I don't even care about the text....over 800 photos of SW props immediately sucked me in. Just ordered it from Amazon UK for $41 shipped. :cool

Hate to break it to ya, but it's mostly artwork. Yes, the guy has quite a few props/models/costumes in his collection, but the majority of it is a LOT of art.

Hate to break it to ya, but it's mostly artwork. Yes, the guy has quite a few props/models/costumes in his collection, but the majority of it is a LOT of art.

Thanks for the heads up. I may go ahead and cancel then as only the props interest me and not the artwork.

For each of the 3 films it covers Concept art, Props, Costumes, Promotional art, Posters, merchandise, merchandise art, and prototypes.

It was well worth it for me with just 8 of those pages.

Ben

Which 8 pages are you referring to? After looking at that YouTube video posted on page 4 it looks like there are a lot of prop pics in this book and not just artwork, posters, etc. :cool

By my count (and it's just a quick, rough count, but relatively accurate within 1 or 2 pages), there are 415 pages in the book, of which about 110 of those pages have some sort of physical prop, costume, model, etc. Note that that's just raw page numbers- some stuff gets big two page spreads, some pages have multiple props per page, but you get the idea.

Still some pretty fantastic stuff, but don't expect all 400 pages to be props, there's plenty of original art, toys, and other stuff in there.

Exactly... I just counted 108 pages that have a prop, costume, or miniature. There are 16 occurrences of the same piece appearing on two pages and 10 occurrences of a piece having a 2-page spread. So there are NOT "800 photos of SW props."

Look, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying the book - I think it's well worth having - but I think a lot of people have the wrong idea about its contents.

Since the only things I'm really interested in are the Vader props, would somebody be able to scan the pages with his mask/helmet and full costume? If so it would be greatly appreciated. :cool

Got my copy today. It's mostly artwork, but some really cool original props too. I personally enjoyed the banged up stomtrooper blaster and Ponda Babas arm. The latter would make for a really neat prop project....

Since the only things I'm really interested in are the Vader props, would somebody be able to scan the pages with his mask/helmet and full costume? If so it would be greatly appreciated. :cool

The authors explicitly asked us not to scan the book in detail, some pics were already taken down because of this. Maybe someone can send them to you by PM and not post full size scan online.

OK, well if anyone wouldn't mind scanning or taking high quality pics of the pages with Vader's helmet and costume to PM me privately that would be greatly appreciated.

OK, well if anyone wouldn't mind scanning or taking high quality pics of the pages with Vader's helmet and costume to PM me privately that would be greatly appreciated.

Brent, just buy the book, you won't regret it. I know how much you spend on props, you need this book. :D

I got one from Amazon UK like others here for about $40. A great addition to any SW fan's book collection.

I just received my copy of the book. It's a very nice book but as others have said, only about 1/4 of the content is of original props. There's a lot of after movie artwork, toys, photos and other ephemera. Not so much a great prop reference but still a nice addition to any SW fan's library. And it cost less than $50 shipped from the UK.

Got mine recently, and i absolutely love it. Sure, the book features a lot of Star Wars history aside from the props, but it does it in a beautiful presentation. Large, crisp photos of a decent variety of props, artwork, even a few commercial products. Absolutely stunning. And there really are quite a nice variety of props/costumes peppered throughout the book. I'd have to say it's definitely one of the better Star Wars books I've ever come across.

As others have also experienced to an extent, my book arrived with some minor damage on the corners, despite being reasonably well packed. But it's minor enough to not bother me. It's amazing they were able to ship this very heavy book at such a low price. I can't ship something like this within the USA unless I pay double that for priority mail, etc. The matte finish black cover is also susceptible to some light surface imperfections and rubbing. In my opinion it's a must buy, if you happen to be a Star Wars fan.

Don't worry too much about not being able to read French, as the book really does speak mainly with photos. I love how they capitalized on the large format of the book with very large, beautiful photography.

Last edited:
Got my copy today. It's mostly artwork, but some really cool original props too. I personally enjoyed the banged up stomtrooper blaster and Ponda Babas arm. The latter would make for a really neat prop project....

Which one? Furry or flipper? Never gonna forgive Rogue One for screwing that up...

--Jonah

Which one? Furry or flipper? Never gonna forgive Rogue One for screwing that up...

--Jonah

The hairy "wolf man" type, it's the original prop from ANH, the one seen in this screenshot from the film:

ponda-baba-arm.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back