Pokemon GO

Still has quite a bit playing it but they are going to have to fix the stuff people really want fixed tho or the loss in users might increase. The tracker being one...

I figured there was a drop. I'm a casual, and have no time to drop into a gym and hold it down. It's good for people that have commutes and offIces that are next to gyms I guess

When I was down in Atlantic City everyone with their phone out was catching pokemon. So sure they lost 10 million but its still everywhere I look.

It's mostly the people who jumped in because of the hype who stopped playing, I know a lot of people who downloaded it because of the hype and stopped playing after 2 days. I personally can't wait till winter when barely anyone is playing anymore so I can take over all the gyms with some friends.

It's mostly the people who jumped in because of the hype who stopped playing, I know a lot of people who downloaded it because of the hype and stopped playing after 2 days. I personally can't wait till winter when barely anyone is playing anymore so I can take over all the gyms with some friends.

In my experience it's exactly the opposite. The long-time pokemon fans I know have mostly gotten bored of it and deleted it within the first three weeks.

It could also be the effect of people getting weedle/pidgey's from 2km eggs. Nothing like feeling the urge to delete the game after hatching those :p

It could also be the effect of people getting weedle/pidgey's from 2km eggs. Nothing like feeling the urge to delete the game after hatching those :p

i seriously hope for those. they give great candy. i usually hoard 240 weedle candy, 240 caterpie candy, and then 240 pidgey candy. once i get 240 candy in each department i then collect 20 caterpie, 20 pidgey and 20 weedle.

next pop a lucky egg and evolve all 20, pidgey, weedle, and caterpie. with lucky egg on, those evolutions give you 2000exp each, 60 evolutions comes out to 120,000 exp. last i checked i needed 2 lucky eggs because of the time it takes in animation for the evolution i dont think 1 egg (last 30 minutes) is long enough.

it also takes me roughly a week and a half to collect 60 of these pokemon. caterpie is the rarer of the bunch so i usually only get 10-12 in the week and a half of playing, i just take the remaining caterpie I'm missing and catch extra pidgey. i try and make it 60 evolutions because its very hard to do 60 evolutions in 30 minutes... last i tried.

i understand where your coming from though, to me i love the 2ks gives you starter pokemon and candies! i hate the 10k... walk and walk and walk and then end up with a eevee! Anger face

- - - Updated - - -

as for it dying, i dont think so, but i have seen a drop in players in my general hot spot areas. the game is becoming too demanding and practically impossible to get any higher after the early level 20's with out having to buy items..

i saw this the other day on the news, crazy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wawEqVpmpyU

My last two 2k eggs were rattatas, but my 2k egg before that was a 486cp Pikachu.

Saved up a lot of candies, Pidgeys, Retattas, and other Pokemon, popped a Lucky Egg, started at level mid 13 and got 30 evolutions and about 6 new in the Pokedex and ended at mid 16 with 2 minutes to spare. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
My last two 2k eggs were rattatas, but my 2k egg before that was a 486cp Pikachu.

i haven't hatched a pikachu yet. we believe hatched pokemons IV's are stronger then wild pokemon. I ended up finding a CP510 charmander, but its IV's are in the 20's... horrible

i went out farming more pidgeys, caterpie, and needles tonight. hopefully next week i can get to level 25... its really a chore now though..

i dont know about you guys, but i can't seem to stay in a gym... i can take it over, and then you get the 20 hour clock, come morning I'm bumped out lol

whats the longest everyone has held down a gym?

my record is probably 4 hours

I've also noticed hatched pokemon tend to have decent IV's. like 80% or better it seems

also not from an egg, but I caught a perfect stat Nidoran a while back and now have a perfect Nidoking! his move selection could be better though

I'm one of the old-school Pokemon fans that dropped out of this game. To me, I see it as really 1 dimensional after a bit of playing. There should be more to it. Wild pokemon battles, trainer battles, trading, a better gym system. It's really boring the way gym battles are set up right now. Once they start implementing those things, I'll probably get back into it, but right now there isn't enough substance to keep me interested.

