Pepsi is making Pepsi Perfect? BTTF

Hi! Long time lurker and HUGE BTTF fan here from México! Dude, your mod is AMAZING! I also have my Cinemex replicas I would like to mod. Did you use Cobalt Blue spray?

I tried to mod one of my spare, damaged ones. But I used the incorrect shade of blue (It was too dark) and I almost ruined it (I was able to remove the paint). Would you be kind enough to explain how you did it, fool-proof? Thanks a lot!

Hello,
What I did was take a Dremel and sanded the inside of the The threads down to make them much lower and allow the top to sit down on the bottle lower and to adjust as you like . As you know the threads put a lot of pressure on the outside of the plastic cap and shows through . This is why I wanted to paint it as well as to make it more screen accurate.
You need to sand the entire area to be painted with 2000 grit sandpaper (if it has not been painted already or the old paint will need to be removed with rubbing alcohol or very light sanding . ) after all sanded, wipe down with rubbing alcohol before you paint .
I use a very good modelers paint from Testers which is a lacquer paint and bonds very well ,should hold up over the years. See pic:
I also applied my custom label very close to the bottom of the cap on the bottle which looks more screen accurate and not too low position as Pepsi place there's.
Then I use silver pinstriping from any auto parts store to trim the bottom of the cap.
Hope this helps, Thanks!

image.jpeg

Last edited:
looks good , did you shorten the cap?

Hi, No just Dermal / sanded out the inside of the threads of the cap Very carefully and this allows it to drop down lower and not be held to the position of the threads ,also will take a lot of the pressure off the outside of the cap which distorts the look . The sanding does not ruin it still ,just makes a nice tight fit . Just do a little at a time and will work great.

Hello,
What I did was take a Dremel and sanded the inside of the The threads down to make them much lower and allow the top to sit down on the bottle lower and to adjust as you like . As you know the threads put a lot of pressure on the outside of the plastic cap and shows through . This is why I wanted to paint it as well as to make it more screen accurate.
You need to sand the entire area to be painted with 2000 grit sandpaper (if it has not been painted already or the old paint will need to be removed with rubbing alcohol or very light sanding . ) after all sanded, wipe down with rubbing alcohol before you paint .
I use a very good modelers paint from Testers which is a lacquer paint and bonds very well ,should hold up over the years. See pic:
I also applied my custom label very close to the bottom of the cap on the bottle which looks more screen accurate and not too low position as Pepsi place there's.
Then I use silver pinstriping from any auto parts store to trim the bottom of the cap.
Hope this helps, Thanks!

View attachment 557990

Wow! Truly amazing work and results. I will definitely try it out. Thanks!

Hello,
Hope this helps, Thanks!

View attachment 557990

Great work on the mod.

What thickness of silver pinstripes did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not going to lie. I'm shaking my head that I apparently have to explain this, but here goes.

It's a video made for fun. The Official bottle was actually chucked into a bubble wrap lined trash can to keep it protected. It's now sitting up with my Mexi-Pepsi and Replica on the shelf - and they are all empty.

I always intended to empty the bottle. The timing just worked out really well with the replica bottle, so my oldest daughter and I thought it would be funny to film this video for everyone.

I also only paid 20 bucks for the thing, so I figured what the hell... :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back