Rogue One - Jyn Erso BlasTech A180 Blaster Pistol

Re: Rogue One Felicity Jones gun - ideas

Orrr, after seeing the pics above it may be where the shoulder butt slides on ??

If it's used as a Modular Weapon System in R1 we have a solid "Yep". If the marks exist in the movie with no MWS (deleted scenes included) it could be holster wear. The bluing on these airsofts aren't exactly pre-WWII Wehrmacht grade. :/

The first thing I thought when I saw the extending barrel on the sniper mode was that it was her baton that attached to the blaster to form the longer barrel. That would have been an awesome touch.

Is this the first blaster to have 3 different configurations?

Well, they are introducing another blaster called the A280-CFE, which seems to be just as modular. Like the A180, the modularity was hinted at by the accessories included with figures a while ago (I suspected it after noticing Cassian's blaster pistol had the same greeblies as his blaster rifle) and that was recently confirmed (and the blaster was named) by a display Star Wars Launch Bay (source):

CyjrPD_VIAU5RCw.jpg

Keep in mind the A180's assault rifle configuration has been seen with and without the stock, so I'm not sure if there's really three set configurations. Also, looking at this picture from Hot Toys, it looks like there might be two different collapsible barrel extensions, a smaller for the pistol and a longer one to turn it into a sniper rifle (source):

15403757_10154020651487344_3449231869886220184_o.jpg

Orrr, after seeing the pics above it may be where the shoulder butt slides on ??

Yeah, I was going to make a post about that. I'm almost certain the wear is from the stock (but I guess the holster could have made it worse), which suggests they based the model in Star Wars Battlefront on one of the metal hero props. This stock also explains why they messed with the back of the gun so much: they ground off part of the "lip" around the side of the gun, separating it into two sections, so that the stock could slide onto the back part, and they removed the rear sight, removed the safety lever, and ground off the "tab" below the rear sight sight so that the stock would be able to fit. Here's a stock (heh) WE Luger for comparison (source):

Products4554-1024x683-99915.jpg

I wonder if there's any other way the stock attaches to the back, because it doesn't seem like it would be very sturdy if it just slides on.

If it's used as a Modular Weapon System in R1 we have a solid "Yep". If the marks exist in the movie with no MWS (deleted scenes included) it could be holster wear. The bluing on these airsofts aren't exactly pre-WWII Wehrmacht grade. :/

I'm pretty sure we will get to see the the attachments in action, because the costume on display Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 had this (source):

28342925172_fabbd5248b_k.jpg28342922932_1bdc8ca9c1_k.jpg28342918462_cbe8a75ca5_k.jpg28342892182_932bcc1af5_k.jpg27831285264_bd736b8e85_k.jpg28415528586_e4e754f125_k.jpg28342906052_2e2e166f4b_k.jpg28164889850_06770add7c_k.jpg

I thought it was one of the weird two tube devices that Cassian's costume had for a while, but I just noticed that it's actually the A180's assault rifle mode attachment and collapsible barrel extension inside their own holster, which explains how Jyn carries around those extra attachments (I don't see the stock, though). Looks like they might be stunt versions, judging by the visible mold lines. Also note that the collapsible barrel extension is separate from the assault rifle mode portion.

That costume is the one she wears on Eadu, so that's probably when we'll see her use (which is what I was assuming, since it didn't seem right for her to use it on Jedha or Scarif). I think the closest we've gotten to seeing it in live action is still this Topps trading card from Star Wars: Card Trader:

CtmjgmbUIAAqBot.jpg

Also appears to be a sling swivel stud on the left side.

I noticed that too, but, for some reason, the stud and the plate its attached to only show up sometimes. Here's a picture where it's not present (source):

pr552228-2-2951308-b-p-c7c7c7.jpg

And here's one where it is (source):

pr551596-2-2948936-b-p-ffffff.jpg

I'm guessing you can probably remove those screws and then easily remove the plate. I'm not sure what its for, though, since I don't think we've seen anything to suggest Jyn attaches a sling to it.

Screen Shot 2016-12-10 at 6.20.04 PM.png

Working on some blueprints for everyone. Let me know if anything looks wrong, incorrect size, etc. A lot of this was guesswork since the Battlefront image suffers from some lens distortion.

I'm hoping to machine the parts for mine over my winter break.

