Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (Post-release)

Re: Bay Turtles 2

I couldn't even make it through 15 minutes of the original craptasticness...I won't even give this one a chance.

Michael Bay, seriously one of, if not THE, most over rated directors I have ever seen. The movie was bad enough but putting Fox in it just flushed it straight down the toilet IMHO.

You do know that Michale Bay didn't direct the first one, right? He only produced it, not that it made that much of a difference but I'm just saying that it wasn't all his fault, part of the blame falls on the shoulder of the director; but he was probably chosen by Bay, but on the other hand, he probably did the best with what he had to work with and they obvsiously wanted it to look like a Michael Bay film.

What do you know... practical turtles on stage back from the better films on stage! #SoMissJimHenson

Well whatever marketing they are doing apparently works for the intended audience/age group

My 8 year old daughter keeps asking me to take her to see this movie, and she doesn't even like watching the ninja turtle cartoons or anything. Hell, I can't even get her to watch Teen Titans. (Although she does like Henry Danger)

I asked her why she wants to see it when she always asks to change the channel whenever any of the cartoons come on Nickelodeon. She says it looks kind of funny and interesting.

So the marketing campaign is at least doing its job in regards to 8 year olds :lol

I don't really have any specific love or hate for that matter to the franchise as a whole. I remember the comics back in the 80's but for the most part have never paid attention to the rest of the franchise since.

However, I have absolutely 0 interest in the Michael Bay TMMT series

I keep hoping she forgets about it, but every week she keeps asking if it is out yet. It's like dodging a proverbial bullet

Is it me or do the CGI turtles in this one look more cartoonish? In the first one they made them look halfway realistic but now it's like they gave up and it's just another cgi turtle cartoon with some live action in it. At least whoever wrote this one is listening to fans and putting stuff from the old school cartoon in it, wish they'd do that with transformers.

plan to try an experiment next week. Go to one of those automated ticket theaters. pay for one movie, go into bay turtles instead. that way, I can still see how bad it is, and not give it any of my money. Maybe I'll buy a ticket for the secret life of dogs and give that my money twice ;o).

we'll do the same for feigbusters when it comes out ;o).

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/teenage_mutant_ninja_turtles_out_of_the_shadows/

Ouch. I guess the embargo lifted.

Seems like these platinum dune idiots know nothing about the tmnt, care nothing about the tmnt, and clearly are putting NO EFFORT into making this a franchise that could rival batman if done right.

and sadly, i bet this will go on to make almost half as much as the first one.

if you must see this, pay to see something else to get in, go see turltes. don't give it your money.

so, did anyone brave this mess today?

supposedly this movies ***** joke is bebop and rocksteady looking down their pants after they get mutated..

sigh...

so, did anyone brave this mess today?

supposedly this movies ***** joke is bebop and rocksteady looking down their pants after they get mutated..

sigh...

I did. I will say I thought the river scene was well rendered, particularly when Raphael gets to shore. There is that joke with Bebop and Rocksteady. I had to keep remembering this is a Nickelodeon movie geared towards kids, but with jokes like that, I wonder.

The masking of toe thumbs and Professor Klump made the movie interesting.

just saw this and I liked it?? Like it was a solid fun movie, and I went in with hate in my heart lol. Movie was just 100x better than the 1st iterations from that studio.

CGI was perfect in some scenes and action was solid. I've learned to accept that this is the current iteration of the turtles, just is what it is... I'd see it again.

also, did anyone catch that Reference to "Arrested Developments" Chicken Dance in the beginning? lol!

I already got my perfect Ninja Turtles movie in the 90s, anything after that is trivial for me.
Same here exactly. The franchise isn't exactly a stranger to mediocrity. I went in OOTS with ground-level expectations and really enjoyed it.

You could tell Dave Green was really hamstrung by creative decisions from the first movie. Most of the new bits were pretty faithful to the Fred Wolf source material. Krang, Beebop/Rocksteady, the Technodrome... nailed them all. Casey Jones was a bit of a let down, but the mask looked way better in motion than in the set photos.

This movie is what Secret of the Ooze should have been. :lol

I already got my perfect Ninja Turtles movie in the 90s, anything after that is trivial for me.

yeah..I can see that logic.

For me, at least the 90s movies felt like turtles movies. even part 3 to some extent. and part 3 was b rave enough not to use shredder as a main villain, so i'll give them credit for that.

part 2 is a perfect toon conversion, right up to where vanilla ice comes in and ruins it all. and even that I might have stomached, up until the part where the turtles do a perfectly choreographed dance number ;o). that was a little much.

the problem with these new movies is they have no soul. they are done by people who don't get or don't care about the franchise.

If Robot Chicken where smart, they'd do a parody video of michael bay asking bebop and rocksteady to loose weight before the performance. sadly this ass is now forever associated with tmnt. and so is that no talent meghan fox, who gets out acted by any inanimate object in the scene with her.

