The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

It seems to me that if the quarry was keeping them safe, they should do everything they can to keep using the quarry. Your telling me they couldn't reinforce the barriers and build a new barrier further behind the truck. Or even knock down the rest of the cliff road that collapsed making it impassable. If it's a quarry, then there's probably bulldozers and digging equipment around. Use those to build barriers and then start pushing dirt into the quarry to burry them, although noise might be a problem. It also appears to me that someone put those trucks there on purpose in the first place. Who? The Wolves I'm guessing....

I was thinking the exact same thing... That quarry was an awesome zombie blocker. I would have built a wall around it and made it like a roach motel... zombies check in but they don't check out. That thing about hydration sounds logical too. If they don't drink water, they would eventually whither to nothing and die anyway. Zombies aren't immortal... sure they are easy to kill but they are still faced with the same limitations that humans are. If they don't eat, they will die on their own! Just because the virus reanimates dead tissue, doesn't mean that the tissue doesn't require the basic nutrients to continue to function.

It also appears to me that someone put those trucks there on purpose in the first place. Who? The Wolves I'm guessing....

Didn't they say some people were using it as a camp early on and they blocked it off (not realizing walkers can slide down a hill)?

I'm surprised no one has put two and two together? Hmm. This is my thought, and I'll just leave this picture right here....

Attachments

• 300px-Gabriel's_Horn_of_Truth.jpg
    300px-Gabriel's_Horn_of_Truth.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 101
Well since most people have the Gabriel as the horn blower. I don't think the picture is a shocker. If the show comes on and Henry Rollins is standing there playing the kazoo. Then damn..game on! Only down side, it's more n more flash back episodes to update the present story.

Didn't they say some people were using it as a camp early on and they blocked it off (not realizing walkers can slide down a hill)?

That is correct. The camp put the trucks in place to keep walkers out. Once they all turned somehow, it kept them in.

Well since most people have the Gabriel as the horn blower. I don't think the picture is a shocker. If the show comes on and Henry Rollins is standing there playing the kazoo. Then damn..game on! Only down side, it's more n more flash back episodes to update the present story.

I still say it's the Wolves. In the comic, something very similar happens when an outside group shows up at the gates. IIRC, the conversation goes something like "Little pigs, little pigs, let us in."

Well that would be Henry Rollins ( wolves leader inspiration for the comics) team then.

I'm stil going with the kid / possible spy for the wolves. Solo has a great one too with the sniper hit. Anyway you look at it unless a total shocker. The horn belongs to the wolves or crazy priest.

i always picked on the mullet. But I must say he is growing on me with his snappy one liners. His comment on heats hair was great.

I'd be surprised if it's Gabriel. The guy tries to preserve himself above all others. He may be smarmy, but he doesn't strike me as someone with a death wish. Quite the contrary. He's a sniveling coward who'll sell anyone out if it'll save him. But bringing the horde on runs rather counter to that goal.

Well that would be Henry Rollins ( wolves leader inspiration for the comics) team then.

I'm stil going with the kid / possible spy for the wolves. Solo has a great one too with the sniper hit. Anyway you look at it unless a total shocker. The horn belongs to the wolves or crazy priest.

i always picked on the mullet. But I must say he is growing on me with his snappy one liners. His comment on heats hair was great.

If it goes the way I think it will go, snipers will definitely play a part.

And yes, that was one of the greatest lines ever. How did it go? "I respect the hair game."?

May have ID'd a 'close-enough' Morgan staff...

http://www.amazon.com/Brazos-Twiste...sr=8-2&keywords=brazos+walking+sticks+twisted

Been looking for a few days for martial arts jo's & bo's, til a friend mentioned walking sticks. Searching for twisted walking staffs brought this up.

Based on Lennie James' height, the length seems right. Removing the rubber foot may require an inch or so to be removed from the end, but we'll see. I'm in need of a good hiking stick, so this one should be here by Monday.

