dr strange sling ring file from thingiverse

printed the eye twice first time without supports...it wasnt good...and then with supports but they were a little too big for it and were hard work to remove ...my 3rd attempt will be using tree like supports at a mil thick...its not a bad print but its missing a lot of little details but they can always be added.

the same site seems to have the ancient onessling ring too...well it looks like it as far as i can tell.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1887758

I don't think that's hers - here are all the pics I've collected so far.

sling ring2.jpg

i stand corrected...i couldnt find anything on the ring...all i knew was it was thicker...oh well its still a nice print anyway...but that image of the ancient ones ring is very nice...thank you......i have found 3 different sling ring variations ..4 with the ancient one ring image you have now shown me...the top print is not quite correct but close ...the second print file must be a custom design but is nice but i think i will be busy either sculpting or getting my cad skill up to par to make the ancient one ring.

Last edited:
I haven't seen anyone make hers yet! I do really like the variation in design for all the rings. I might make one someday, but I don't know how to 3D model so I would only be making one for myself (probably out of worbla, which is how I made my Dark Helmet ring).

you could always sculpt it with plasticard...styrene i believe its also called and milliput...my cad skills are not great so i will probably sculpt it

I've never worked with those materials before but I'm willing to give it a try! I'd really like to do her whole costume sometime but I'm not convinced my sewing skills are up to par, lol.

the plasti card and milliput are both sandable and milliput gives you a 2 hour working time so as it becomes more firm the detail you add are easier to do....its very soft to start so you can shape it and build in layers until you get the required shape..you could even just build the basic shape of the ring and engrave the detail in i love the stuff....and i have no sewing skill at all so it will be just the props for me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back