Skyrim Glass Armor [UPGRADING]

Re: Skyrim Glass Armor

That paint job is outstanding. It really looks like glass plates are embedded in the armor. Love it!

FunnyGif.gif
I clicked on this thread and this was my reaction. Excellent job!

Wow. Spectacular work! I'm also planning a Space Marine for next years ComicCon. You should definitely start a thread on it.
:thumbsup

That is insane. :thumbsup Unreal how much detail you stuffed into that build. Awesome. :thumbsup
Thank you ! Now I want to carve everything...

That's great! It's hard to believe this and others on here are foam!
Thank you ! Yeah, I'm always impressed by what some people can do with foam, and I hope I'll be able to reach their level one day.

Gorgeous build. Incredible that you did it so fast. Nice work.
I was really motivated for some reason. Thank you !

That paint job is outstanding. It really looks like glass plates are embedded in the armor. Love it!
Thank you so much !

Call me childish, but this made me lol
I even use this word in my native language (which isn't English...)

I clicked on this thread and this was my reaction. Excellent job!
You, sir, just made my day.

Wow. Spectacular work! I'm also planning a Space Marine for next years ComicCon. You should definitely start a thread on it.
:thumbsup
Thank you ! Which chapter ? As for me, I'm gonna be a Night Lord.

Re: Skyrim Glass Armor [COMPLETE]

Holy cow! Great job.
Thank you ! I'm currently working on something else (a Space Marine...), but the glass armor is going to get an upgrade around March or April: a real chainmail (it will take forever), eventually new weapons, a better paint job...

arborealkey I just started making some 4 in 1 chain mail for a Destiny Titan Iron Saga suit I'm building. After 100 rings and 45 minutes, I'm left with approximately a 4"x4" square. I told my wife I'm making a loin cloth, haha.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow! Amazing!
I've been playing Skyrim for a couple of years now, and wow... you nailed that. Awesome job

This is probably the best suit of armor I've seen outside of a major movie! Usually armor just doesn't fit quite right and the weathering looks almost nonexistent, but this is incredible, well done! :thumbsup

You have probably tried this already and it might not even work, but have you ever tried a sealing epoxy instead of wood glue to give it a smooth finish? It would require several coats to give a smooth finish due to how much it soaks in, but I think it might fill the details less than wood glue. You are clearly much better than me at making, but I thought I'd share in the hopes that it makes things easier and better for you if you haven't tried this already.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back