Where do I get a Denix Mauser in Canada?

Yeah, good luck, I hope you get it no problems. If it's a replica of a modern firearm produced after 1899 it's still an issue. Anyone getting away with bringing them across the border hassle free, good for you, you should charge and sell them. Some airsoft and bb models are now available for sale in Canada but they are much more expensive than the Denix replicas. The 2 Denix Mausers that I do have, apparently slipped through the random checks with CBSA because they seized the last one I ordered from a run on ROTJ blasters being done here. It's ridiculous that I am even fighting to have the accessories 'not seized' I think they are going to steal them on me because that's why I appealed, I took a chance with the Denix Mauser but from the way I've read the laws, replica parts are admissible. So Im dealing with that aspect of it now. The agent from CBSA called me the other day.

The nice thing is that they aren't very expensive, so not a risky loss. That said, if you do a web search, there is a store in Victoria that sells Denix. I live right by there, and have been in the store, and they indeed do carry some. It might be worth sending them and email and asking them if they can order in a Mauser. Since they do more cross border ordering, they might have less issues with confiscation. Worth a try...

That said....

Caveneau,

I was a make-up FX/prop maker in Vancouver for seven years, so I know it is possible to cast a gun without damaging it. The trick is using the right products, and knowing how to make proper molds. Perhaps we should have a discussion about how to do that.....I am sure there are many of us Canadians that would be more than happy with a genuine Mauser in resin.

Where is this victoria store? I'm heading to the island next month would would love to not have to deal with customs! they already give me enough trouble for my TCSS parts!

Hello
im so new here that this is my first post :) I figure it's good karma to start well.

I don't know where you can get a denix but you can get a better full metal air soft replica here...
https://www.replicaairguns.ca/kwc-m712-full-metal-6mm-co2-gun

its full metal blowback replica and better quality than a denix for sure. The site above is in vancouver. It's a beautiful looking piece that fires air soft bbs with a co2 cartridge hence the large magazine. It is built basically the same as a real steel Mauser. The charging bolt racks back and it seems to field strip the same as the real one. It's a shame they couldn't get the co2 cartridge to fit in the handle. It would be so nice to fire a dl44 replica with blowback like the old gas powered air soft pieces.

I'm sourcing one from a another air soft company for cheaper. As well as a full metal sterling for an e-11 storm trooper, if anyone is interested I will update when I get word from the supplier.

J

But it's not an accurate version of a mauser for prop purposes.

Because of the large magazine? I would agree on that, it,would need to be ditched. Other wise, it seems to be a much better base to build a DL-44 on than the denix. Although you're reputation precedes you Scott so any insight you may have into this particular gun is most welcome. Have you built a blaster with it?

I also wanted to ask to ask you about the DEC set. I'm assuming it was a limited run and is not available anymore? Will they do another run soon?

j

It's just the wrong mauser variation all together. The SW blasters were either wartime commercial or pre-war commercial earlier variants. The Airsoft is the latest M712 with a magazine and elect fire. So the entire bit of details are wrong. Wrong everything pretty much.

I'm sure if DEC gets enough interest he'll do another run. Each run he's made is for as many as show interest and pre-pay I think, and there are no extras pretty much. We're on run... 4 or 5 I think... The first two were the more accurate but much more expensive versions, and the latest ones are the cast run parts.

Most people don't want to or can pay for the steel and aluminum full detail parts, and the casts are less expensive but nearly as good in detail for much less $.

Hi scott
thanks for the input. You are correct. I am new to the DL-44 black hole of information. It is staggering the amount of info that has been uncovered here. That being said, I am in Canada. In canada I can't seem to get a denix because it was produced after 1898 which dictates what kind of replica you can buy here. I know the c96 designation means it was produced in 1896 but alas no go for customs it seems. I'm set if I want a blunderbuss though :)

BUT, for some stupid reason I can get almost any type of air soft weapon here. I just got a tanfoglio witness 1911 off frickin Amazon.ca which if I pulled out and flashed at a cop I would be dead. It's a full metal dead on replica of a colt 1911. In the early 80's I had a plastic mgc m1712 which came as a kit. It seems the only option I have is the metal m712.