I'm one of the old-school Pokemon fans that dropped out of this game. To me, I see it as really 1 dimensional after a bit of playing. There should be more to it. Wild pokemon battles, trainer battles, trading, a better gym system. It's really boring the way gym battles are set up right now. Once they start implementing those things, I'll probably get back into it, but right now there isn't enough substance to keep me interested.

exactly, i haven't stopped playing but i feel the same way. I'm going on 3 weeks of farming... i dont know how much longer this will keep me entertained... I think my main ambition is to find Ditto.

we know there is 4 regional pokemon, Mr Mime in Europe. kangaskhan in Australia. tauros in america and farfetched in japan. though they are regional exclusives these can be hatched in 5k eggs. its very rare but possible. we know there is 3 legendary birds Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres in the programing yet have no catch rate programed in, there for hackers can't force them to appear. we also know mewtwo and mew are programed in the game and like the birds have no catch rate to avoid hacking. we know there is master ball also in the game but yet not found...

what i am saying is the people posting on youtube they caught them all are fakes.. no one has caught all 151 yet. realistically there 5 pokemon un obtainable right now.. the 3 birds, mew and mewtwo.

BUT Ditto is the only pokemon in the game that has yet to be discovered!! we know he's programed in. there are many theories out there that, the most believable one is that ditto appears as any pokemon. this could be a common rattata, seeing no one wants rats they walk buy him, only if they clicked on him when it comes to the capture screen ditto would appear instead of the rattata..

the only thing pushing me now is a ditto hunt. i would love to be the first one to find him, every single pokemon that appears i catch to see if the rumor is true.. no luck yet. he's out there but no one has found him yet....

we know there is 4 regional pokemon, Mr Mime in Europe. kangaskhan in Australia. tauros in america and farfetched in japan. though they are regional exclusives these can be hatched in 5k eggs. its very rare but possible.

Nothing but a myth. Region locked pokemon cannot be hatched from out of region eggs. Think of it, how many millions of eggs have been hatched and not one single viable proven source has been given that a region locked pokemon was hatched out of its region. Your odds of winning the lottery are better. It is rumored to be possible that if an egg is obtained from another region and then hatched elsewhere then yes, a region locked pokemon may be hatched. But there has been no solid proof from that happening either.

As for Ditto, there are rumors and speculation his appearance is dependent on the three starters because of the catch rate that data miners have found which happen to be the exact rate of the starters. And only the starters have such a rate.

Nothing but a myth. Region locked pokemon cannot be hatched from out of region eggs. Think of it, how many millions of eggs have been hatched and not one single viable proven source has been given that a region locked pokemon was hatched out of its region. Your odds of winning the lottery are better. It is rumored to be possible that if an egg is obtained from another region and then hatched elsewhere then yes, a region locked pokemon may be hatched. But there has been no solid proof from that happening either.

As for Ditto, there are rumors and speculation his appearance is dependent on the three starters because of the catch rate that data miners have found which happen to be the exact rate of the starters. And only the starters have such a rate.

i didnt know that!! thank you for sharing this info, i seriously can't believe no one has found one yet!!

as for the regional eggs that makes sense, I've seen a lot of people online claiming they hatched Mr mime though... could always be a lie or hack. i know a few people over seas have jumped planes and got hunting for regional pokemon, crazy isn't it!!

while not its not about this game but i always thought how great a mmorpg would be with a pokemon setting seeing as how the market for mmorpg is quite low atm and the pokemon hype is kind of back.

Has there been any word of when the new tracking system will be released?

while not its not about this game but i always thought how great a mmorpg would be with a pokemon setting seeing as how the market for mmorpg is quite low atm and the pokemon hype is kind of back.

