Jack Harper Rifle - Oblivion Movie

Magpul MASADA/ Bushmaster ACR

are the same rifle as pointed out by Cesquared already

wasnt there a shot where harper takes one of these from his weapon rack?

Yesterday I went out to buy a Masada airsoft but when i saw it in person it dawned on me that the A&K has the cocking lever in the wrong spot! The Oblivion rifle has the lever much further forward. Older Masada airsofts have it that way, but it looks like all the newer ones have it above the magazine. (Luckily I was just able to track down an older model.) Unfortunately, almost all the "correct" models are a lot more expensive than the A&K.

However, even with the cost of the rifle... it would easily be outdone by the cost of the flashlight! I've sent them an inquiry, but I'd be surprised if that piece alone didn't cost $500+

Definitely not a cheap replica to make if you want accuracy.

However, even with the cost of the rifle... it would easily be outdone by the cost of the flashlight! I've sent them an inquiry, but I'd be surprised if that piece alone didn't cost $500+

..yeah but coudlnt someone just build it from scratch with some matching leds? it doesnt really need to be the real deal/ real strong flashlight.

..yeah but coudlnt someone just build it from scratch with some matching leds? it doesnt really need to be the real deal/ real strong flashlight.

Of course you could get pretty close, even though the lens setup is fairly complex when looked at closely. But some folks will always want the exact correct part, no matter what. (Not sure I think it's worth it in this case though...!)

The flats lights are about £160 plus shipping!
More like closer to £200 if you want the exact, correct model. That buys a LOT of leds, plexiglass and aluminum tube if you want to make "close enough" replicas.

The Apple I-rifle looks like an easy build with pvc and sheet styrene.

If this movie does well enough, might we see an actual airsoft version or a static model like the Pulse rifle from Aliens?

Wow, apparently this is the proper research thread! I am in process on this already and somehow started my own thread separate of this?:lol I'm making a Resin Kit for people who can't afford the airsoft and flashlight option. Looks like I got to get my ass in gear! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!:D

Hmm... IMFDB are saying it's a Bushmaster. Lower receiver looks the same to me as on the Masada. (I'm not big on keeping up with modern firearms until they get modded for movies so I'll let the experts chime in, but as I understand it they are variations of the same rifle...) Either way, so much of it is hidden by the shroud that it may not make that big a difference.

Bushmaster is authorized to manufacture the Masada by Magpul in 2008

Have been looking online for (cheaper) alternative for the oveready torch - I know the optics are complex but cant justify price. Have had a look online and some look promising. Any suggestions?

As Sean said, the rifle run has been full for a while as I understand it but you can still get our pistol. Look in the "runs" section of the junkyard...

Yesterday I went out to buy a Masada airsoft but when i saw it in person it dawned on me that the A&K has the cocking lever in the wrong spot! The Oblivion rifle has the lever much further forward. Older Masada airsofts have it that way, but it looks like all the newer ones have it above the magazine. (Luckily I was just able to track down an older model.) Unfortunately, almost all the "correct" models are a lot more expensive than the A&K.

The Masada was the precursor to the ACR. The ACR was a co-venture between Magpul, Remington and Bushmaster to create a weapon that they believed would meet all the military requirements for replacement for the current military M16/M4 platform. The ACR is based off of the Masada platform.
Just prior to the deal with Bushmaster, Magpul made additional changes to their design—the most obvious of these was the relocation of the ambidextrous operating handle to a forward position.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_Combat_Rifle

the airsoft version made by PTS and called Masada ACR SV or Streamline Version is the most affordable/accurate version available now (around 300$)

differences to the more expensive version
"The front sight and rear PTS MBUS iron sight has been omitted and the PTS PMAG 120 round Mid-cap has been replaced with a 75 round ABS plastic made PMAG. These changes allow PTS to bring to market a high quality but more competitively priced streamlined version of the Airsoft Masada."

PT607680307-1L.jpg

Attachments

• aeg-masadasv-bk.jpg
    aeg-masadasv-bk.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
THERE WAS INDEED A REPLICA RESIN PROP RUN ON THIS RIFLE - GOT IT. IT IS AWESOME ! Check the junkyard thread. : )

THERE WAS INDEED A REPLICA RESIN PROP RUN ON THIS RIFLE - GOT IT. IT IS AWESOME ! Check the junkyard thread. : )

that's a great replica but i am in low budget so i bought for 179euro an airsoft "H&K Masada Magpul PTS Licensed " and will convert that one with forex :)

I actually work for PTS and am Considering modding one of the PTS masadas to be like the one from oblivion.
I would love to get my hands on an accurate Masada. Would you be willing to trade one of the airsoft guns for the shell parts to mod it into the oblivion rifle?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back