Finished my life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

Re: My life-size sculpture of Giger Alien Version

That's looking Fantastic :thumbsup Looking forward to seeing what this will look like finished :)

Looking great!

Having never molded anything before though, would you not be better off doing that before painting?

I do not understand. is a question that I had asked myself recently, but, to make molds, I need a lot of money, and only if there is demand for copies, it becomes a justified expense. Therefore, at the moment, I delight of my alien. If I get many requests for copies (but I doubt that happens), I do not think the color layer, so finely distributed and thin, can create problems to the surface of the copies, on which I still have to apply a primer. Perhaps it would be a problem only for the transparent dome if I decide to get a copy of it with bivalve mold built upon it, rather than for thermoforming.
Or if the problem is to ruin the original, I think the silicone release agents may overcome this, but I repeat that I'm no expert. :)

You may very well be right :) I'm no expert either, but someone here should know? :D

That's looking Fantastic :thumbsup Looking forward to seeing what this will look like finished :)

Thanks Leigh. ;)

You may very well be right :) I'm no expert either, but someone here should know? :D

pnag, waiting for answers to your question, I enclose some other image of the first layer of color.

IMAG1189.jpgIMAG1190.jpgIMAG1191.jpgIMAG1193.jpgIMAG1194.jpgIMAG1195.jpgIMAG1196.jpgIMAG1197.jpgIMAG1198.jpg

Just *gorgeous*!!!! Love it - can't wait to see the rest!

Again...WOW :eek

incredible sir!!!!

Just *gorgeous*!!!! Love it - can't wait to see the rest!

Thank you, it is not finished yet. In these images is visible to the addition of the black. I would like to add nuances, then the nails, paint the transparent dome. Finally, the inscription on the pedestal. I think I still have a week / ten days of work. :)

IMAG1220.jpg

IMAG1214 bis.jpg

IMAG1209.jpg

Last edited:

Just absolutely stunning!!!! Your airbrush work on top of a spectacular build is the icing on top of a very incredible alien cake!!! Bravo!

that is freaking unbelieveable!!!!

Jaw droppingly incredible!!!!!!!

Rich

Just absolutely stunning!!!! Your airbrush work on top of a spectacular build is the icing on top of a very incredible alien cake!!! Bravo!

Thanks guys,
attaching new progress. Remain the following works: streaks on clear transparent dome and title on the pedestal. Maybe even some area to darken.

IMAG1234.jpg

IMAG1236.jpg

IMAG1240.jpg

IMAG1241.jpg

IMAG1243.jpg

IMAG1244.jpg

IMAG1245.jpg

IMAG1248.jpg

That really is incredible. I would love one of those in the corner of my office. Not sure what the wife would say.
You have done a truly amazing job with that!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back