Tron Legacy Identity Disc - 197 LEDs + light / sound Fx

Freakin' awesome!!!

What a fantastic bit of electronics You made, I axpected something like this from the genious on boards which is in You mate!! My compliments!

If You ever going to offer a building service, shoot me a pm immediately, please!

Regards,

Alberto

that would be a pain to build a real kit as there's just no room in there, it's not a install A then B process. That's however how I like to do it (propser mind set), grab elements, customize them, make them fit, close and enjoy but then it's usually a one shot, like my motion tracker. As for a building service, I just cannot afford this unfortunately, with all the workload on my plate for manufacturing props boards.

That being said, if someone wants a modified version of the Crystal Focus (saber) board I'm using there for the motion and sound, it's easy to provide. It's however an advanced project in terms of electronics, so unless you want to bite the bullet and understand just a little bit arduino and physical computing. The structure of the device isn't complicated, the light fx are triggered by serial message and achived on their own by the arduino. The master unit remains the crystal focus board and that's it. I suppose not everybody needs all the bells and the whistles with the USB flash drive and everything.
I'm happy to share the arduino code to, if you get a modified version of the CF. Keep in mind though that the modification in the firmware of the CF is designed to match what the arduino does for the lights, so there's little room for customatization there, aside of the lighting behavior / arduino

It would be really difficult for me, so looks like my only hope is when You'll be bored of it and You'll eventually put into the Junkyard, I'll then be definitely glad to grab it!

I'm hopless!:cry

Regards,

Alberto

Very nicely done.

I have the older version of the Soul Inertia kit, which didn't support having sound present, so its already been ripped out & the grille sealed and sanded with putty.

Is there a way to add in the segment time delay for the inner lighting, or was this part of the newer kit?

What switches did you use in lieux of magnets on the back? I love that look and would like to use that instead of using the stock slider position + cutting hole for 2nd slider.

I custom made those switches. The general power switch is a latching one on which I added a machined alu cap. The other ones are regular tactiles which also got a plunger to look like magnets.

Nice work!
So no amount of begging will get you to do buildups for others?

I don't think so, unfortunately. I'm just swamped with lightsaber boards production and new product design R&D, which already leaves me zero time for personal projects. Really sorry.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back