Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Ed you think that R2's LDP is CS:R? it looks smaller to me

its definitely CS:R Oliver already commented on some of those kinds of details. from what I understand, even though a lot of club parts were used, these ddroids were modded and customized using a variety of sources and measurements and even built according to JJ's needs. I'll try to dig up the comment but pretty sure someone in the know or Oliver himself stated the LDP was the proper one.

I watched the behind the scenes footage and then went back and watched the 2nd teaser. I noticed that there seems to be a few different types of TIE fighters.
One type looks closer to the older TIEs- they don't have those gear shaped pieces holding the wings on.
Another is the crashed one which looks like the one Hasbro previewed. Has the older style cockpit window with the red on the left (right side looking at it).
Yet another is the one in the teaser that's shooting up the hanger. It looks like a oval cockpit window with the red on the right (left side looking at it). Am I wrong about the window on this one?

R2-KT as well as R5 domes can be seen in one shot. Also I wonder if those running ST with redish armor are the TIE pilots or something new.

here is Albin Johnsons response on Facebook about R2-KT appearing...

and on his personal page:
Albin Johnson

2 hrs ·
Exciting footage. No comment about 1:50 (wink emoticon)

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the behind the scenes footage and then went back and watched the 2nd teaser. I noticed that there seems to be a few different types of TIE fighters.
One type looks closer to the older TIEs- they don't have those gear shaped pieces holding the wings on.
Another is the crashed one which looks like the one Hasbro previewed. Has the older style cockpit window with the red on the left (right side looking at it).
Yet another is the one in the teaser that's shooting up the hanger. It looks like a oval cockpit window with the red on the right (left side looking at it). Am I wrong about the window on this one?

The TIE in the BTS and Hasbro toy are the two seater versions Poe and Finn escape in.

Simon Pegg's appearance is just a sign that the IMF has infiltrated a galaxy far, far away. The next trailer will reveal Tom Cruise departing Xenu's ship at the Mos Eisley Cantina.

My bunch o' frame grabs from the SDCC reel. Mostly of the Millennium Falcon.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/12377578@N07/sets/72157655779285055

19619007412_98e37529b8_o.png

19438054860_6a5e7f09ec_o.png>

Entertainment Weekly pointed out that it is for sure Leia that receives the lightsaber in the second trailer. She is wearing the same ring on the same finger in the BTS footage when she squeezes JJ's face.

its definitely CS:R Oliver already commented on some of those kinds of details. from what I understand, even though a lot of club parts were used, these ddroids were modded and customized using a variety of sources and measurements and even built according to JJ's needs. I'll try to dig up the comment but pretty sure someone in the know or Oliver himself stated the LDP was the proper one.

ed thats awesome! im just glad i could pick up the difference, proves to myself I've been really studying! lol i would love to read the comments from oliver

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back