So, I saw this thing yesterday out of boredom. I blame MST3K for my love of being able to sit through bad movies.

Anyway, what to say aboutthis mess?

- The Knicks Scene at the start. I get the meaning behind it, but the entire thing felt like someone CEO wanted to meet some knick players and they put them in the movie. could have been some random made up team and the point would have gotten across just fine.

- The turtles voices are STILL too cookie cutter. only one you can really easily tell apart is raph, and that's because he's doing the stereo cutter tough guy voice.

- The Turtles designs are STILL ugly..and somehow they look worse in the sequel. more money to the effects, perhaps?

- Karai. WTF is she even doing IN these movies? never mentioned by name that I can recall. has no backstory. no new audience knows she's shredders kid. and she barely has anything to do or anything to say.

- you have to remind yourself this is a soft reboot. everyone knows who shredder is. no one calls him oruko saki.

- Why is baxter working with the foot? movie went by so fast I couldn't tell...

- Meghan Fox still sucks. I never liked her before, but her telling the fans to F off continues that resentment. no class

- humans have animal dna in them . theirs was a warthog and a rhino. wut wut wut? also, if you're going to make the mutagen more complicated, at LEAST call it anti mutagen.

- Why all the swearing in this movie? is 4 letter S bombs common in kids movies now? and Bebop and Rocksteady checking out their member after being mutated? WTF?

- April Oneil in a school girl outfit. come on. even 80s april wouldn't stoop that low to get a story.

- The new turtle van has room enough to fit 4 7 foot tall turtles, one punching bag AND one fully loaded Crush Soda Vendor I see.

- the Dialogue is so terrible that the actors can't even be bothered to deliver it naturally. that police chief for one had problems with her exposition.

- the Foot are finally ninja. But wha'ts the point if all they do is back flips and plant explosives? where are the swords, the manriki gusari's, the bolo whips, the sais?
Oh, that's right. don't want to offend that chinese government you're so desperate to please. These foot are so whimpy, even Vernon can take one out with ease!

- For a movie called ninja turtles, there is NO ninja-ing! One of the turtles does a back flip, leo does a small training session while arguing with Raph...and ...that's about it.
Mikey brandishes his chucks to remind you they are there in one shot. don flies a damaged plane with a....bo staff.....Raph uses his sai's to stab krang at the end..I think...but other than that? The effects are finally there to do cool ninja stuff and we get stuff the animated show can pull off with ease. the 2D animated show.

- The Technodrome and Krang's android are a jumbled mess of non design design that is common in any movie made in the last 8 years or so. NO ONE knows how to do interesting character design anymore...or hollywood tells them to avoid it for whatever reason.

-April STILL has a crap load of screen time. Meghan Fox can't act. she can't emote. or if she does, it's there and it's gone. she's so unlikable a person that it comes off on screen in any character she plays. if you are going to give april more screen time, make it an actress who can make the character likeable so we'd WANT to see her on screen more. not just some souless card board cut out of a person on screen.

I am going to hate myself saying this, since I HATE what this franchise has turned into since it got bought (souless, except for IDW)....but...things I actually LIKED

- Amell as Casey jones was a high point. he turned out fine just like i thought, even if he wasn't given much to work with.
-Brad Garret didn't sound toooo much like brad garret always sounds in his voice rolls. although there where times where he lapsed back into it.
- The turtles where better written this time. it felt like someone at nickelodean knew the first one was a dumpster fire, and stepped in to monitor it more closely.
- The Turtles working with the cops was a nice touch.
- the guy playing shredder would have been awesome in a REAL ninja turtles movie, but he wasn't bad here considering what he had to work with.
- they dialed back splinters ugliness just a tad, which was welcome.

All in all, it wasn't AS horrible as I thought it was going to be, considering that I almost fell asleep and walked out of the first movie due to boredom. if this one where to show up on TV again, I wouldn't pass by it out of disgust, but I won't be buying any merchandise to support it either.

All in all, i'd probably rank this just below turtles 3 as worst turtle movie ever.. with bay turtles 1 being the absolute worse.
My favorites are as follows. 1990 - 2007 - 1991- 1993, shadows, and, if I HAD to include it at all, because it doesn't really count in my eyes, the first one. ugh.

it doesn't look like this movie is doing too good. I think it only made $20 million this weekend, and 30 million last weekend.

I'd like to think it was because people are FINALLY getting tired of vapid michael bay and meghan fox movies, or they jsut got burned by the horribleness of the first one.

but somehow i doubt it.

well, that looks like it for Bay Turtles two.

If that's the last ninja turtles movie we ever get, and the kind of quality qw can expect from paramount, I'm perfectly willing to let the property die off as one of it's biggest fans.
Better to let it die with at least SOME dignity than let it be run through the mud.

they started caring too late in the game.

tmntheadline.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back