I greatly admire the rpf community's attention to detail of producing an exact screen used replica but I'm not that picky. I was five when Star Wars came out and it changed my life and was something that helped me through a tough childhood. I always wanted han's blaster and the storm trooper blaster. They were beautiful pieces of art to me. I was fine back then with the has bro blaster as I was a kid. Now I want to have that feeling back but my tastes are more caviar. I want metal!

so, it doesn't really bug me that I can only get a modern version Mauser and build the replica with that. So do you think that I could still use it with the DEC kit? I would guess that it would be dimensionally the same as the mgc Mauser as I believe that kwc obtained the mgc tools from mgc.

I also wanted to ask you if I could commission you to do up a blaster core wiring harness for it for me? If I could I would just commission a dl44 from you as you do brilliant work, but again being in Canada I wouldn't want to risk it getting seized. I would be looking for a pre wired board and speaker and battery with an led for the barrel and the switches to fire it off etc. You could just put longer wires on everything and I could cut them and figure out how to get it all in myself. I also have an idea about having an animated scope targeting system using fibre optics which would need a little bit of work. I would do the finer optics but would need some of the LEDs running off the board to light them up. Is this something we could work out? I would guess that you could figure out what materials you would need, tell me the price and I could PayPal you that amount and then you could tell me how much to get a table top wired version working and I could PayPal that plus the shipping costs when you complete it? What do you think? Could you help me out?

it occurs to me that maybe I'm not supposed to ask on the forum? Well too late. Hopefully no one will take offence.

jamie

I have a Denix and I am considering making some molds of it, if I have time. If/when I do that, if anyone is interested in a resin version, I would be willing to ship a few out.

We would have to figure out a way to make sure it was legal.

Last edited:
you mean you didn't declare it right?
Denix Mausers aren't very accurate anyway so you'd have to make the price pretty low, otherwise it's probably not worth it for anyone. You might as well just buy one of the Umarex Legends C96 for $100 and at least it shoots BBs

My question is whether "Han Solo Blaster" is legal even though it is built on a Mauser? If so, perhaps the solution is to have someone in the USA, ship them with the parts?

ultimately I would like to find someone in Canada with a real Mauser, amd take proper molds of it for fellow Canadians.

Last edited:
My question is whether "Han Solo Blaster" is legal even though it is built on a Mauser? If so, perhaps the solution is to have someone in the USA, ship them with the parts?

ultimately I would like to find someone in Canada with a real Mauser, amd take proper molds of it for fellow Canadians.

I've got one. 1916 vintage. Been considering making molds myself.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
CBSA will seize a Denix Mauser, for sure, unless it's lucky enough to slip through their screening process.
Any custom parts however ARE admissible as long as they are not attached to the gun and shipped separately.
Trust me. I just finished going through a ridiculous battle with CBSA. I had to request a President's Review.

You in the GTA by any chance?

I just watched a few videos where someone broke down a real Mauser. It seems as through it should be a fairly easy thing to cast. The inside mechanism would have to either be cast as one solid piece, or as part of the barrel. The rest is very straight forward.

I would have to plan the molds to see where the mold lines could be reduced, but I think you could pull a nice mold from it. The only really tricky part (if it wasn't just one solid pistol) would be casting the inside/outside of the barrel/grip so they could fit back together.

Casting the entire thing as one solid gun would be the easiest. Since it would be silicone (you would need the right kind), I can't see any harm being done to it. You might have to seal off a few parts with some water based clay to avoid cleaning silicone out of it for days. :D

I am thinking that the way forward (other that high quality casts) are 3D printing. I know, I know...3D printing is still kinda blah, but each new generation produces better and better results. A Mauser, after sanded and finished might actually be a nice looking blaster, no worse in terms of soft details than the Denix I would suspect.

Plus, a 3D print machine is much easier to get and cheaper than an actual Mauser. I wonder if anyone on here has attempted a 3D print?

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back