Nike MAG replicas (V2 and V3 only)

ok .we will have holiday next week . so you still need to wait for it .

when all the sizes come out . I will let all of you know

It's great that you fixed the LED lights. They were too bright before, and look much better now.

But the EL was too dim before. The EL needed to be brighter. In these new pics, the EL looks the same, still too dim.

what brand/dye colour is it to slightly dye it like you've done?
looks good
00d766b6b9169c3702b2c6d544643b32.jpg

Here is the box if that helps.
This is just mixed in water and painted on as shown in my video. Because we have had 35 plus temp here, it was drying quite fast.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Dying this sole appear to make them brighter our at least that seems to be the case in the pictures that have been posted and how they look in person when I compare my dyed to my stock.

Dying of the soles acts as a colour filter. We see in just 3 Primary colour RED, GREEN and BLUE. The colour of the EL is CYAN which is half way between GREEN and BLUE. By dying the soles blue, we reduce the visible RED in the colour spectrum and as a result, the GREEN and BLUE end looks brighter.

1498fe735d5cc1065c81502d1ff29d36.jpg

For the Aussies. Look what Spotlight has in store.

They also have the Dylon range I used.

eaf053e4bd9e23b3de448426c81b9c3e.jpg

@cavx : is this fabric dye works for the long term ? Or this is more "temporary" (as it is made for fabrics) ?

I am going to suggest it is a short term thing. Don't see it coming off unless the shoes got wet. Now that it is 100% dry, it may never come off, but the yellowing sole underneath will change your perception of the colour over time.

Last edited:
I didn't buy it today, but I do think that the synthetic range will be best for this.

I got some Rit dye and imported some seaglow from the states, just waiting for @Jedifyfe to upload a how to

Put some of the cream in a container, add a a little dye to it and mix, repeat until you have the desired hue, apply to sole, let sit for about 40 mins, and then carefully wipe it off. Repeat if it's not blue enough. I would suggest doing the circle on the bottom as a test and maybe do two coats at 20 mins each to see how it does before doing the out sides. Break it up into sections and don't try to do it all at once. Bottom, inside, and then outside. Watch for drips when doing it so as not to get it on places it shouldn't go.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back