Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

It's interesting to note that most of Pepsi's negative input was taken down from their Facebook pages. Pepsi Perfect Facebook and their Pepsi website. The comment I liked the best was " Pepsi sure gave the BTTF community the "Real Thing". Welcome to America baby home of the Red, White & Boooo!

Ugh I have to agree 6,500 its ridiculous thats such a limited number why bother ??? A huge company like Pepsi can only
muster 6500 yea ok lol. Someone had a really great idea to pump up the Buzz that was done on purpose .
What did they retail before the Ebay Jackals got involved :( They do look really cool not comparing to a custom made bottle which I have not seen yet .

What I wonder is, are they doing yet another run or did they open the valve and then shut it off, and this is just the remaining 6500 run

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh I have to agree 6,500 its ridiculous thats such a limited number why bother ??? A huge company like Pepsi can only
muster 6500 yea ok lol. Someone had a really great idea to pump up the Buzz that was done on purpose .
What did they retail before the Ebay Jackals got involved :( They do look really cool not comparing to a custom made bottle which I have not seen yet .
Corporate execs are really out of touch. I imagine the marketing kids were all over it and the corporate guys were like "Back to the Future, that has a cult following in the hundreds right? No money to be made there, fine 6500 whatever I got golfing to do"

Good thing I didn't buy one off eBay:

November 3rd:

http://shop.pepsi.com/store/
slide-1-title4.png

hoverboard.png

Just in case you guys don't know and it might not mean anything but 4.29 pm approaches and Amazon's Pepsi Perfect site is back up, still says unavailable, but the site is back up! If you were aware, sorry to raise any further hopes!

Pepsi said in a statement that a glitch caused a small amount of Pepsi Perfect to go on sale early.
"As sometimes happens when going Back to the Future, a glitch caused a small amount of Pepsi Perfect to go on sale earlier than we intended. We will deliver on our promise to fans, and the rest will go on sale as planned," a spokesperson said.

"Glitch" my as5*, hahaha

http://money.cnn.com/2015/10/21/news/companies/pepsi-perfect-sellout/

Precisely. That should give Pepsi an edge in how to handle these kind of operations as they have a lot more resources. It was handled very poorly and that's sugar coating on my part. The damage will be limited I agree but it's there. Now I appreciate your input but you registering on these boards today, with obviously the sole purpose of defending how Pepsi handled this debacle raises some flags on my end.

PS: Which is probably why they're backpedalling now and doing another run. Bad publicity is bad.

Registering today means nothing. Because I haven't posted before today makes your opinion mean more? I've been following these boards for over a year and finally decided this was when I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. The whining and entitlement was too much. The fact that they are back peddling now is sad because the exclusivity of the item is now diminished.

I'm curious what was the market share for pepsi like when BTTF2 came out as opposed to now? I'm too lazy to look it up myself and I want you to impress me with your knowledge

I'm glad to see they are doing another batch of these (I knew they would). I wonder how many there will be this time... It better be more than 6,500.

I think it's awesome that we all get another crack at this. As far as "collector exclusivity", :lol, screw that, you spent 20 bucks, get over it! What's far more important is that now many more fans have a chance to add one to their collections rather than having to buy one from some d-bag scalper.

Registering today means nothing. Because I haven't posted before today makes your opinion mean more? I've been following these boards for over a year and finally decided this was when I couldn't hold my tongue any longer. The whining and entitlement was too much. The fact that they are back peddling now is sad because the exclusivity of the item is now diminished.

If you consider this hobby an investment then yes you have every reason to be pissed.
Me, well I'm just really glad to see that my fellow rpfers will get another chance to get one. This whole debacle just diminished the sheer joy I felt when my amazon order went through.

And as for you registering today just to tell people how you think they should feel and behave, and not because you felt like sharing your passion for this hobby, which is the very reason why forums like this exist, well let's say I do think that your opinion doesn't mean a whole lot. And it definitely doesn't put your "contribution" under the best of light.

don't know if this is already posted but my friend just told me Pepsi tweeted another limited run will be held 11/3 at 9am EST time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 21 May be passed as of midnight, but the items will still be wanted! If anyone stops being a collector or fan after today are totally insane

If you consider this hobby an investment then yes you have every reason to be pissed.
Me, well I'm just really glad to see that my fellow rpfers will get another chance to get one. This whole debacle just diminished the sheer joy I felt when my amazon order went through.

And as for you registering today just to tell people how you think they should feel and behave, and not because you felt like sharing your passion for this hobby, which is the very reason why forums like this exist, well let's say I do think that your opinion doesn't mean a whole lot. And it definitely doesn't put your "contribution" under the best of light.

This hobby is an investment. There's a lot of money, time and craftsmanship that we all invest. I'd much rather have an extremely exclusive item then something anyone can pick up. If that means everyone can't have one then that's too bad. Why do you think we make replicas. It's because everyone can't have one. I didn't register to tell people how I feel. My comment was meant to show people that they are acting unreasonably.

This hobby is an investment. There's a lot of money, time and craftsmanship that we all invest. I'd much rather have an extremely exclusive item then something anyone can pick up. If that means everyone can't have one then that's too bad. Why do you think we make replicas. It's because everyone can't have one. I didn't register to tell people how I feel. My comment was meant to show people that they are acting unreasonably.

Then I suggest you should try buying stocks instead if reselling value is the thing that you care about the most. The very reason why the replica community exists is because not everyone can own an original, it's precisely to make an item available to MORE people. Not the opposite really. But like I said in the end if you are worried for the value of your $20 investment you should probably switch hobbies as you will face other frustrating issues in the future. The community spirit is what matters, what you can share with people, learn from them, the good times, the shared passion and enthusiasm. The value of any collection doesn't lie in the money, time or craftsmanship you put in it. It's the memories you create that make them really invaluable.

Finally if your intention was to show people they were acting unreasonably, well you amazingly failed (as even PepsiCo thought it wasn't really THAT unreasonable). But yeah keep diggin'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back