Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
Wes, What main cast member? Cuz according to IMDb they don't have any cast listed?
According to a close friend of mine (who was going to do props for the show. Had to back out) they are WAY behind.
The show is listed as "green harvest" here in toronto

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Akiva Goldsman joins the team. Who the heck is Akiva Goldsman?

Batman & Robin (written by)
Oh no....

Lost in Space (written by)
OH NO!

Winter's Tale
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Jeff, what do you think?

Akiva. Goldsman. I'm generally an optimist about these things, but the words "Star Trek is dead" certainly come to mind.

Computer, destruct sequence One. Code 11A.

Bryan Fuller was the only major positive of the show for me at this point, and his interviews have actually filled me with some confidence for the show. With him out, and with the names who are left to fill his shoes, I'm feeling less optimistic about the show, especially long term. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised, but I have pretty much zero faith in the people holding the reins of Trek to understand the property, the genre, the setting, the technology, and the right sorts of stories to tell within the scaffold made by those things. That they brought in Goldsman is, if anything, actually managing to be worse than Orci. *sigh*

@Jeyl -- Computer, destruct sequence Two. Code 11A2B.

I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised, but I have pretty much zero faith in the people holding the reins of Trek to understand the property, the genre, the setting, the technology, and the right sorts of stories to tell within the scaffold made by those things. That they brought in Goldsman is, if anything, actually managing to be worse than Orci. *sigh*

@Jeyl -- Computer, destruct sequence Two. Code 11A2B.

Is it wrong to say I actually kind of LIKED Batman and Robin, or would i be chased off here? :)

But yeah, After looking him up, the faith is failing with this one.

Michelle Yeoh confirmed, Anthony Rapp and.. whoa. Doug Jones join the cast.

Computer! Code one, two, three continuity. Abort destruct order.

And Anthony Rapp just tweeted this image to show his preperation for the series.

CyeOHBCUoAA9d70.jpg-large_zpsst1lo97o.jpg

I'm so gosh darn proud.

So the captain of Chinese ancestry has a ship with a Chinese name. A little trite, wouldn't you say? They're trying too hard.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back