Terminator: Genisys

Doesn't Reese's reaction contradict the original film?

Reese: The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human... sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him.​

It's clear that the beat up T-800 in the truck is severely damaged facially and Pops only looks slightly bruised. What gave him away? The score?

Jeyl, I guess we are supposed to throw out everything that happened before. That guy is no Michael Bien, that is for sure. To think I thought Sam Worthington was an emotionless dull actor. Yikes. They found someone even less interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I really don't care for Jai Courtney or whatever his name is. Reserving judgment (heh) on Sarah Connor. It's jarring seeing non-mom Sarah after binge watching TSCC, and frankly I think Lena H can probably act circles around most other women in the biz, so...tough to follow.

Thought Reese had to wait for the Terminator to make his move in the first one yet instantly recognises him in the trailer. This is going to not only suck but blow at the same time. It looks absolute crap.

And just think: All the clips we've seen of this movie have been purposely released. This isn't even a random sample. We're seeing highlight reels of what the producers believe are the strongest scenes. They've already gone so far as to spoil the plot in attempt to win us over.

I for one will enjoy this movie. I liked T1 but watching it now is so outdated. T2 I didn't care for because I didn't like the kid and it was an ok film. Now T3....I like it! T4 I loved it and think T4 is the best of the 4 films. I read so many people saying "Need a future war" Terminator film....um...that was T4 and last time I watched it T4 is set in the future and in the middle of the Terminator war.

At least T3 gave us the perfect mix of the T-800 Endoskeleton and Arnold's face. Genisys looks like the same effect made 10 years before, not after!

The only things worthwhile about T3 are that shot of Arnold and hearing an orchestral version of Beltrami's score in the credits!

T3 had a lot of good individual components. The tone was just all wrong.

I liked how it went from dark, to sunrise, to light out, over the course of one long vehicle chase. The first time seeing the movie I was amazed when I realized what was happening. Such a challenge from a logistics point of view. Doing that in an expensive location with a big summer movie using a whole lot of practical stunts . . . PITA.

You could tell some of the shots were CGI-tweaked to perfect it. But the whole thing was not just a post-production effect by any means.

It's a bit of a directing "stunt". But IMO it lent that scene a big dose of realism just when the movie was starting to need it.

Baring any set backs, I'm planning to see this opening night just as I did Salvation because I love the Terminator world/series. I thoroughly enjoyed Salvation, even more than T3. I remember seeing T3 for the first time and was thinking this is just trying to be T2 all over again, but still had some moments I loved. In particular I loved the introduction of Katherine and finding out about her and John, the casket left behind by Sarah, the Cemetery scene and really loved the ending as I actually didn't see it coming. Still it doesn't hold a candle to the first two films. To me, T1 is the end all, be all, as it's by far my favorite. As a kid, Arnold scared me as the Terminator. Then in T2 he got to play the hero, got to see what John was like, the change in Sarah and one of the great baddies in the T1000. I'm looking to binge on all Terminator stuff the 4 films and the Sarah Connor Chronicles before seeing Genisys. Like many have said I look at this as just another timeline or whatever you want to call it as I'm in that crowd that looks at the first two films as their own thing.

Saying that, I'm definitely not digging Jai as Kyle which is upsetting as Kyle and Sarah are my fav characters from the whole series. At least they got his look down with the trench and nikes lol. Holding out hope for Emilia as Sarah though. Shall see.

I actually liked T3 too!!! Shock horror!

Or maybe I should say it has grown on me...lol salvation had a lot of cool effects and the almost 'epic' view of a future war. I say almost though.
It really didn't do much for me though. I couldn't get batman out of my mind lol
Still...like so many others I'm just happy to see another terminator film. Easily pleased I guess ha ha
As long as it doesn't sink to the depravity of the last few highlander films I'll eat my popcorn and enjoy it.

I'm sure there will be some cool props to collect and replicate as well. The last Indiana jones wasn't great either but I'm just happy the franchise is still breathing even if it is a little laboured lol so I guess this might very well be the case with this new film. Unless jurassic world is awesome;)

Regards
T
A
Z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I for one will enjoy this movie. I liked T1 but watching it now is so outdated. T2 I didn't care for because I didn't like the kid and it was an ok film. Now T3....I like it! T4 I loved it and think T4 is the best of the 4 films. I read so many people saying "Need a future war" Terminator film....um...that was T4 and last time I watched it T4 is set in the future and in the middle of the Terminator war.

Ummmm,what to say to this..........well your entitled to your opinion and I respect that. I think I speak for most when I say the "Future war" we want is Cameron's war not the transformers on steroids future war of T4. To me it felt nothing like a Terminator film. I liked the fx in T4 and T3 but the first 2 are universally seen as masterpieces.

Ben

Was watching Mad Max at the cinema last night and the new Terminator trailer shows up...................................Frak....wish i had not seen that one. Its like they really need to show every PLOTTWIST in the ******** trailer... The "reveal" was nothing you put in the good damn trailer:angry....Its like if they had put Vaders "I am you father" in the trailer for Episode 5. What were they thinking...:facepalm

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back