VIDEO: Anakin built C3P0, so Ben Solo built BB8

I respect your opinion.

(see kids, see how easy it is to actually respect someone who disagrees with you. I've been doing it for years.)

Oh, come off it.

I wrote an actual substantive response to your point, and you basically just dismissed it out of hand, so don't give me that "I respect your opinion" bulls***.

You want to debate or have an actual discussion, fine. You want to be snarky, fine. I can play either game and am happy to engage. But don't then try to paint yourself as "Oh, look at me, I'm the respectful one here" when your posts just ooze with contempt and disregard.

Oh, come off it.

I wrote an actual substantive response to your point, and you basically just dismissed it out of hand, so don't give me that "I respect your opinion" bulls***.

You want to debate or have an actual discussion, fine. You want to be snarky, fine. I can play either game and am happy to engage. But don't then try to paint yourself as "Oh, look at me, I'm the respectful one here" when your posts just ooze with contempt and disregard.

I respect your option of my posts. No trolling either, I actually respect your opinion.

From my perspective, I offered a substantive opinion on the topic. I believe my point is valid, even if you disagree and don't respect it. You may find this funny, but although I respect you and I respect your opinion what you think of me really has no bearing on me or my life. You're not really on my radar.

You don't agree that my post has merit to the discussion. I respect that. If my responses get you worked up, angry, and upset- I can't really control your feelings or what you decide to post.

I have an opinion on your responses, but I'll keep them to myself. I believe you're doing a great job showing yourself, and I respect your right to do that.

I respect your option of my posts. No trolling either, I actually respect your opinion.

From my perspective, I offered a substantive opinion on the topic. I believe my point is valid, even if you disagree and don't respect it. You may find this funny, but although I respect you and I respect your opinion what you think of me really has no bearing on me or my life. You're not really on my radar.

You don't agree that my post has merit to the discussion. I respect that. If my responses get you worked up, angry, and upset- I can't really control your feelings or what you decide to post.

I have an opinion on your responses, but I'll keep them to myself. I believe you're doing a great job showing yourself, and I respect your right to do that.

Back at ya.

I'm pretty sure someone at Lucasfilm said that BB8 is a one of a kind droid.
From the script of The Force Awakens:
Code:
                  KYLO REN
   Where... is it?
  Poe can't take it -- he BEGINS TO SCREAM and we CUT TO:

INT. STAR DESTROYER CORRIDOR - DAY

WHOOOSH! The cell door SLIDES UP. Kylo Ren exits, fierce,
  confronts GENERAL HUX (34, scary) who awaits him:

KYLO REN
   It's in a droid. A BB unit.

GENERAL HUX
   Well then. If it's on Jakku, we'll
   soon have it.

KYLO REN
   I leave that to you.

That shows that both Kylo Ren and General Hux knew what a "BB unit" was. Therefore, BB-8 is not one of a kind.

Well POE actually says one of a kind...

POE
I got to get to my droid before the
First Order does!

FINN
What - a droid?!

POE
That's right. He's a BB unit! Orange
and white: one of a kind.

My take is "one of a kind" = a unique personality. You know, R2 and 3PO were also "one of a kind", although there were tons of Astromech and Protocol droids running around. I think Chopper from Rebels is truly "one of a kind" in that he's really the only one like him.

Also, I love the videos posted. She does some pretty funny and sarcastic posts, really funny stuff. I don't think she meant it as a serious thing.

One of the very few things I didn't like about TFA was I would have liked to see just a few more Protocol Droids and R2 units outside of the Resistance base. I would have liked to see just a few more Droids on the Star Destroyer and Starkiller Base.

I also wished there had been 1-2 background BB units in different colors at the Resistance Base.

I also would have liked to see maybe 2 more familiar aliens at Maz's castle, like 1 Rodian and 1 Ithorian.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back