I have a denix that I'd like to convert but I'm in no hurry and someone might do a run of machine parts in the future so I'll wait

Well, they are introducing another blaster called the A280-CFE, which seems to be just as modular. Like the A180, the modularity was hinted at by the accessories included with figures a while ago (I suspected it after noticing Cassian's blaster pistol had the same greeblies as his blaster rifle) and that was recently confirmed (and the blaster was named) by a display Star Wars Launch Bay (source):

View attachment 689393

Keep in mind the A180's assault rifle configuration has been seen with and without the stock, so I'm not sure if there's really three set configurations. Also, looking at this picture from Hot Toys, it looks like there might be two different collapsible barrel extensions, a smaller for the pistol and a longer one to turn it into a sniper rifle (source):

View attachment 689394

Yeah, I was going to make a post about that. I'm almost certain the wear is from the stock (but I guess the holster could have made it worse), which suggests they based the model in Star Wars Battlefront on one of the metal hero props. This stock also explains why they messed with the back of the gun so much: they ground off part of the "lip" around the side of the gun, separating it into two sections, so that the stock could slide onto the back part, and they removed the rear sight, removed the safety lever, and ground off the "tab" below the rear sight sight so that the stock would be able to fit. Here's a stock (heh) WE Luger for comparison (source):

View attachment 689384

I wonder if there's any other way the stock attaches to the back, because it doesn't seem like it would be very sturdy if it just slides on.

I'm pretty sure we will get to see the the attachments in action, because the costume on display Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016 had this (source):

View attachment 689392View attachment 689385View attachment 689386View attachment 689391View attachment 689387View attachment 689388View attachment 689390View attachment 689389

I thought it was one of the weird two tube devices that Cassian's costume had for a while, but I just noticed that it's actually the A180's assault rifle mode attachment and collapsible barrel extension inside their own holster, which explains how Jyn carries around those extra attachments (I don't see the stock, though). Looks like they might be stunt versions, judging by the visible mold lines. Also note that the collapsible barrel extension is separate from the assault rifle mode portion.

That costume is the one she wears on Eadu, so that's probably when we'll see her use (which is what I was assuming, since it didn't seem right for her to use it on Jedha or Scarif). I think the closest we've gotten to seeing it in live action is still this Topps trading card from Star Wars: Card Trader:

View attachment 689383

I noticed that too, but, for some reason, the stud and the plate its attached to only show up sometimes. Here's a picture where it's not present (source):

View attachment 689402

And here's one where it is (source):

View attachment 689400

I'm guessing you can probably remove those screws and then easily remove the plate. I'm not sure what its for, though, since I don't think we've seen anything to suggest Jyn attaches a sling to it.
Could have something to do with the different attachments?

Could have something to do with the different attachments?

That's what I was wondering. It would make sense for the assault rifle mode, but it seems odd they would leave it there in pictures of it in pistol mode. Maybe they just didn't want to bother unscrewing it.

That's what I was wondering. It would make sense for the assault rifle mode, but it seems odd they would leave it there in pictures of it in pistol mode. Maybe they just didn't want to bother unscrewing it.
Yeah, I mean once you turn this little pistol into a rifle, you're gonna need a sling, right?

Maybe it's simply an attachment point for a sling when it's in rifle mode.

But does she ever convert this thing in the film? I reckon we'll find out this weekend!

But does she ever convert this thing in the film? I reckon we'll find out this weekend!

I'll eat my Imperial officer's hat if she doesn't use some of the attachments on Eadu. Anyways, here's a new close-up shot (source):

Screen Shot 2016-12-11 at 6.03.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-12-11 at 6.03.32 PM.png

It kinda looks like there's no "lip" at all for attaching the stock, and that plate near the back looks bent (or maybe that's just the recessed area there painted silver).

Also, here's a cool video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Image1.jpg

What is this (see red arrow)? Sort of looks like a sling mount point.

So... what's the best way to eat a hat?

That was pretty disappointing; we didn't get any good shots of the blaster. And where did the attachments go? Oh well, here's a shot of a prop from Star Wars Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide (source):

lKNna9p.jpgG0FdG86.jpg

So, she stole it from the Rebels? That would explain the name and modularity; it fits right in with the A280-CFE. I guess that might have been a deleted scene, and explains the dialogue in this one:

Last edited by a moderator:

So having seen the movie, and starting to follow the sordid history of re-shoots and massive footage left on the floor, I'm not sure making the extra barrel and attachments is considered screen accurate, since the actual movie does NOT include any footage of this weapon being used. Thoughts? I was going to make the extra attachments to fit my replica, but I don't see the point now. Please convince me otherwise, I kinda wanted to make the Transforming gun. :)

So having seen the movie, and starting to follow the sordid history of re-shoots and massive footage left on the floor, I'm not sure making the extra barrel and attachments is considered screen accurate, since the actual movie does NOT include any footage of this weapon being used. Thoughts? I was going to make the extra attachments to fit my replica, but I don't see the point now. Please convince me otherwise, I kinda wanted to make the Transforming gun. :)

Disney has explicitly stated that Battlefront is considered a part of official cannon. Therefore, the mods to Jyn's stolen blaster are cannon, and you should tackle them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back