BTTF - Back to the Future Merchandise (Toys, Models, Figures, Statues)

It's sad that fans can make better DeLoreans from scraps than a whole company dedicated to designing and building them.

It's sad that fans can make better DeLoreans from scraps than a whole company dedicated to designing and building them.

Fan replicas will always be better, because we have other priorities than big companies and we have more time. We want to have it as screen accurate as possible and companies just want money. They don't care about accuracy. ;)

Not sure if this was mentioned, but the people being the ReAction figure line, behind the Alien retro figures, has stated that they'll be doing a BTTF retro figure line (including a DeLorean action figure vehicle), amongst other lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this was mentioned, but the people being the ReAction figure line, behind the Alien retro figures, has stated that they'll be doing a BTTF retro figure line (including a DeLorean action figure vehicle), amongst other lines.

I want to see the Last Starfighter figures made...

lostfigs7.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvKnSgX2bUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRmluj6H87s

These have been around for a little while now. It's disappointing though seeing their other figures compared to the BTTF characters. They're just so generic and bland. It looks like they used stock figures and just gave them decent enough paint jobs.

It seems like accuracy for any BTTF merchandise gets shafted. The only exception is the Hot Toys replica.

These have been around for a little while now. It's disappointing though seeing their other figures compared to the BTTF characters. They're just so generic and bland. It looks like they used stock figures and just gave them decent enough paint jobs.

It seems like accuracy for any BTTF merchandise gets shafted. The only exception is the Hot Toys replica.

Well Mitas, you have to take something into account: The ReAction figures are meant to be in the old 1970s/1980s Kenner style, which look just as bland because the Star Wars figures like that, as well as some of the other Kenner figures that came to be. So, naturally, they're not going to look good in the same context as something from NECA. In fact, I'm sure that the other figures won't look as good (because in the videos, it's stated that some of the other figures were still in the middle of being sculpted before their official release, and the company wanted to have something to show at ToyFair. Basically, some of the ones you're comparing them to are still works in progress and may not reflect how the final result will look like).

If you've never grown up with the Kenner action figures of the 1970s/1980s, then you are missing the point as to why these figures are the way they are: because they are meant to reflect back on a style of action figure that no long exist, except for those who still have those figures from that time. Basically, this company has taken "what if these figures had been made during Kenner's heyday, what would they be like" and run with it. And I don't know about anyone else, but I certainly commend them for it.

Last edited:
... Basically, this company has taken "what if these figures had been made during Kenner's heyday, what would they be like" and run with it. ...

I don't think the real reason is nostalgia. I think it's just cheaper for them to take this path as long as nostalgic people still buy it.

I don't think the real reason is nostalgia. I think it's just cheaper for them to take this path as long as nostalgic people still buy it.

That would be the thought. Except the first figures they put out Kenner's unproduced "Alien" action figures. That's nostalgia. And most people bought those figures for the nostalgia factor, and that became a niche for the Super7 company. If it was about cheaply producing figures, they would have gone with franchises like "Escape from New York" first because of affordability of the franchise (you don't see a whole lot of EFNY figures being produced these days. The last known figures for that franchise was McFarlane's Movie Maniacs line, and that was almost a decade a go).

Last edited:
Maybe it is cheaper for them, but its the vintage appeal factor that is driving the line. Funko is making ReAction (vintage look) 3.75" figures of Firefly and also making regular 6" Firefly figures (part of their Legacy line) with actor likeness similar to their Game of Thrones line. They wouldn't move into the 6" line if they wanted to stick to making only cheap looking figures.

They are making several classic characetrs in ReAction (like Rocketeer and Snake Plissken from Escape from New York) which otherwise wouldn't be getting new figures. Sideshow is making a 12" Snake, but no 6" yet. So I think we will see some of these ReAction figures making their way into their 6" Legacy line based on the sales and popularity.

Unlike Mattel who chickened out on making BTTF figures, Funko is committed to BTTF. They made the BTTF Pop figures including the DeLorean. Now they are making BTTF figures including George and Biff, who had only minimate versions so far. If the line does well, I think they will expand the line and even might consider doing BTTF characters in their 6" Legacy line.

I am not too found of the cartoonish figures from their Pop line in general, so I haven't picked up the BTTF Pop figures. But I wanted to pick the BTTF ReAction figures at SDCC, but they didn't have them on sale then. Hoping to buy them online next month.

I remember a little while ago Diamond Select was going to come out with a full replica of the Mr. Fusion. It looked horrible and never made it past the toy show it first appeared at.

Also next year I'm hoping for a big Back to the Future craze from companies to come out with a lot of clothing items and other merchandise.

I spoke to DST during SDCC about the Mr. Fusion prototype and they told me they are still working on it and waiting for approval from the studio.

Oh yeah, next year is going to be a great year for BTTF collectors :).

How hard is it to buy a krups coffee grinder and work from there? The people working at these companies should hire people from here

How hard is it to buy a krups coffee grinder and work from there? The people working at these companies should hire people from here

Well this replica will include the white and black base. Both of which have to be custom made or bought for like $1000 from Bob's Prop Shop. This replica will make the whole thing much more affordable presumably.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back