Arkham Origins Batman suit build

I am making a Red Hood Cosplay and the knee and shin gaurds look awesome. So i was wondering if the entire suit must be bought as a whole or can i buy just certain parts? But like everyone has said this work is amazing.
Another question i have I read use used 3D printing, did you use a 3D autocad program to do it? I am learning to use it and was just wondering if you did if I could get some help or suggestions on how to do work like this?

cant wait to see this bad boy completed!!!

Me too! Been a long road but light at the end of the tunnel now.

I am making a Red Hood Cosplay and the knee and shin gaurds look awesome. So i was wondering if the entire suit must be bought as a whole or can i buy just certain parts? But like everyone has said this work is amazing.
Another question i have I read use used 3D printing, did you use a 3D autocad program to do it? I am learning to use it and was just wondering if you did if I could get some help or suggestions on how to do work like this?

If you look in the Runs section of the Junkyard I do have thread.
Much of the work was done in 3DS Max. But not by myself so I can't lend any help in that department.

Woww! This is so awesome. Anything you wish your Makerbot could do better in regards to 3D printing these parts?

Well would be nice if they came off the printer not requiring finish work. lol. Many assume that 3D prints come off ready to mold. Far from really. They still require many hours of finish work.

The original cowl was done well over a year ago and with only 1 or 2 reference pics available. With better reference decided to do a v2 from 3D model and print. Also decided to add some textures that will get picked up by the silicone mold and transfer to the rubber castings. Leather on the cowl and collar and kevlar on the neck. Onto the pics...

Oh man, that looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it molded! I may have to pick up the version 2 as well. Though I have to say, the version 1 is still crazy impressive for how few references were available at the time. Is it just me, or did you enlarge the eye holes a bit?

Oh man, that looks fantastic! I can't wait to see it molded! I may have to pick up the version 2 as well. Though I have to say, the version 1 is still crazy impressive for how few references were available at the time. Is it just me, or did you enlarge the eye holes a bit?

Yes we did. Based on feedback from those with the v1. ;)

I want one as well

- - - Updated - - -

Wtb the whole suit when it's ready, do you think you could add a optional cod piece the suit looks funny without one.

When will these be available ?

Gotta mold still. Which should be done in the next week or so. I will start a JY thread as we really shouldn't discuss that here.

Damn Kev that is just awesome! Looks Amazing!

Quite happy with it, James.

I want one as well

- - - Updated - - -

Wtb the whole suit when it's ready, do you think you could add a optional cod piece the suit looks funny without one.

No plans for a cod piece. Rest of the suit should be ready soon though.

Amazing work you never fail to impress

Wish I could take credit for it but it's been a real team effort. Thank you though!

I tried looking for this item in the Junkyard, but I couldn't find it. Could you tell me what to look under to find it?
Again great work I am truly envious of your talent.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back