Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

What's bad is you really have to look and then go, "Oh yeah..." It's not like night and day difference in size. You should be able to take one look and go, "Ah yes. THAT'S a warrior princess" and not comparing to the actress' last film physique.

Yeah, not saying she can't kick ass or isn't strong. Just saying her trainers should have focused on the pumped look of a bodybuilder instead of a strongman (woman?)physique.

This won't make or break me watching the film of course. I have other things to worry about. Like how I can't get this image out of my head:
the-new-batman-logo-fat.jpg

I gotta disagree. Being Israeli, she has spent time in the IDF, and she did all her own stunts in the F&F franchise.

Gal ain't exactly a shrinking violet.

Being in the IDF is no real indicator of physical fitness except to say that she's not totally out of shape. To the best of my knowledge, the IDF doesn't have any extreme physical fitness standards or an extremely difficult boot camp, they are a conscript army after all. Now if you tell that me that she's in some sort of elite IDF unit like the Israeli equivalent of the Rangers, or Marine (Force) Recon or even Army Airborne then that would be saying something.

This won't make or break me watching the film of course. I have other things to worry about. Like how I can't get this image out of my head:
View attachment 354695

I am vengance! I am the night! I AM FATMAN!!!

That would make a good caption contest photo.
Xena: "Really?! Is THAT all you gotta offer for a warrior princess?? Still needs a sandwich…" SCNR :lol

Marvel's confidence in their vision repeatedly pays off.
DC really missed an opportunity by not at least considering Jaimie.
The words Vision, DC and WB don't run…

Last edited:
I got kind of pumped after seeing all the news from Comic Con - so I made this little video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being in the IDF is no real indicator of physical fitness except to say that she's not totally out of shape. To the best of my knowledge, the IDF doesn't have any extreme physical fitness standards or an extremely difficult boot camp, they are a conscript army after all. Now if you tell that me that she's in some sort of elite IDF unit like the Israeli equivalent of the Rangers, or Marine (Force) Recon or even Army Airborne then that would be saying something.

Actually, she was a fitness instructor, if memory serves...

The big issue I see with Batman v Superman is that Snyder & Co. didn't give this new movie Superman the innate moral code and that overall "do gooder" vibe Superman needs to have. Supes not having that takes away the biggest edge Batman had (and a very core principle behind Superman). Superman wouldn't kill him or maim him and Bats' smarts and 'shadier' tactics gave him something to combat Supe's brute strength.

I'm still amazed that Snyder got the Superman character so wrong.

QFE, this movie will need some serious exposition in the opening if we are to believe that Superman is not a killer. After what we saw in Man Of Steel, I would expect him to destroy Batman in the first 5 minutes of the film. Zak kind of screwed the pooch on that one. I mean, to be fair, Superman DOES kill Zod canonically, but it was the portrayal of the whole character that made the difference darker. And I get that there was a lot of effort put into developing his "struggle", which I thought was interesting and even fairly well-told, but not necessary for this character. Humanizing Superman too much is not advisable.
The MOS depiction just does not embody Truth, Justice and the American Way.

QFE, this movie will need some serious exposition in the opening if we are to believe that Superman is not a killer. After what we saw in Man Of Steel, I would expect him to destroy Batman in the first 5 minutes of the film. Zak kind of screwed the pooch on that one. I mean, to be fair, Superman DOES kill Zod canonically, but it was the portrayal of the whole character that made the difference darker. And I get that there was a lot of effort put into developing his "struggle", which I thought was interesting and even fairly well-told, but not necessary for this character. Humanizing Superman too much is not advisable.
The MOS depiction just does not embody Truth, Justice and the American Way.
While I agree with most of your comment.... I think that's where MOS failed and failed miserably: humanizing Superman. Outside of that odd exchange where Jonathon Kent committed suicide (yes, I know... it's a stretch; but, still a fair assessment - I think) I didn't see any humanizing of the character. I felt little empathy with Supes/Clark and I never felt much struggle from him ...and I sure never got that this well established, iconic character stood for anything.

So how does this mean for Bats v Supes? Just like you suggested, I saw nothing in MOS that this Superman wouldn't utterly destroy (kill, maim) Batman the second he became annoying.

I strongly disliked MOS for so many reasons... but this film has my attention for a few reasons. The biggest reason is Ben Affleck as Batman... I still think it's perfect despite all the bellyaching about it. I am curious as to how this will play out - but I hate the utter raping of Miller's Dark Knight Returns for this.

It'll be interesting to see how the timeline will work out.

What's cool about Miller's Dark Knight Returns story set up is that the final battle is kinda the result of pent up energy Batman has had brewing for a lifetime finally being released. It cool that way.

But to have Bats just throw down in during "first contact" would make him kind of a ******.
How long will Batman been operating as Batman in this world?

I think MOS got a lot of things terribly wrong but I can't say I'm not intesnsely curious to see how this done.

It'll be nice to see Batman handled in a more stylized and romanticized fashion. Dare I say "comic booky"?

You got me you bastards, you got me!

I get the impression that Superman will try to be the Good guy, and somehow interfere with Batman and what he's got going, and that will **** him off enough to confront him. They'll come to the understanding that they need to work together to get anything done instead of against each other....or not, we'll see ;)

Ben Affleck's CHIN could stop crime in its tracks. He's going to own Batman. And it looks like large chunks of this are straight from TDKR, including the end battle. I'm really, really liking what I'm seeing.

I feel Batman will go after Superman after all the destruction he was (somewhat) responsible for. So... Batman will be somewhat prepared in their initial encounter.

...I actually like Ben Affleck as batman, I think what I'm more confused about is why they decided to start batman off being old, this is still early in Supermans career yet, so it seems a bit odd. Don't get me wrong, I love me some old batman The Dark Knight Returns is my favorite graphic novel and I love the new batsuit and armored batsuit and how true they are to Frank Millers vision. Just seems odd as its his first appearance.
They might be taking more from Miller's Dark Knight series than we initially thought. Bruce Wayne is 55 years old in Miller's story, so maybe Snyder has decided to approach Batman from that angle--he's been doing this for quite some time, he's starting to feel his age, and he's getting burned out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back