It needs to be said, I think there are a couple of different staffs being used. In last season's scenes with Morgan, you could see a leather strap through the top, much like this one. It's not been visible in the season finale or this season's premiere. Then again, it does look like there's no real 'right' way up or down, since it looks to be the same diameter except for the twist. It's hard for me to tell in the pictures, but the Brazos stick doesn't look like it has too much of a taper, but again. we'll see.:confused

When we discuss zombies we talk about things like sight, hearing, smell.
However, we never discuss hydration. Zombies cant drink, therefore they are going to dry up and become useless, and pretty darn quickly. It doesn't matter if they respirate, if their nervous system works, if they can see or hear. Unless they can hydrate, their bodies will mummify, assuming they still have muscle function. There isn't a disease that can make them anhydrobiotic, therefore that alone will stop them and stop them quickly. Sure they can eat some people, but even if they ate fairly regularly they'll still dehydrate.
That and insects will begin to eat them pretty much immediately once they have died, if they are in area where flies and such exist......like most everywhere.

well, zombies make perfectly sense anyway, just shoot them with your unlimited ammo shotgun like Herschel did :p
i enjoy watching walking dead and other zombie movies/series but i dont take it to serious and dont think much about if it might be possible. but that goes for other style movies/series the same.

my fist thought on the horn blower was the kid of ricks new love interest. you know teenage logic you kill my dad you want my mom lets see you live through this sucker.

Thing is, No one in Alexandria knows that the walkers are loose. As far as they know, the group was just out doing a 'dry run' for the op the next day. I believe the horn is just a huge bit of bad luck. Seems to be the way things go- Everything goes to plan...til the last 2 minutes of the episode.:facepalm

I got a feeling it's someone who is dead that fell on the horn. No one in their right mind could just sit there and hold the horn down that long without it giving them a headache or unless they were up to no good. But then you've got Occum's Razor that states the simplest answer is usually correct. I guess we'll find out this coming Sunday night!

I got a feeling it's someone who is dead that fell on the horn. No one in their right mind could just sit there and hold the horn down that long without it giving them a headache or unless they were up to no good. But then you've got Occum's Razor that states the simplest answer is usually correct. I guess we'll find out this coming Sunday night!

Plus, there's a reason no one can get to the horn to stop it.

I like re-watching an episode to catch things I may have missed the first time around and to pick up on little queues early in the episode that hint at things to come.

Overall I felt it was a fantastic season premier. I liked the flashback format, the pacing and the switch between b&w and color. The b&w segments even made it feel a little like the comics. They showed all of S1 in b&w and it was cool.

Some other comments in no particular order:
- Liked the interaction between Morgan and Carol. I do not believe that Morgan has any ill will to the group or ulterior motives, but it will be interesting to see how Carol interprets Morgan's observations and how she then acts upon them. Will she try to be more subversive in how she behaves or will she confront him? I don't think she could get away with pulling a knife on him or threating to tie him to a tree.

- Soon as Carter told Rick he was right and shook his hand, I knew he was dead. Liked the actor and how excited he was to be a part of the cast. Interesting comments on Talking Dead about how Carter was written as a Rick like character ... if Rick would have been safe in Alexandria rather than out in the world. Morgan even said to Rick on the porch that Carter was the Rick he knew.

- Why didn't Glen and Heath slowly back away from the building as they are picking off walkers? They had plenty of open parking lot to move back and not allow the walkers to get on top of them while they reloaded. The writers should know better about creating this false tension for the main cast that knows how to survive in this world. The stupid character decisions should be left to the A-towners and FTWD cast.

- Eugene and his comments are great.

- Where were Aaron and Eric? I didn't even see them in the background of the meeting.

- The final overhead shot of the walkers breaking of the road and heading through the woods looked amazing.

- I'm leaning toward the wolves at the gate theory as the origin of the horn blast.

Gator

- Where were Aaron and Eric? I didn't even see them in the background of the meeting.

Gator

They were there, but it was a "blink and you'll miss 'em" moment. Like, you could've checked your phone to see what time it is, and by the time you looked up, they were out of frame and never seen again.

my fist thought on the horn blower was the kid of ricks new love interest. you know teenage logic you kill my dad you want my mom lets see you live through this sucker.

My Dad thought the same thing. My hypothesis on why it couldn't be the kid: Why would the kid do something that would knowingly put his mother and his brother in danger, or possibly kill them? I don't care how much of the whole "teen logic, you killed my dad, you want my mom" thing you try to apply to it, any teenager, even if they hate their parents, would have enough common sense to not put their family in danger (if he did hate his mom, he wouldn't put his little brother in danger, for sure). I could be wrong though.

That's what I said while watching the Talking Dead. Even if Ron hates Rick, he still wouldn't put his mom and little brother in danger. So that wouldn't make sense.

I figure ron thinks that there safe behind the wall while rick and the others are stuck in the woods surrounded by the dead . but it is probably the wolves or worse a crazy accident where a walker got his neck caught in a truck horn or something like that just. wait no I know it is

THE GOVERNOR shut up I can dream

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back