VIDEO: Mark Hamill gave ANH Stormtrooper helmet to Amy Carter in 1977

blewis17

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Could be old news, but I've not seen it posted before. It's new to me. Props and costumes end up in the strangest places (just ask Gus Lopez)

In this 1977 interview on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Hamill talks about the popularity of "Star Wars" as it was then known. The interesting part to me starts at the 2:07 point.

So now we know where one of the original SW helmets ended up. I couldn't tell if Hamill is saying they SHOWED a ST bucket to Amy while they were visiting the White House, or if the GAVE her one to keep?! I'd go for the latter.... at that time, there was no reason for LF to keep the bucket, and giving one to the President's daughter would be seen as an amazing gesture.

...wonder if Amy Carter still has the bucket? Can you imagine how much it would be worth?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: VIDEO: Mark Hamill gave ANH Stortrooper helmet to Amy Carter in 1977

Yeh I watched this not too long ago and thought the same thing. Maybe she still has it. My guess would be that she would, but who knows?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Boy I miss those days when the host would shut up and let the guest just talk. You'd never get this much information today!

No doubt. Watching this (by today's standards) I couldn't believe Johnny wasn't interrupting him every three seconds! And he actually let Mark tell the entire story! Conan and the rest of today's hacks would never shut up long enough for that story to be told.

AmyCarter.jpg

Lukes helmet is in that French blokes collection.
Ben

I thought he had Hans helmet. From what I remember hearing was that Mark kept his hero helmet.

In the video he said they gave her "a helmet" not necessarily his helmet.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back