2016 SECRET SANTA THREAD - Entry now CLOSED

I just wanted to make sure you all new I received my gift and I absolutely love it. I am all for receiving star wars gifts and usually cant decide on what I want so it is awesome when I get something I haven't seen before. I receive a set of stacking mugs with an image of Vader, a Royal Guard, and a Stormtrooper. My wife also loves it as if you see in the pictures below (4th one down) I had something similar but were smaller mugs and definitely not SW related. She has been asking me to get rid of that set as the cups are to small but I liked the idea of them for some weird reason. So when I opened my packaged and had a great letter to go with it I immediately snapped the welds of the wire stand and placed the SW's cups in and threw out the others lol. The cups stand alone without the stand but with cats I thought it was best to have the extra protection :)

Thank you so much to my SS this was the perfect gift for me!

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

Hello Andrew,

I was your SS. This was my first time participating in this exchange this year, and i was hoping to get an HP fan cause I have access to a book making machine at my library for decent pricing, and have made myself a bit of a library of HP books. The books you received are a mix of ones posted by other members of the rpf freely, privately, and my conversion of a fan fiction book into a fully formatted textbook. I organized them into the formats needed for printing and had the books printed.

The letter is the first I've ever made, and was made using a template I found online modifed and personalized, and printed on linen paper, cut out and the seal was made using my Hogwarts wax seal stamper from the scribbulus storefront at diagon alley. (Stamped by my wife)

I wasn't sure how it would be received, but I am so glad that you like them, I've made very few copies of the paperback textbooks so they are a fairly rare . Enjoy :)

Finally opened mine! Amazing job to my secret santa! First thing I see in the top of my box is a letter addressed in the font of Harry Potters Hogwarts Acceptance letter but of course my name and address. I opened it and it was a 3 page note that I've been accepted to the school. VERY official! Even has the Hogwarts wax seal. Of couse I know I know I'm not really going but it felt cool because I wasn't expecting it so it felt a little real.
Below that letter was 5 text books!

-The Standard Book of Spells
-Magical Drafts and Potions
-A History of Magic
-Magical Theory
-Moste Potente Potions

They all appear to be fan made and very well done! Each packed with information. If these were made by my SS great job!

So without further ado.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161226/7cc84e20c8283c741501049dbd1eb32a.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161226/02ce64a06209ec329977a2a14d65af12.jpg

Great Job SS! Cannot wait for next years! This was my first one and it was excellent!

OK, guys, I finally got some pictures of my secret Santa gift(S)! Capital "S" because there was more than one. The first thing I would tell you is that I am humbled and grateful for such a wonderful surprise. Whoever gets my Santa next year is in for a treat. His effort was thoughtful, charitable and well endured. I have already thanked you sir, but thank-you again. It was a real treat! :)

OK, so I got this big box in the mail and a great letter that told me to open the gifts before I read it. Inside was a decorative shoe box and card-board tube. So, naturally I was drawn to the tube, first. (I should have opened it in the bathroom cause I just about crapped myself!)

A canvas print of the AVENGERS!!!!
IMG_20161229_155245796.jpg

I couldn't have expected anything so beautiful and it made a tremendous first impression. After drooling over the print for a few minutes at all the fantastic details I remembered the box. There were several things inside, each as thoughtful and wonderful as the next.

IMG_20161229_155504132.jpg

A 3D printed Tree of Gondor he printed himself
IMG_20161229_155518162.jpg

A 3D printed Tie Fighter also his print
IMG_20161229_155533899.jpg

A tin chewbacca that has a wind-up. I couldn't bring myself to open him yet.
IMG_20161229_155557536.jpg

And then I got one of those tiny metal sculptures you put together yourself of the TOS Enterprise. I always wanted one of these and I am beyond anxious to build it!
IMG_20161229_155544547.jpg

And there it is. Thank-you, again, Santa for such a wonderful and thoughtful gift! And thank-you, Michael, for hosting Secret Santa. therpf is my favorite site on the net, and I am always pleased by the people I meet and the projects people produce. Secret Santa here is special. This was my second time, and once again it was my favorite part of Christmas! I hope my recipient loves his SS gift as much as I love mine. Happy New Year, everyone!

Yes I posted a while ago that I received mine in two different posts I was just waiting to open it with my family, which we ending up opening late this year waiting for one of my sisters ha...that said here are my pics:

25699eba484cdd11de5c4aa21fe90af0.jpg

aca9e61d8ad2a3ed12149a9bb28a8379.jpg

532f065a5f55586228c86948bb545027.jpg

8ecf3a4cc571576aef78dc609e82759b.jpg

THANKS SS, I loved the gifts you don't know how hard it was to wait and open them[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] ...once I did I was stoked to see three different ones all show what theme they were totally awesome[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm glad you liked them Hang, I made the Griphendor bracelet. :)

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
Awesome thnx so much!!! It was decidedly one of my favorite things to open this year, the excitement alone was fun[emoji16] [emoji106]
Yes I posted a while ago that I received mine in two different posts I was just waiting to open it with my family, which we ending up opening late this year waiting for one of my sisters ha...that said here are my pics:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/25699eba484cdd11de5c4aa21fe90af0.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/aca9e61d8ad2a3ed12149a9bb28a8379.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/532f065a5f55586228c86948bb545027.jpg
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170101/8ecf3a4cc571576aef78dc609e82759b.jpg

THANKS SS, I loved the gifts you don't know how hard it was to wait and open them[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] ...once I did I was stoked to see three different ones all show what theme they were totally awesome[emoji16]

For various reasons not going to tip my hand here as to who my recipient was though he suss'd me out and sent this:

"In using my amazing detective skills I've come to the conclusion that you were my rescue Santa!

I received the gift last night and tore it open right away. I ****ing love it! You saved my SS experience this year!

Again thank you so much! Merry Christmas and Happy New year!"

Postapocalympic's gift is indeed on it's way. I hope he enjoys it. Not sure why all the pictures are uploading sideways.

I returned home today from my holiday travels to find my Secret Santa gift waiting for me.
IMG_7198.JPG IMG_7199.JPG IMG_7200.JPG IMG_7201.JPG

Inside was multiple gifts and a letter addressed to the Great Negan.

My secret Santa included a film for my viewing pleasure as well as "half of his food"
IMG_7204.JPG

A good luck charm to help me through out my adventures.
IMG_7202.JPG

He also included gifts for my "wives". Each one gets one sticker.
IMG_7205.JPG

An excellent copy of Negan's first appearance in The Walking Dead comic book.
IMG_7206.JPG

And the last gift marked "the most special" was truly a shock. In my original sign up post I mentioned that I collected replica antiques or items that appear to be antiques. Well my secret Santa took it quite literally and sent me this actual coin from 330 AD. A coin from the Constanine The Great era of the Roman Empire. I was truly taken aback and in shock. Hands down one of the coolest gifts I've ever received. Thank you so much Secret Santa!! Amazing gifts.

IMG_7207.JPG

-Ash

Yes, I posted several days ago. I think you liked my post!

Yes I posted a while ago that I received mine in two different posts I was just waiting to open it with my family, which we ending up opening late this year waiting for one of my sisters ha.

Missing things in my old age! :lol

List is updated.

PM sent to the last two I have yet to hear from!

Just to clarify again, no contact means I assume you got your gift. Also, it's always nice to post a thank you in the thread. :)

Gifts aren't considered "lost" until the end of this week. Postapocalympic being an exception this year due to my tardiness forwarding the address to his Santa. Sorry guys.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back