BTTF Marty Sunglasses

Something I noticed about the movie Back to the Future, after the amp launches Marty into a shelf, he takes off his glasses, and when the phone rings, he just tosses them aside like they are $2 costume shop glasses.
C'mon, man. Those glasses probably costs good money. Don't just throw them out.

Something I noticed about the movie Back to the Future, after the amp launches Marty into a shelf, he takes off his glasses, and when the phone rings, he just tosses them aside like they are $2 costume shop glasses.
C'mon, man. Those glasses probably costs good money. Don't just throw them out.

Yeah i won't be creating a reenactment of that scene with mine :lol

I scored this pair of Zeiss the other day: What do you guys think? Should I paint it? How though? Would there be a way to keep the model number on the back of the bar you think?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

I scored this pair of Zeiss the other day: What do you guys think? Should I paint it? How though? Would there be a way to keep the model number on the back of the bar you think?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/0JoAAOSwFdtXyCH7/s-l1600.jpg

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/z4sAAOSw8oFXyCIM/s-l1600.jpg

Nice find Emma. If you're going to paint and don't want to paint the bridge bar piece, clear nose pieces and black ear pieces, then I guess the best thing would be to cover them in tape. I use low tack 'frog tape' which is very good. You can buy it in B&Q in the UK or Robert Dyas, well pretty much any low tack masking tape really. Then give the frame a coat of Matt Black Rustoleum spray paint. Then peel of the tape. I guess you would have to paint the side silver bars.

image.jpeg

For the side silver bars, why don't your try and mask off the shape and then leave the original metal underneath. Sure, it'll be gold instead of silver, but the metal finish would probably be better than trying to add the silver bars by hand...

I have some reflective silver stickers that I thought I could use for the silver shapes on the side. However it's a bit hard to see, but the top bar and and ends are in dark brown and not black. Was mainly asking if there might be a way to save the model number as it's the correct one (I believe? Can't remember if it's 36 or 37). I had them for very cheap. The same glasses are on this German website for over €600 if I do remember...

I kinda suck at spray painting. I always end up applying more and.make a mess. Do you think that I could hand paint them with a model paint? Maybe like revell?

I have some reflective silver stickers that I thought I could use for the silver shapes on the side. However it's a bit hard to see, but the top bar and and ends are in dark brown and not black. Was mainly asking if there might be a way to save the model number as it's the correct one (I believe? Can't remember if it's 36 or 37). I had them for very cheap. The same glasses are on this German website for over €600 if I do remember...

I kinda suck at spray painting. I always end up applying more and.make a mess. Do you think that I could hand paint them with a model paint? Maybe like revell?

Just short bursts whilst moving the can from left to right. Rustoleum paint is very good! It's all about building up thin layers of paint and really I would say you would only need two or three light coats and they would be coated. Practice on a piece of cardboard. Try to keep the can upright when spraying, don't point downwards, as this can cause spluttering.

Believe it or not, I had these for 30 euros... So painting them wouldn't really decrease their value xD at least the value I got these for haha!!

Would you also get the mirrored lenses? If so, then you'd need to find a place that would be able to fit them for you, without scratching the frames up after painting.

i was just thinking a collector looking for that color would maybe pay good money so a nice profit , i just cant see painted ones being good enough

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back