Star Trek Enterprise era Hypospray

renaissance_man

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
My love of Star Trek medical props isn't limited to the TNG-VOY era.
A few years ago I made and offered up kits of the Phlox's oval medical scanner along with his Osmotic Eel.

Phloxfinished1_zps06367094.jpg

Phloxscannerdisplay_zps226f4b89.jpg

OsmoticEels_zpsa4f6df77.jpg

To help round out and eventually make a full set of ENT era medical props I've got the Retinal Imager 75% complete
PhloxRetinalscanner_zpsf2d39188.jpg

Just need to install electronics LEDs in the top hood section (not pictured) and threading the wires down into the main body.

I'm trying to get the Hypospray finished, which I started a few years ago and has sat in the "to do" box for too long.
Star Trek Enterprise needs some love!

ENT%20HYPO%20VIEW%202_zpsvuqxeyzu.jpg

ENT%20HYPO_zpsel6vwcvr.jpg

A few years ago I was looking at making this prop by using laser cut parts, but I have shifted into having the parts for the main body and underside 3D printed from a model I rendered using measurements from a screenused piece.

ent%20hypo%20prop%201_zpst9f12lam.jpg

I'm also working on Phlox's biomonitor but that will be shown in a separate thread!

Last edited:
Finally finished this.

3D modelled in Solidworks with measurements provided by our own @EWilliams some time ago then I had the main body and under side access panel 3D printed in nylon through Shapeways. After a good bit of clean up I was able to paint this with an automotive silver (Halfords Aluminium) and gave it a semi-gloss coat to protect the silver and make it pop a little with Mr Hobby Semi Gloss. Then I picked out the black details with a standard automotive matt black (Halfords Matt Black).
The plan was to work in a mechanism to retract the acrylic rods when one of the side buttons is pressed but this has been sat in a box for so long I wanted to get it finished so I abandoned the mechanism, glued down the underside panel and opted to have it a semi-hero model by having the screw at the back be functional and allow for the change of the medicinal rods.

I bought coloured acrylic rods from e-bay that were 9.5mm in diameter and then drew up some basic dimensions for the metal caps and had someone turn them in aluminium for me. I asked for a small nub to be left on the non-exposed end so that it would provide a key to get a better grip with the glue when I attached it to the acrylic rod, which had a small recess dremelled out with a diamond coated deburring bit.

Enterprise-Hypospray-collage-1.jpg

Enterprise-Hypospray-collage-2.jpg

Enterprise-Hypospray-collage-3.jpg

Enterprise-Medical-Prop-Collection-1.jpg

You can see a short video of the hypospray in action on my Youtube channel, through the link below.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back