as possible and try it back and forth as you go so not too much plastic is removed. You can take it away, but not add it back. However it is well worth it to get the better look I think.
I'm about to work on a Argentina Pepsi bottle for a friend and will post some comparison pics when I have it done more screen accurate. I love the shorter bottle and look of the cap on the Argentina bottle much more, seems closer to the real thing.

I now have one of the UK/Mexico bottles. These aren't the greatest, and far from accurate, but I am still pleased to finally have it, and the fact that they came around around the 30th anniversary. I'm working on getting the other versions, but still going for crazy money, although I have seen a drop in prices in some cases.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back