Has there been any word of when the new tracking system will be released?

they have a new experimental tracking system in san fransico. the new tracking systems seems to be 50/50. it works good so far but players are saying it takes away the point of walking around looking. seems like the players think the 3 foot print tracking was the best system they had. now they have a tracking system that works with the pokestops and kinda takes the fun out of the actual hunt

i have been meeting a group of players every sunday morning. we have been organizing cleanup's at out local war memorial park. there i have met over 600 players in the past month. they have showed me how the new grass tracking system works. if there is a gym near by you, and the pokemon on your tracker is first in line, the damn thing will always spawn at the gym! i have seen this down with my own eyes multiple times. i can't believe how consistent these kids have made it with tracking

here is a great video explains, he does some nonsense talking, so jump to 2:27 for him to explain about the history of tracking. then 7:30 starts the explanation of San fransico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekuj_C17BOE

they are complaining about how the new tracking system is unfair... wait until niantic's next plan... where business's will be able to purchase pokestops (for a monthly fee), and then select what pokemon they want to spawn there...

everyone here still playing? I'm stuck at level 25 for the past month, the exp is just too demanding... takes forever to get to the next level. my friends are all in the early 30s now. i havant given up, just dont have as much free time as them.

hows everyone else making out?

everyone here still playing? I'm stuck at level 25 for the past month, the exp is just too demanding... takes forever to get to the next level. my friends are all in the early 30s now. i havant given up, just dont have as much free time as them.

hows everyone else making out?

Just got to 25 this morning, man, this was work... IMO there needs to be done some changes to the leveling system, as a casual player it's getting way too hard to level up past 20, They need to lower the XP for each step or to introduce a system to get XP easier at high levels. Maybe giving more XP based on the Pokemon's strength (like a red ring one gives you 500 XP while a green ring one only gives 50 or so).

I am walking to work, so 10km for me each day and the most XP for this distance I can get is like 30000 per day after evolving all those Pidgeys...

With the current XP system my guess would be that in long term you will only have those 30+ hardcore gamers and low level player avoiding any gyms at all. And me inbetween ^^

Some random thoughts about the game:

- I am not sure if it is my cell phone or an overall problem, but both the buddys and the eggs count only roughly 2/3 of my mileage when walking which is kinda annoying...

- They changed the Pokedex so it shows those Pokemon you haven't cought yet but seen in gyms as silhuettes (so far only those Pokemon you weren't able to catch while trying so appeared in the Pokedex). I'm not yet sure if I like this or not, my OCD had a hard time living with a difference of +1 because I didn't catch a cloyster and it took some weeks to evolve a shelder for me... Then again it's additional info, so that is fine...

- I really hope they allow to skip animations some time in the future, really of annoying to wait and wait and wait...

- Pokemon should spawn also at random places, not only close to spawn points... After months of walking the same route I know exactly where I can expect them to spawn and where nothing will appear at all. This is in two ways bad: It makes the game predictable for experienced players which might be a little unfair for newbies. And there are hundreds of metere of street where nothing ever will happen at all. A friend of mine has a spawn point in front of her flat spawning three pokemon at the same time every 20 minutes or so. My whole street hasn't a single spawn point. (Both of us live in larger cities). I have no idea if this is a technical thing or a game related decision, but I would really like it to be more random. Would make it more surprising, a little more fair and would reintroduce the "discovery walk" aspect... But thats just my opinion... ;)

- What happened with the nearby function the tested in San Francisco (I think)? Still stuck with the wibbly wobbly there-might-be-something-close-but-maybe-not system. Absolutely useless without of any feedback if you are getting closer or not, I surely won't walk around the whole neighborhood for the little chance to find it by accident before it disappears...

- Final rant: I hate that in Germany most Pokemon names are localized, very annoying! (not the devs decission though, was like this since the beginning...)

Hope this doesns't make me look too nitpicking though, I honestly love this game and the franchise, and I haven't even played or watched Pokemon before (but am watching the series right now :rolleyes)

Cheers!

hey buddy i too have noticed the walking counter for eggs and buddy system is broken too!!

i tested this with my girlfriend's iwatch. to hatch a 2k egg took me a little over 3k!!!

something's gotta be done about that

as for easy exp. i have also been told to hoard all 10k eggs. this way once u get 9 10k eggs u hatch them all at once u get more exp for 10k eggs. i haven't found a 10k in over a month...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back