A Fools Errand? 3D Printed Blade Runner Blaster

Sorry for the delay. As requested the internal workings of the hammer. Please excuse the image quality. My HTC One M7 is in dire need of replacement.

IMAG1560.jpg

IMAG1562.jpg

On other fronts, instead of just ditching the original which by my calculations was too small I decided to turn it into a snub nose revolver.

IMAG1568.jpg

IMAG1566.jpg

IMAG1565.jpg

IMAG1564.jpg

Hope you guys like them. Lots of finishing work left to do. All comments and criticisms welcome. Thanks for looking!

A snub-nose PKD: very clever. Rick Ross has made some of those as well.

I just researched his versions. Inspiring work to be sure! It'll take me many moons to achieve those kinds of results.

Also, I just discovered your site Mike. Very cool stuff!

Very good job on that BR Blaster mate! Snubs were also made by DaveG on Propsummit.com (as well as Rick Ross, mentioned by Mike;))

I knew I was forgetting someone, but I couldn't remember his name. He's Goldberg Arms, right? I should have just checked my files.

I solute your adventure into this build. Iv'e spent a long time learning what you've researched In a short amount of time, and then made it a reality. my first purchase of a printed object left me with regret. but it was the creators lack of research that was the problem. and I was to trusting.

Your build shows me It can be done properly. bravo...:thumbsup

I've been on hiatus working on other 3D printed projects but am now getting back to the PKD. Does anyone have a list of all the screws incorporated in the blaster? I've been searching and have not had much luck. Thanks in advance for any help!

1384712220810.jpg1391799798754.jpg
Close as I can get to a list. i'm having to sort through these myself right now..

$_57 (3).JPG

Attachments

• 1384842133473.jpg
    1384842133473.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 116
Quick update and a major thank you; I've been busy making a discovery or two thanks to an awesome member of the board. I am truly moved by this community and the generous nature of it's members.

Last Wednesday I received a pair of amber resin Coyle grips for the PKD sent to me by sean. He sent them to me out of the kindness of his heart and I cannot thank him enough. There is no way that I could have completed this build without them and frankly I was going to just use 3d printed versions because of my non existent budget. Thanks to sean that's no longer the case.

Behold these masterpieces donated by my selfless board mate.

IMAG1656.jpg

Sooooooo. After having received these I realized that the original print was not under scaled, therefore, the second print which I've just about finished was way over scale. I don't know why I doubted the first attempt but it really did look small to my eye. Anyhow, the grip fit the original frame perfectly the holes lined up and the profile is spot on.

Now that I have a physical part of the PKD I'm going to make a third print that will be the final and most exactly scaled version. I guess the larger one could be considered the BFG of the Blade Runner universe.

So stoked to have these beautiful grips! Once again thanks sean!

Quick update and a major thank you; I've been busy making a discovery or two thanks to an awesome member of the board. I am truly moved by this community and the generous nature of it's members.

Last Wednesday I received a pair of amber resin Coyle grips for the PKD sent to me by sean. He sent them to me out of the kindness of his heart and I cannot thank him enough. There is no way that I could have completed this build without them and frankly I was going to just use 3d printed versions because of my non existent budget. Thanks to sean that's no longer the case.

Behold these masterpieces donated by my selfless board mate.

View attachment 500632

Sooooooo. After having received these I realized that the original print was not under scaled, therefore, the second print which I've just about finished was way over scale. I don't know why I doubted the first attempt but it really did look small to my eye. Anyhow, the grip fit the original frame perfectly the holes lined up and the profile is spot on.

Now that I have a physical part of the PKD I'm going to make a third print that will be the final and most exactly scaled version. I guess the larger one could be considered the BFG of the Blade Runner universe.

So stoked to have these beautiful grips! Once again thanks sean!

Your welcome man. hard to tell from the pic. but you may want to give your cylinder thumb release a pinch more room. looks kinda boxed In on the snub...

Your welcome man. hard to tell from the pic. but you may want to give your cylinder thumb release a pinch more room. looks kinda boxed In on the snub...
Good eye. I completely agree and will make the adjustments.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back